• The forum has been updated. For an explanation of some of the changes, head over here.

Search results

1. Heskeytime

#GAME OVER# BoE ended, but there's something else coming

Loved this mod, squeezed more raw potential out of the base game than any other mod i've seen.

I'll follow any multiplayer mod your team makes of Bannerlord with great interest.
  2. Heskeytime

MP Native Calradia Adventures - Invasion RPG| VOTE FOR REVIVAL!

Ah, shoulda checked here sooner. Sucks about your hosting being down atm, was wondering why i couldn't log in and get my sweet fix
  3. Heskeytime

MP Native Calradia Adventures - Invasion RPG| VOTE FOR REVIVAL!

Great mod, really fun and addictive.

Dedicated 'last stand' brawler vs waves of bots with persistent loot and levelling up. Maps are well designed and bots are smarter than your average player. What's not to like?
  4. Heskeytime

[Suggestions] for Viking Conquest.

FelipeII said:
    sentinel329 said:
    Bows work fine. I played my first playthrough as a archer and could sharpshoot and take down unarmored troops easily. The bows are not super powerful as they are in native Warband though. they will not destroy shields, nor will they one-shot armored troops.
    Yes, on the first patch(on release) the bows wasn't with this lame speed rating, so you could shoot a bunch of arrows in a unarmored enemy to kill him, try the bow now and see that they are not "work fine". =S
    And I'm not expecting to kill a fully armored shoot with one hit, but with a accuracy of 85 of the bows and speed rating 60 you need to land 3-4 headshots in a enemy using a helm? This is aweful. Again, in this DLC almost all troops have great athletics skills(including you) and shields, you don't need to worry about:"oh, if they ajust the bows I will never be able to play as infantry again" or "No, I don't want all my troops getting killed by arrows."
    Why the purpose of ranged weapons in the history:
    • Throwing/sling weapons for use against enemies at mid/close range.
    • Bows for use against unarmored/medium armored enemies at long/mid range.
    • Crossbows for use against heavy armored(no s**t) at long/mid range.
    For now only throwing weapons are working. Because of the new ranged system, the throwing weapons are making all the roles. The bows are only working against enemies at close range when you score a headshot(If the enemy is using a helm, the bow is just useless, because you only have time to one shoot when they are at close range). :S

I'm just proposing a rebalance/rework in the ranged weapons because it's really frustating that the DLC doesn't have functional ranged weapons(except throwing) because the players doesn't like to get killed by archers/crossbowmen. The intention of the Mount&Blade is have a precise and realistic combat(the most possible), thats why in MB system you will get killed sometimes by: Spears, horsemen's lances, arrows, javelins, axes, etc. It's all part of the game. :smile:

In a previous post about ranged you wanted people to explain why ranged is like this ingame without mentioning 'In history...', yet now you're claiming it should be rebalanced to be powerful based on history?

Combat of the era in this part of the world did not have a heavy emphasis on bows, lines of archers or archer-heroes. If you want an era that does favour ranged more then native warband is pretty perfect to simulate that. To simulate realistic combat the player-character in campaign is encouraged to get into the fray in melee, because that's historically where the action was had at this time. An argument could be made for the change in multiplayer to make it competitive and balanced, but that's so broken anyway i dont know if that's a priority. Also if bows became powerful in this game, people would be less likely to play in a realistically 'viking era' style, in which case what is the point of the DLC?

Balance at the moment encourages/forces you to fight in a 'Dark Age'/Viking style, and that's how a Viking DLC should be. If there was a Robin Hood or 100-years-war DLC then i'm sure ranged would have more of a role to play.
  5. Heskeytime

[Suggestions] for Viking Conquest.

FelipeII said:
    OBS: I concluded all observations and suggestions by: 1)PLAYING with all ranged weapons and using builds of skills and atributes maximized for the use of it. 2)Using custom battles to test, and I invite anyone to do the same tests. So if you are against my suggestion, so PLEASE, try to bring a good argument, and don't f*** around with things like: Historical accuracy or "But in real life(...)"

Have you done the same tests in Native vs a shield-heavy faction like Nords? Messing around with army compositions to find who wins vs pure infantry?
  6. Heskeytime

Need help on sieges.

seriousgigi said:
    Yeah but i have only one castle so i want to take this city for myself. My army consist of 100 soldiers. (20 frankish knights) I can't take city alone. When i asked AI to siege and after i joined him, AI demands this city for himself and i can't use 'taking city bonus' for elections. (i don't know do you understand what i mean) So i can't take city again.

ps: sorry for my bad english. in turkey, english education is not good :sad:

I understand, and your english is excellent i would have assumed you were a native speaker.

