• The forum has been updated. For an explanation of some of the changes, head over here.

Search results

1. Meevar the Mighty

Improve your bloody grammar!

If anyone is interested, would appreciate someone with a decent grasp of English proofreading my motivational letter to a uni in exchange for a steam game.

What I can tell you, free of charge, is that your sentence doesn't clearly articulate whether it's you or the proofreader who gets the Steam game out of this racket.
  2. Meevar the Mighty

Want his daughter found quest issue!

It happens if you steal her clothes.
  3. Meevar the Mighty

Are viruses alive?

I stopped reading when the rockism reared its ugly head.
  4. Meevar the Mighty

In Progress Game wont start

Still can't run the launcher... which means no multi and no mods. I've been making a bunch of custom banners, but I can't test them, since I need a mod to paste them into the editor now. Feels a bit silly that I can run the game with full settings, max battles and no stutter, yet the simple launcher window somehow can't launch itself.
  5. Meevar the Mighty

Official 3D art thread!

Can a cat's tail bend like that? It looks very uncomfortable to me.

Really like the glass and the windowsill though. The candle's spot on too.
  6. Meevar the Mighty

How do children get skills.

1. Start a new game.
    2. Make note of the ages your character is when they make the decisions, to help the blacksmith or run away on a horse, for example.
    3. Return to original playthrough.
    4. Make sure your children are offered the same opportunities at those ages.
    Note: for this to work, the mother and her partner must have selected a role from among the viable options (must be the same role for both) at the time of birth. Neither may diverge from this role until the child has left home and become independent.
  7. Meevar the Mighty

What is thy favorite fruit?

Most may not, but who's to know that's not a kale-amateur's decision? We don't have to align with the pack choice.

- Every angiosperm produces fruit
    - Lettuce is an angiosperm
    - What is the fruit of a lettuce if not lettuce?

Lettuce not disqualeafy it.
  8. Meevar the Mighty

Help! How to name horses?!! All horse info needed!

I found how to see enemy party speed! You can simply hover over their party. The same can be done for your own party, as well as in detail by expanding the tools on the lower right.

This hovering doesn't work if there's a settlement name in the way, which there probably was when I'd tried it previously.
  9. Meevar the Mighty

Help! How to name horses?!! All horse info needed!

Hello kind reader(s), I remember seeing that we can name horses in this game, but they changed (for the worse) the inventory UI so that the horses take a back seat ( :evil: ) and now I can't find how to name them. I have encountered named horses as tournament prizes but there has been no horse...
  10. Meevar the Mighty

I had the problem on Windows 7 with Could not load file or assembly 'TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.ViewModelCollection, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. error in logs. Bannerlord.exe would do nothing, Bannerlord.native.exe would show cursor and a screen for a few seconds then crash with no error presented.

Solution that worked for me: From the main bannerlord directory, zip the bin directory, right click the zip, properties, and choose 'unblock' if it's present (if its not there just proceed), then extract the zip in place and overwrite the files (i used winrar for this). then do the same for
    Code:
    Modules\CustomBattle\bin
    Modules\Native\bin
    Modules\Sandbox\bin
    Modules\StoryMode\bin

What I mean by zipping/unzipping: https://i.imgur.com/oJyWheT.mp4

The problem is that for some reason the drive I have it installed on, .NET thinks it's a remote / untrusted source so none of the assemblies load due to security policy. These assemblies need to be unblocked before they will be loaded, you can right click an individual dll and choose unblock. Zipping and unzipping, as described above, removes the block on multiple files easily.

Devs could possibly fix this by changing Assembly.LoadFrom to Assembly.UnsafeLoadFrom in the submodule loader and the library Starter. Also devs if you're reading... this was annoying to debug because you have a Console.ReadKey in your exception handler which itself throws an exception (due to redirected stdio) so the original useful error message about loading remote sources gets lost and never logged.

There was no "unblock", but I put it all in a .rar and extracted it. While the other .exes still crash, the Bannerlord.Native.exe has launched and I'm starting a campaign. I guess that did it?

Thanks! =)

I'm afraid to ever close the game in case it was a fluke, but still, hurrah!
  11. Meevar the Mighty

Irony Punctuation

Irony doesn't require any kind of tone or special signalling to convey. If the irony isn't self evident, then it's not very ironic.
  12. Meevar the Mighty

What is thy favorite fruit?

I can't vote in good conscience until "Peach" is a standalone option. Why aren't apples and oranges one option? Pffft.

