• The forum has been updated. For an explanation of some of the changes, head over here.

Search results

1. HoJu

Free Games - Recomendations and updates galore

Rage 2 and Absolute Drift are free on Epic.
  2. HoJu

"Hellish Quart": 17th Century, 3D sword dueling game (DEMO out now!)

The early access is out, with rapier and longsword fencers on top of the sabre guys from the demo.
  3. HoJu

Bomber Crew free on HB
  4. HoJu

Yes, pretty much that
  5. HoJu

Be ye warned that you'll probably have to link your Epic account with your Origin account, and the game will launch from Origin. At least that's the case with Squadrons.
  6. HoJu

And Brigador over at GOG
  7. HoJu

Screenshottery Thread Mk.2

B4drv.jpg
    Forget hand-and-a-half swords. Throw away your two-handed swords. The new four-handed sowrd is the way to go (and you can still use it one-handed!).
  8. HoJu

I think you should go speak to Sigurd at the docks
  9. HoJu

That's AC Rogue, isn't it? I wanted to play it for no other reason but to play a game about the age of sail that is not set in the Caribbean, which I'm tired of.
  10. HoJu

Elite Dangerous currently free on Epic
  11. HoJu

"The Vikings never wore horned helmets" is something every normie has known for like 30 years, the pop culture depiction is now more like "Vikings were epic badasses who were all 7ft bodybuilders and the best warriors in the world" which is honestly way worse.
    Horned helmets have been replaced by the more insidious biker leather.

I had some hope since for the most part, Assassin's Creed games tend to get outfits at least halfway decent for the regular NPCs at least, and if you squint hard enough you can suspend the disbelief enough to feel that you are in the depicted era. In Oddyssey for the first time even the player had several options to wear sensible armour. But in this one they seem to have gone full fur and leather fantasy bs.
  12. HoJu

"Hellish Quart": 17th Century, 3D sword dueling game (DEMO out now!)

I have spent more time playing the demo for this than the Squadrons game I bought a couple of days ago.:razz:
  13. HoJu

Upcoming games you nitpicky ****bags look forward to ***** about in the future.

I didn't have a chance to try it yesterday. I'll give it a go and share my HEMA practitioner opinion on it (god, I miss my sparrings, we've only met to cross swords once since March)

After a first dip, I like what I see. It's very barebones and needs a lot of work but I like how visceral and quick the fights are. I had a few very tense bouts with the AI where we were both exchanging blows, parrying, grappling and disengaging. When it clicks, it has the potential of being great. There's also a lot of flailing and animations not triggering properly and when that happens it spoils the good bits a little, but I'm hopeful.

With the side-on view, my brain has trouble placing whether the swords are on the inside or outside of each other and linking that to the appropriate attack directions to bypass the opponent's blade, but that's down to practice I guess.

Edit: Btw, there's a damage multiplier in the options that you can set as low as 0,2 (default is 1) if you feel the fights end too quickly (or as high as 2 if you want nothing but one-hit kills). Still, even at the lowest damage setting, a solid swing to the head was a one-hit kill.
  14. HoJu

Hellish Quart has a demo on Steam
  15. HoJu

Games you wish existed

A fully modelled 3D RPG in the world of Fallen London and Sunless Sea.
  16. HoJu

Iron Chieftain: Simulated RTS and Citybuilder

I knew that music was familiar but couldn't place it.
  17. HoJu

Remember En Garde!, that promising little graduation project about swashbuckling and physycs shenanigans? Well, the team behind it has reunited to form their own studio and, judging by the gifs on their Twitter account they're still very much in a swashbuckling mood and planning to do something in a similar vein. I'll be keeping an eye on them.
  18. HoJu

Hopefully it'll be as good as Sierra's Civil War Generals 2 was (which I really wish was available on GOG, because I freaking miss having that game), because CWG2 was THE best tactical US Civil War game.
    It was one of the first games my older brother bought for our PC, in a pack with Caesar II and Lords of the Realm II. Little stupid me never figured out the first thing about how to actually play the damn thing (not that I would be any better now, strategy isn't my thing), but I really liked the little FMV clips from battle reenactments that played with every attack, even if there were only a handful of them.
  19. HoJu

That’s great news! Can you find the source?
  20. HoJu

And yet they still haven’t confirmed if there’ll be trouble with the law if you don’t respect traffic laws. That made the original game amazing and I truly hope they bring it back.

Nothing’s more immersion breaking than racing down the streets ignoring red lights while the police just stare at you like “have a good one!”
    I think it was confirmed that there'll be a police tolerance setting, and the harsher setting will be like the original game.
Top Bottom