If you want the city for yourself the above advice is good, get as many elite troops as possible, you'll tear through the enemy garrison even on hardest settings. What i do is beat as many armies in the field as possible, get rich off prisoners and loot, then buy as many 'Veterans', 'Svear Warriors' and 'Frankish Cavalry' as i can find. It can be expensive but it works for me, i manage to balance costs and i've never had to recruit any prisoners.
  7. Heskeytime

Need help on sieges.

seriousgigi said:
    Yeah but when i try to attack -clicking 'send your vanguard to lay the ladders' or sth like that- only my men attacks but we have 2 army laying to siege and my ally's army doesn't come into an assault. Why just i fight with defenders?

Wish i knew.

Tbh that always happened to me even on native when i waited the full time, if i initiated the siege i'd always go in alone. So i'm in the habit of either attacking completely alone, or making sure i can get an AI lord to do the attack then join him, in native it worked even better because AI build siege towers far quicker than a human player.

In this DLC it's good to have a lord initiate the siege because if an AI lord takes it they can get a large free garrison there, once i had a lord with 100 men lead the attack plus me with 100 men, after we won and took the fort the garrison was over 200! And we still had all our men, whereas if i took it i'd need to put my own garrison inside at the cost of my own troops.
  8. Heskeytime

Sharpe

What's the one where Sharpe hits a nun with a chicken?
  9. Heskeytime

Hollywood version of the Ghost in the Shell

Jhessail said:
    Any hopes for a deep, thought-provoking analysis of cyborgs and the human condition can most likely be put to rest - this will be Transformers style action blockbuster for sure. Except probably **** even under that standard.

That element of the anime seemed overhyped, i heard it had that great reputation for deep analysis and all i saw was an action anime where sometimes it was necessary for the protagonist to get naked so that her camo worked. Also a scene where a group of robo-tanks who had ear-bleedingly shrill anime mascot voices save the day at the same time as sacrificing themselves whilst crying oil out of their eye-holes, it was one of few moments where an anime has made me laugh out loud... i'm just disappointed it isnt Michael Bay, that anime seemed right up his ally.
  10. Heskeytime

Problems everywhere

When you launch warband, select 'Configure', 'Advanced' and force single threading through there, that helped me a lot with performance issues, for some reason the DLC is very poorly optimised and many people have trouble running it even on good computers.

The world map lags for certain when you hold down ctrl-spacebar to speed things up, that much is still bad, but i'm able to run most battles fine now. With lag/delay entering settlements on the map.

I hope we get good fixes to these, otherwise in the meantime i hope the suggestions you get here at least allow you to play and enjoy singleplayer campaign or sandbox.
  11. Heskeytime

Sharpe

I recently re-watched ''Sharpe's Eagle'' and was surprised to see the evil, young, privileged officer upstart who challenges Sharpe in that episode is played by a young Daniel Craig lol, with curly brown hair!

Sharpe had a pretty dismal budget for most of the episodes, it's only the last few where they have more than just 12 guys walking through a field, then they cut to the same 12 guys again but wearing different uniforms to suggest there are a total of 24 guys! By the end they have a decent number of extras and some pretty cool fights, otherwise they always kinda fell short of the scale in the books - with Sean Bean being the redeeming feature ofc.

If anyone likes the Sharpe series but has seen them all, check out Hornblower, at first i was resistant but it's really good. It follows a naval officer in the same era and the budget's a bit bigger so they get more extras and better battles out of it.
  12. Heskeytime

Multiplayer: Spears utterly broken.

Fusilier said:
    Also explain to me how its reasonable that you can slap someone, yes, SLAP someone with a spear where no spike or rough end even connects with the enemy and still do damage. Better yet imagine hitting someone with mail armor with a stick by slapping his body with it and do damage. They would just shrug it off and hack your skull with an axe or a sword. Spear should only be able to do stab and overhead like in NW, it looks very amateurish that you can slap people with it.

Lol, the spear-slapping xD reminds me of my fave bit from 300 where they say 'In this mountain pass their numbers count for nothing!' then they defend against the first wave and immediately charge out of the pass, break formation and start swinging their spears over their heads. With tactics like these how did Leonidas ever die? xD
  13. Heskeytime

Multiplayer: Spears utterly broken.

Urban_Viking said:
    Spears are very OP, the bloody scores that i got on thor's champion with one were ridiculous.

Still wonder why anyone would bother using a sword on that gamemode, you're most likely to bounce off the champion, but with a spear it's almost like the armour makes no difference.
  14. Heskeytime

Bannerlord Complaint Predictions

Snazzelicious said:
    Explain, how are we supposed to know what the complaints will be about? Kind of a pointless thread if you ask me.

It's a great thread, i'm fairly sure we all know exactly what people are going to complain about regardless of how Bannerlord turns out. That's the point of this thread. Eg. No amount of realism will ever be realistic enough for some people, but other people will say it's too realistic at the cost of gameplay.