I probably really would go to hell if I unjustly enabled nectarines.
  13. Meevar the Mighty

Thanks for your input. Can you please check this folder "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\logs"? ProgramData may be hidden by default so you may need to enable "Show Hidden Files/Folders" through the Folder Options menu.

Build Version: 223799
    [ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.

Could not load file or assembly 'TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.ViewModelCollection, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <f9a20586108e4249b7275ba8971ca7ee>:0

at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.CollectModuleAssemblyTypes (System.Reflection.Assembly moduleAssembly) [0x00006] in <6de2fb9dcbfd4e57b15d7d0cf628df00>:0

at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.AddSubModule (System.Reflection.Assembly subModuleAssembly, System.String name) [0x00015] in <6de2fb9dcbfd4e57b15d7d0cf628df00>:0

at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.LoadSubModules () [0x00198] in <6de2fb9dcbfd4e57b15d7d0cf628df00>:0

at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.Initialize () [0x00033] in <6de2fb9dcbfd4e57b15d7d0cf628df00>:0

at ManagedCallbacks.CoreCallbacksGenerated.Module_Initialize (System.Int32 thisPointer) [0x00006] in <ceca20c21e0b49e9b627f2e1f6b47b3f>:0

at (wrapper native-to-managed) ManagedCallbacks.CoreCallbacksGenerated.Module_Initialize(int)

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.ViewModelCollection, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

Here is my file:

File name: 'TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.ViewModelCollection, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

I tried this: Bannerlord.exe /singleplayer _MODULES_*Native*SandBoxCore*CustomBattle*Sandbox*StoryMode*_MODULES_ /anticheat

But it didn't help either.

I haven't been able to run the game or launcher at all. I get an immediate crash with no error, unless I launch from Bannerlord.Native.exe, in which case I get a few seconds of loading screen, then the same ctd with no error.
  14. Meevar the Mighty

TW will have to fix the issues at some stage, but we're in the first week of early access. These potential user fixes don't fix the problems, they just skirt around them.

I've never had to refund a Steam game and I'm not about to, because I'm confident TW will get on top of it eventually. It's not always going to be a buggy early access game.

You shouldn't need to buy a new hard drive or reinstall your OS if your PC is otherwise working fine. Patience should do it.
  15. Meevar the Mighty

If 'entertainer' is a rank 1 rhyme to 'sinner', then I can sure as hell rhyme with killer :lol:

You may but you can not. :razz:
  16. Meevar the Mighty

Yes, I now feel as though I now know more than I could ever dream of about Mr. Bruno or whoever it was (probably had an "s" in it, or was he a charlatan?).

Interesting. Indeed, I barely noticed those two seven syllable lines, maybe because, as you say, the last syllable is unstressed, so personally, idk that I'd really bother changing them, I just pointed them out so you could decide for yourself. They still make sense, but the meaning is slightly changed.

That "ranks of rhyme" page though... if you ask me, 13 out of the 19 "rank 1 rhymes" simply do not rhyme at all... so rank 3? Gotta laugh!

I kind of miss the simple days when this thread was the domain of cold, hard grammatical truths. This spoken word stuff seems like a Pandora's box of tilt, as there are so many pretenders to the language, who tragically were not trapped in a room with only Julie Andrews films to keep them sane for their formative years and as a result, haven't the faintest idea how the language should be voiced, nor how to behave when they're blessed with that information by someone who blimming well does know.
  17. Meevar the Mighty

They had a sticky dedicated to the issue before they even made that thread.

See the "In Progress" at the top left? They are clearly working on this issue. They just for some reason forgot to add it to the new thread.
  18. Meevar the Mighty

Character creation returns very similar looking characters. No enough phenotypes. Is this going to be expanded?

This sounds terrible. I can't play yet because the game crashes at launch, hopefully they will fix the face generator before they fix that.

In the video where they showed Arnold Schwarzenegger, Vin Diesel, Kylo Ren and so on, it appeared to be pretty robust. Has it been nerfed since then?
  19. Meevar the Mighty

u g l y

I hate it.
    Because I'm just dying to give useful feedback and I'm still not in the beta, I've got to say, this is the ugliest forum I've ever seen, other than the Steam forums, which I thought I'd accidentally been ambushed by. Black and blue... about as classy as a budget nightclub toilet block.

I'm using the light theme now, which is less offensive, but the wasted space at the sides also makes me feel sick and I feel threatened by the buttons at the top.

Is it possible with this forum to find out who voted "possibly" and maroon then here when we go back to the Taleworlds forum?
Top Bottom