Search results

1. Swyter

Unsolved [Game bug] Custom fonts/flora/races, and more generally Data folder overrides, are broken in the macOS version of Warband

This is a bug that has been causing trouble for multiple mods with custom fonts, like e.g. The Last Days of the Third Age, for a while. While TaleWorlds has improved the macOS port along the years, and added 64-bit support, we still need to have a manual install guide with extra steps only for...
  2. Swyter

B Tutorial Presentation Easily create your own in-game fonts — step by step, /w pictures

Create your own Mount&Blade Fonts like a pro. Feedback appreciated. This is going to be short and sweet. Stuff you are going to need: [+] Angelcode's BMFont which you can obtain from here. [+] A relatively decent web browser pointed to http://swyter.bitbucket.io. [+] A bitmap editor like...
  3. Swyter

[msys compile-time addition] Find and fix conflicting gamemenu item references

Just a quick one, probably not a problem per-se for modders, more for translators fighting with lazy codebases having to forcefully include ugly, incompatible txt patches to differentiate menu items, as in the case of TLD. When you add new entries to your menus your coder probably copy-pastes...
  4. Swyter

{Solution} How to alter the hardcoded text colors without engine recompiles

After like three years and a half today I found out how to alter the hard-coded menu text colors. As I'd like to know how to do it in any other parallel universe, here I leave the snippet for general enjoyment. This is a modified version of the Mount&Blade 1.011 bitmap text pixel shader. I...
  5. Swyter

swysdk — you were waiting for it

[tt]                                                                  __________________________________   ╱ ___              ____ ____    __ ╲ V 1.153   ╲ ╲__ ╲  ╲  ╲ ╲__╲ ╲__  ╲  ╲ ╲/__  ╲   ╲ __╲ ╲ _╲ _╲ ___╲  __╲ ╲__/  ╲  ╲  ╲     ╲__________________________________╱   [the enhancement...
  6. Swyter

Mount&Blade Module Translation Platform — Suggestions & Needs

I've been thinking about cool things I could easily do for the community, one big problem I've seen as a Spaniard is the lack of organization in translations for this game... There's no central hub where translations are collaboratively made. A place where you can add a new project (mod)...
  7. Swyter

SP Tutorial Other How to get to work almost every 1.011 mod in warband — in very few steps

So don't worry. I'm going to keep it that simple... ;) 1st — Add costumes_a.brf, the only resource from the original game missing in Warband       Later paste it right away on \CommonRes. 2nd — Grab actions.txt from your \Modules\Native folder. And overwrite the one in your mod. Fine. 3rd...
  8. Swyter

Public domain images and textures | Various repositories

Just found some sites for getting quality textures and references. They're scarce. Thought that may be useful resources for our cool new modelers. Hope you like them. -Public domain: That means you can do with the photos whatever you want. No credit required. You can remix, copy or...
  9. Swyter

B Info Module System List of Hardcoded Stuff | Reference

Just discovered some cool stuff that cannot be changed. I had this already in my hard disk, it looked interesting so instead of getting lost I decided to share it with you. I've added further descriptions and ordered everything a little. This might be useful for knowing what resources are...
  10. Swyter

Mount&Blade Cartographer | Just my own spin-off...

[anchor=main_cartographer_page]     __________________________________________________________   / __  ___  ___ ____ ___  ___  ___  ___  __        ___  ___ \   / /  /_ / /__/  /  /  / / _  /__/ /__/ /__/ /__/ /__  /__/ / / /__ /  / / \  /  /__/ /__/ / \  /  / /    /  / /__  / \  /...
  11. Swyter

Fourth Taleworlds Game - found something hidden in the official web

Just discovered something between the Taleworlds JavaScript, mirrored here: If this post gets deleted you know it's true. var Games = { "NULL": 0, "MountAndBlade": 1, "Warband": 2, "Ogniem": 3, "Renfest":4 }; http://www.taleworlds.com/main.aspx?dir=renfest.aspx...
  12. Swyter

Reconstructing With Fire and Sword's Module System -- My new hobby :)

Hey there, mates. Some time ago (three weeks?) I had a talk with Comrade Temuzu about sound flags in the Mount & Blade Mod Makers Q&A Thread. Back then, I did a fast program to check the flag usage and almost without intending, ended with a complete reversed version of the Ogniem i Mieczem's...
  13. Swyter

Minor Badge adjustments...

Hey there... seeing that some good folks over here have bought the newer mod expansion game. I took the liberty of redesigning the cropped shadow thing which is hurting my eyes when I'm happily navigating over here. *fun intended* It should be easy to replace. Here I leave you with a cute...
  14. Swyter

News for the Mount&Blade modding scene...

There are some good news for us modders that surely may want to know: Accepted: The next TaleWorlds game will include further race skeletons and animations system. http://bugs.taleworlds.com/edit_bug.aspx?id=2431 The DesuraNet Team (makers of Indie DB and Mod DB) confirmed me is working...
  15. Swyter

[The Command Database] Modding Resource for the Masses

Mount&Blade         Command Database                                 Powered by the Mighty OLL Clan Main | Changelog | Top Contributors | Notepad++ Syntax [powered] | Go to The Forge | Log In Introduction: As Theoris disapeared without notice I suppose now I'm in charge of the...
  16. Swyter

Maybe a [Youtube] tag?

Only a simple suggestion, as always? What about adding a [color=navy] tag so our fellow modders can post their trailers and previews? Otherwise you can re-enable the [color=navy] tag. Maybe others use them for embedding games.  But I could use it for adding a Star Wars Conquest registering...
  17. Swyter

Request for an Official TaleWorlds Wiki - Post here to Sign the Idea

The Idea: Hey there people. After seeing along the years what here in the Forge are asked continuously the same topics I thought the following: Basic Advantages: [size=12pt] Useful Starting guide for newcomers. Everything done by the registered users of the forum. Guest read only. Documented...
  18. Swyter

Request for an Official TaleWorlds Wiki - Post here to Sign the Idea

The Idea: Hey there people. After seeing along the years what here in the Forge are asked continuously the same topics I thought the following: Basic Advantages: [size=12pt] Useful Starting guide for newcomers. Everything done by the registered users of the forum. Guest read only. Documented...
  19. Swyter

B Info Presentation Discovering the Mount&Blade Fonts, Design, Logos and UI - Downloadable Inside

Hi there, since I was making my first tools for this game. I had always a question in mind: What font the game uses? You know, the typical and million times seen medieval typeface. Always referenced as 'Native font', 'the old one' and such... So today I posted a request in the proper section...
  20. Swyter

Mount&Blade Font Customiser Lite | By Swyter

▧What is that?     Following with my personal tools releasing campaign, this time I'm publishing a tool that generates valid charset recreation for existing M&B fonts.           ▧Why I should use it?       That's it, a program that makes a texture template from an existing font_data.xml, so...