Search results

1. koteko

Number of Companions

They continue to generate, and also I believe you need to visit the city to have them in the Encyclopedia. Be that as it may, I got my first Engineer yesterday :P
  2. koteko

Pagan anglo-saxon playthrough?

Excellent reply! Thank you! :)
  3. koteko

Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Thanks, that confirms my suspicions. And what if you are not playing vanilla? :D do you know of any mod improving stabbing animations and/or AI?
  4. koteko

Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Anyone having troubles with using short stabbing swords? I find I'm only good with swords (>80 range) or any axe (eg, slashing). Am I just bad at this game or are seaxes harder to be proficient with than slashing weapons? Any advice?
  5. koteko

Pagan anglo-saxon playthrough?

After having finished the game as pagan siding with norse as well as christian siding with anglo-saxon, I'm wondering about what happens with "weird" combinations, in particular pagan siding with anglo-saxons (Uthred for the win). I know that raiding monasteries would pretty much make it...
  6. koteko

Only 1 Holmgang after the Thing?

Not sure how much you know about the story, so spoilers ahead.. Short, non-spoilery answer: you should be able to duel Egil to death later on.
  7. koteko

Trading

You need a high trade skill, but it works for me. I think it even worked in Native? It just tells how much would that product sell in another city (I think without taking skill and other factors into account but I'm not sure). If you wait too long, it won't be accurate anymore though.
  8. koteko

Starting choices effects on stats

This is great! Thanks to the original poster, even if it was some time ago. Does anyone know if this still applies to the latest version?
  9. koteko

Warband in Linux

Have you tried some heavy mod like VC or Brythenwalda? Does it crash often?
  10. koteko

MAC and Linux users report your problems here

Yes it is, sadly. This causes quite a lot of crashes for many of us Linux users (some memory leak they haven't fixed yet), especially with big mods like Viking Conquest.
  11. koteko

Ok then, create a different one with this instead: #!/bin/sh STEAM_RT="${HOME}/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386" PROGRAM_DIRECTORY="`dirname "$0"`" export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${STEAM_RT}/lib/i386-linux-gnu:${STEAM_RT}/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu:${PROGRAM_DIRECTORY}"...
  12. koteko

Ah, I think I know what's going on - I had the same problem and forgotten. Steam includes some libraries which the binary doesn't access when run from the command line. Put this in a text file (I called it mb_warband.sh), in the same directory where mb_warband_linux is: #!/bin/sh...
  13. koteko

Just type in the terminal: echo "Viking Conquest" > ~/.mbwarband/last_module_warband Then run mb_warband.sh, it should work.
  14. koteko

Just open the file "~/.mbwarband/last_module_warband" and write inside Viking Conquest. Your problem (failing to open the configuration window) seems to be related to your Qt library version, but it's hard to say from here.
  15. koteko

Diplomacy for 1.174

Thanks, will do. In any case, mine is a new game with the latest version, not an old save.
  16. koteko

Diplomacy for 1.174

I have at least a King and a Lord stuck in a city with army size of 1. Any suggestions? :P
  17. koteko

Diplomacy for 1.174

First, thanks! This is a great Diplomacy revamping :) Then a suggestion: why not change the stats in the following way: Persuasion: CHA Inventory management: STR (if it was possible, I'd have said party skill and leave it INT, but it's not possible, it's hardcoded) I always find it annoying...
  18. koteko

SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Is there a strategy guide available? I've gone around doing quests and making some money, but now I don't know whether to join a faction or start my own kingdom to maximise the "role-play potential". Would I lose any content if I run for king?
  19. koteko

Any news about this memory leak? http://steamcommunity.com/app/48700/discussions/0/45350791459137130/#c520518688946448235
  20. koteko

[Reforged Beta] Mules utility

Oh well  :D any chance the foraging will be looked into, then? I'd be happy to pay good gold to not have to carry that much food around with me :/