Search results for query: *

1. Just how big is the world map?

I'm not sure how much land area Calradia and the surrounding environs cover. I managed to ride across it in two days with a party of 100 in the 4.1 version, so that would be maybe 40 square miles, going by the average army speed of 20 miles a day. Has anyone else tried to calculate how big it...
  2. SWORD OF DAMOCLES - GOLD - V4.5 BETA DOWNLOAD

I'm still getting a pretty good download speed. Ought to be done in about 45 minutes.
  3. SWORD OF DAMOCLES - GOLD - V4.5 BETA DOWNLOAD

vonmistont said:
    pedrinbr said:
    haha, mb-repository is going down for sure...
    vonmistont, why don't you share the mod via torrent, due to the amount of people eagerly waiting for it?
    Hehe. Well I will upload it also on moddb and rapidshare that's enough I think.

85%

Will you include links to ModDB and Rapidshare once they're up?
  4. SWORD OF DAMOCLES - GOLD - V4.5 BETA DOWNLOAD

I can't wait to conquer Calradia, and make it the core of a larger empire. I think it's just amazing how much the modders have been able to change the game. The vanilla game is a bit bare bones, but the original designers should be given credit for making something able to support mods like this.
  5. SWORD OF DAMOCLES - GOLD - V4.5 BETA DOWNLOAD

mcbeverage101 said:
    Setzer said:
    Like the guy who asked for a mod "wer U lik play az ganztaz and shoot mofos and stuf" Guy needed to learn to spell.

You mean this guy?
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,50345.msg1300951.html#msg1300951

Can't quote it because it's a locked topic, but you get the idea.

"Topic: hay  (Read 2828 times)hay wud up guys u shud mak a mod about lyk stuff i dunno wut but itwuld b kool lyk mabe gangstas were u start ur gang n fite mofos huh"

Although if you think about it, that's largely what feudalism was. You'd have powerful leaders and their gangs fighting over land and wealth. So he didn't need a mod for it anyway.
  6. SWORD OF DAMOCLES - GOLD - V4.5 BETA DOWNLOAD

Like the guy who asked for a mod "wer U lik play az ganztaz and shoot mofos and stuf" Guy needed to learn to spell.
  7. SWORD OF DAMOCLES - GOLD - V4.5 BETA DOWNLOAD

I think Rupert Giles said it best on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. "I don't see why a nation that prides itself on its virility feels the need to strap on 20 pounds of protective gear just to play Rugby."

Sports don't really interest me. I'd like to see the Naumachiae. They flood the Colosseum and then have a real ship fight.
  8. Props, weapons, armor: make a request

Can anyone make an oval shield that displays your coat of arms? All the ones I've found have set textures.
  9. V4 Gold (v4.5) ALPHA RELEASED FOR TESTING! HELP US TEST LAWS!

Do you have permission to use the Hegemony series items? Only I think they'd fit the Legion a lot better.
  10. V4 Gold (v4.5) ALPHA RELEASED FOR TESTING! HELP US TEST LAWS!

kavien said:
    Unless it's already been suggested, might I suggest Custom troops?
    like the ones in the old Band of Warriors mods, so that players can truly have their own, unique kingdom with unique troops.

by the way, A++ work, magnificent.

Even if this has already been mentioned, I still want to second it. Custom troops are so many different kinds of awesome that it's probably one of the only ways this mod could be any cooler.
  11. [V4.5] Coming Soon (alpha released)

the X is derived from a Greek symbol called the Chi-Ro, which was the first two letters of Jesus' name in Greek. It kinda looks like a P and X put together. So it's not cutting Jesus out, it's more like a shortcut.
  12. Creating Custom Lords

I had a few friends I wanted to add to the game. While I can use the troop editor to change their name and equipment, how do I change their faces? I know the system isn't perfect but I'd want them to at least look like the people they're modelled on.
  13. [Development] - Suggestions, Brainstorming Thread for V5

If you've got an opportunity to shield bash someone, they're probably too close for a bowshot.
  14. [Development] - Suggestions, Brainstorming Thread for V5

I have an idea with regards to a Kingdom management option.

Basically, you can choose to have a traveling bureaucracy or a static capital. Basically, you can pick a capital and have that city or castle be the center of your kingdom. Having a centralized government gives you more tax income, and a renown bonus from the glamor of court life. However, it costs money to create a capital, and if you lose the capital to an enemy, you suffer halved income and cannot upgrade your troops until you designate a new capital.

With a traveling bureaucracy you can talk to your marshal, treasurer, and chancellor anywhere, but make less money and accumulate no extra renown. Also, you can administer your empire from wherever you happen to be at the time,
  15. [Development] - Suggestions, Brainstorming Thread for V5

One thing I liked from older versions of mount and blade was that each Kingdom's info screen told you how many men they had overall. Can we find a way to bring that back, and include a similar feature for our own kingdom? If we wanted to tweak things so the armies were larger, it would be a good quick way to tell if the changes worked.
  16. Final V4 Released !!! FINAL SPECIAL FEATURE RELEASED (01 Feb 2009)

Vonmistont, you're awesome. Everyone who contributed bits to this mod is awesome. I'm downloading it now. You've made an amazing mod, and I should know, I've played quite a few.
  17. Final V4 Released !!! FINAL SPECIAL FEATURE RELEASED (01 Feb 2009)

Well, for the jester, I do remember one joke from the Roman era.

"A rich man was out sailing when his vessel was caught in a storm. His slaves feared the ship might founder, so to raise their spirits, the rich man said "Don't worry! I've freed you all in my will!"
  18. New Buildings - Description and Ideas

I asked a friend about monasteries, and he said they often had tons of cash. People would give them land and money in exchange for prayers for their soul. The stuff built up over the years. I think we could factor that into the game somehow. Say, if a completed monastery meant that a village gave more gold when looted.

Also, what if there were opposing religions among the other Calradian nations. Say, if Swadia worshipped the Old gods and you worshipped the One, it would make you look better in the eyes of your religion if you were to punish these heathens. Conversely, some nations could share your religion, and your honor would take a huge hit because of you waging war on the faithful.
  19. Game Features - Ideas and Discussion

I do think Lords need to be made more obedient in campaigns. I was trying to besiege a castle, and my lords kept running off to chase Caravans. I was besieging a castle near Rivacheg, and he chased a caravan all the way out to Khudan. In mount and blade, the lords always seemed such cowards, no matter what the version. They'd much rather loot villages and caravans then actually fight a war.
  20. Game Features - Ideas and Discussion

I think that the new land you go to conquer should be the Empire that sent the invading Legion in the first place. Show them once and for all that they ****ed with the wrong Monarch!
Back
Top Bottom