Most of these posts are spot-on, wait a year or two and check this forum for threads with those exact titles.
  15. Heskeytime

How has your L'aigle adventures been going?

Cordor said:
    does it aways rain in europe ? if so, its a wet adventure

Yes and yes
  16. Heskeytime

FAQ: Compilation of everything we know so far

General K said:
    Othurin said:
    Heskeytime said:
    You guys know things about stuff so i have question:

Is it possible to be a wealthy mustachio person with a comfy upbringing and no military talent who buys his way into an officer rank without ever slumming it as a footsoldier? Or are we all living the dream of coming up from the ranks?
    You may have a slightly easier time if nothing else if you constantly pick the good upbringing options, but there is alas no option to start with money for a good rank.
    @Incognito well, non commissioned officer. Still, that's where most would start

If you choose the noble upper class start, military student etc, you start with 100 renown. Finish starting quests and go to Liaison Officer and you can instantly be promoted from Private - Sergeant. Kind of a better start really in terms of titles but not in practice as of yet :razz:

Cheers.

That's a shame, the kind of pompous toff i'd hoped on RPing would not be seen dead wearing a Sergeant's uniform or brandishing a musket or rifle.
  17. Heskeytime

FAQ: Compilation of everything we know so far

You guys know things about stuff so i have question:

Is it possible to be a wealthy mustachio person with a comfy upbringing and no military talent who buys his way into an officer rank without ever slumming it as a footsoldier? Or are we all living the dream of coming up from the ranks?
  18. Heskeytime

My Garrison

reiksmarshal said:
    Leveling troops is poorly balanced in this game, I need 350,000 xp to level my serf to a champion! Even if my character was level 30+ with a 10 in training (which is not possible without cheating in this dlc) it would take almost a year in game. The only reliable way to get decent troops is to recruit viking bandits.

What about grabbing guys from taverns? That's what i normally do whenever possible to complement my forces, a few elite troops can really tip the balance even playing on max difficulty. Because you get so much wealth from prisoners and loot in this DLC it is feasible to keep recruiting those elite tavern troops, it even feels more immersive for this particular era than just grabbing farmers and turning them into champions.
  19. Heskeytime

How has your L'aigle adventures been going?

Sharpe is an NPC 0.O

I'm so getting this mod, only been hearing unbelievably positive things so far
  20. Heskeytime

Trunk of dreams: Literature, ARR's, player exp.

Cynric, Lord of Mercia fights an Ancient Nameless Terror!

(for textwall and copious backstory you can read the whole thing, or skip straight to the final battle which is short)

The journey so far:
    One upon a time there was a Mercian minor noble by the name of Cynric, he was a devout Christian and a warrior of God, his dearest wish was to unite the English-speaking peoples for Mercia. Despite being of noble birth Cynric had no decent weapons or armour, or the facility to make men follow his warband. He traveled from place to place winning tournaments until it grew tedious and giving generously to the church from his winnings. The occasional renegade would cross his path and be destroyed, by such a process did noble Cynric gain an axe, finally he had a weapon he considered useful in combat.

Cynric was still alone, he had no men but a small measure of reputation. Through shear chance Cynric happened upon some ancient ruins, he explored them and was ambushed by bandits, when he killed the chieftain he felt his pockets grow heavy as if suddenly a heavy piece of Scaled Armour and a named Sword had suddenly placed themselves inside. Cynric was overcome on his own and felt death overtake him... but he was not dead, also he hadn't even been looted, he woke up mysteriously outside the ruins and he still had his new amazing armour and Nad, the greatest sword of all time. The ruins were somehow sealed and impossible to enter after this point.

Things progressed quickly from this point, as no small party of men could overcome Cynric with his new gear, he gained renown swiftly. During those early battles it seemed that Cynric would run into battle and exhaust himself before even the fighting began, that was bloody annoying and Cynric felt that it made zero sense that he had no provision to walk when he was not fighting, how can a man not walk? Why must he always run even in heavy gear? Cynric would later learn the message of his forebears, if he were to focus on far-distant terrain as if he were tracking or aiming a bow, he automatically walks, he could abuse this trick to walk towards his foes and conserve stamina, even though it was bloody awkward and looked terrible and he'd much prefer to simply choose when to walk.

With battle-won renown Cynric swore fealty to the uninteresting King of Mercia, Cynric supposed he should learn this man's name but decided he was unlikely to ever run into him again on campaign or see this man ever do anything interesting for his realm... he has not yet had cause to regret this decision. He won the fief of Lundenham South as his liege was generous, and that land had just been raided by the welsh despite being noone close to the border. Cynric could not help but suppose these lands were raided commonly, and would continue to be raided weekly in this fashion. He was right, and never a penning did he collect from those lands.

