Search results

1. Jec94227

General Roleplaying Banter

So I managed to get people interested in a Call of Cthulhu game set in our city. Should be a fun romp, and if it's not at least we'll have beer.
  2. Jec94227

Caravan of Courage: OOC

Huzzah and all that.
  3. Jec94227

Caravan of Courage: OOC

I had this irresistible urge to write up a character sheet. Here it is:
  4. Jec94227

The Duck and Spackle Bar Mk. II

The door opens once again. The hinges squeal in protest, and it seems as though a thick layer of dust covers everything. Still, a cursory glance tells the newcomer that there is still booze in the back. Good drinks too, though it might take a bit of looking to get the best ones. An eyebrow...
  5. Jec94227

The Best, the Brightest, and the Rest- an X-Com interactive AAR

Oh I'm only a couple missions in, there's bound to be some doom, gloom and giblets sooner or later.
  6. Jec94227

Operation Severed Druid So it's been a quiet few days at base, mostly been spent getting everyone organised and ready to go. Doctor Vahlen began tearing apart enemy technology scraps with a joy and efficiency that makes me pity any alien we manage to capture alive. Shen on the other hand has...
  7. Jec94227

Hooray, volunteers! You'll be sent to the front with next to no training, since your obvious morale makes up for that. Also, no Long War, just vanilla.
  8. Jec94227

Operation Crimson Heart So it turns out the African Unions desperation to have me base X-Com in their country was due to the presence of aliens in South Africa. I thought they meant something completely different but after the delegates showed me a picture I realised they weren't just being...
  9. Jec94227

From humble beginnings shall greatness emerge So this X-Com project started when astronomer-types noticed something heading for earth. They figured it was an asteroid or something, shrugged and went back to whatever it is they do. Their calm demeanor ended the instant this object changed course...
  10. Jec94227

Brave citizens of Earth! We have come under threat from the least expected direction- up! Now, I know there have been some problems with everyone in the world co-operating, but this new and dangerous incursion has encouraged everyone to work together, and save humanity from this alien menace...
  11. Jec94227

Wheel of Time

I think my favorite part of that book was
  12. Jec94227

Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Well the developer's/publisher's on board with this, so that might be why there's a sudden lack of C&Ds
  13. Jec94227

Star Wars: Battlefront (III)

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say not very.
  14. Jec94227

Europa Universalis IV released!

Terrain maybe. Or you just get super ****ty rolls in combat.
  15. Jec94227

Wheel of Time

I think the best part of ToM was the Tower of Ghenjei sequence. I kept wishing that Sanderson had dropped in bits about Olver playing Snakes and Foxes into the narrative while Mat and Co. were going through the tower, and have Olver winning coincide with Mat's escape to finish off the chapter.
  16. Jec94227

Wheel of Time

Just finished the series! I really enjoyed Memory of Light, though the ending kind of felt like a cop out.
  17. Jec94227

Oh. Well now I feel like an idiot. Had a game with a friend earlier, we decided to do custom nations. It started out really well, I made my serious nation, he made his. Then we started adding in some others, just for fun. All well thought out nations. Then I got bored and asked wherabouts Utah...
  18. Jec94227

I like it for the most part. I miss manual exploration but the ships not suffering from attrition while on exploration missions is a fair enough trade-off so I'm not too bothered. My first custom nation was in the Caribbean with western tech, which felt almost like cheating. I had to have a...
  19. Jec94227

So I just finished a game as Portugal, doing something a bit different from what I normally do, focusing on trade and having colonization as an actual focus rather than a sideshow. Wound up owning just about all of South and Central America, as well as various chunks around the world. In the...
  20. Jec94227

What be on yer noggin?

Someone brought that kid up right! No filthy separatist thoughts cloud the pure innocent mind of a child! EDIT: Wait, ****. It was a French-Canadian patriotic poem.