At a local feast Cynric sought the lords of Mercia and asked permission to recruit from their lands, cutting a long story short Cynric built a mighty army with his funds by also recruiting from local taverns, and he realized his force could make great slaughter of the Welsh parties he encountered. As he slew Welshmen he grew bolder, selling loot and battle-trophies and slaves to gather riches he grew in power, tempered Nab at a master smith in either Cirrenceaster or Cippanham, one of the two. He collected companions with interesting skills and personalities and names that are incredibly memorable even to this day... er.... one of them was called Beda, i remember that one well because it's a bit like Bede.

At Din Bran Cynric looked to retaliate against the Welsh, he could take their lands and this would make Mercia prosper. However, after he had assailed the walls and taken heavy losses in the process, at the moment that the garrison crumbled a madness awoke in Cynric. He was a goodly Christian and fine man of God and he sought only peace and prosperity for his people as an end-goal, but something in his very blood awoke at that moment, a mad desire to butcher the Welsh dogs who had raided Mercian borders for centuries. He entered a mini-game whereby he could run around butchering defenseless welshmen, and he loved it. The fort lay in ruins, no Mercian flag above it's ramparts, as it seemed sacking a fort somehow meant that the victors did not hold the walls anymore, a mysterious 200 welshmen appeared out of nowhere and garrisoned the walls once-more. Cynric mused after his first siege that if he had not butchered every last person in that fort, somehow 200 men would not have appeared, but by killing them all somehow more men appeared.

Cyrnic continued to fight and in the future conquer Welsh lands and even 2 towns off Gwynned, he became unstoppable on the open field despite playing on what felt like life's hardest settings. He went on minor quests in the north, he slew some vikings who were raiding farmland, to his excitement he looted 3 pieces of impressive armour from them, but mysteriously they disappeared immediately after entering his inventory. He killed some Vikings by a stone row in far northern lands, the cruel bastards were keeping and selling slaves! Cynric thought nothing of the fact that this was an industry he was thoroughly involved in himself. He gave grain to an old Roman at Hadrian's wall and got his son as a follower, however Ciao soon revealed that he was a whiny little ***** and that he was a pagan, so Cynric stripped him of his gear and ousted him from his company.

He explored the Stone Circle of Wales and was struck by how much the scene seemed to resemble Avebury of Mercian-Wessex territory, however such a feature in it's accurate location would have been too close to existing features on the map. Cynric found an old druid practicing human sacrifice! Cyrnic was so disgusted by this behavior when he saw the Welsh pagan druid preparing to kill a Christian Saxon that he felt his sword-hand quiver, his blood boil and his eyes cloud with fury (he had proven a bezerker in battle before), and he said ''Eurgh, go away'' and walked off. Again Cynric found it strange that in a situation where it clearly made sense for him to take military action to free that Saxon prisoner from his fate, that mysteriously he was forced to say something non-committal and leave, God works in mysterious ways.

After speaking to various towns-folk Cynric decided he wanted a boat for basically no reason. The war with Wales was nearly done, their armies broken, much of their land Mercian now, and in the last year or so nobody had declared war on each other so nothing new was happening. Unless you count Northumbria declaring war on Cornwall a war, where neither side does anything. Cynric also mused on how Cornwall was clearly a seperate kingdom, yet it shared the same colour with Gwynned, and when Cyrnic visited their lands they acted as if he was at war with them, even though (and he checked thoroughly) no war existed between Mercia and these people.

The final battle:
    After obtaining his boat for no particular reason and talking to townsfolk of varying description, Cyrnic took a course to the east coast of East-Anglia. Strange inspiration took him, and he sailed up and down that stretch of coast several times, until.... WHAT!? A strange thing occurred, his party stopped on the water as if he had been met by a hostile force, yet none was in sight! It cut to a confrontation screen with a peculiar graphical glitch, after declaring he would fight to the end it cut to an immediate victory screen and gave him the option to take the peculiar glitch as prisoner, Cynric deigned not to catch it but let it go. Most unusually after this encounter Cynric noted that the 6th item in his inventory, an ancient nordic helm, had been duplicated to fill all inventory slots, which in this case was a lot!

Though it was against his better judgement, Cynric reloaded to his last save and attempted this maneuver up and down the coast again, this time putting a horse in the 6th slot of his inventory. Lo and behold he encountered the strange graphical thingy again, but this time he did take it prisoner and catch it. He was going to check his inventory to see if the horse had duplicated but his game crashed. When he restarted the game he found every save file had been corrupted. Thus ended the tale of Cyrnic and the Ancient Nameless Terror.

The moral of the story is, if on your travels you ever encounter a creature that matches this likeness, never catch it!
Top Bottom