Search results

1. Lord Bryggan

Has the Dev team ever played M&B or Warband mods?

I find it baffling. Mount and Blade was a fan favourite right from the beginning. A hero thrust into the middle of a giant civil war where their decisions mattered so much (once they got strong, which was a fun adventure in itself). So, what happened? Armagan built a game that was down right...
  2. Lord Bryggan

Mod combos

I think it's time to try a new SP game, and I know some of you out there are trying out every mod, and mixing and matching them for the best possible game. So, if you'd care to share your mod combo success stories, I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate it. PS. It would be nice if someone...
  3. Lord Bryggan

When do we get Mods?

I do appreciate all the work Taleworlds has done, having played pretty much non-stop since Zendar. Ah, Zendar! Back then the Devs (like all 4 of them) listened to the community. And they made an awesome game (Mount & Blade), and an even awesomer follow up (Warband). In the early days you...
  4. Lord Bryggan

I can't do it. Combat is too wierd

I'm sorry, I keep trying, but I can't figure out the multi player combat. I've never been a great gamer, but in Warband I was just twitchy enough to become a mediocre player. Every thing in it seemed intuitive, and the only thing slowing me down was my reactions. Being a bit of an older gent...
  5. Lord Bryggan

How are you guys commanding large battles?

I would like to use some advanced tactics but I find it impossible. I can't micromanage each division, especially cavalry or HA since I have to watch them all the time. I wish I could give orders like the AI generals do (protect the left flank, skirmish etc). Once I try using more than three...
  6. Lord Bryggan

Improvements I've seen

So I gave up on starting my own kingdom since all I was doing was running back and forth paying enemies not to siege my few castles, plus concern over save files not being compatible with any new patches, and went to support Rhagaea on a new game. I had a good start. By slaughtering countless...
  7. Lord Bryggan

We need a Vet server

I understand that the horrible slowness of the current servers is to help stop the skill gap between vets and noobs... and yeah, i understand the importance of that. I tried many times and bought many keys to try get buds to play Warband, but they all quit when they got wrekt. But, while we...
  8. Lord Bryggan

Shield walls and choke points in Captain mode.

I just discovered that a small but highly armoured troop cannot hold a choke point for more than 7 seconds against numerically superior forces. I thought I could easily buy time for my buddies to circle around and attack their rear, but instead the enemy quickly wrecked me, then turned around...
  9. Lord Bryggan

Only 4 divisions?

Am I missing something here, or is it just Ranged, Cav, Infantry and HA now? In warband we could divide our armies up into several different divisions, which was one of the best improvements over Mount and Blade. I want to be able to move different troops to different areas. Like use my heavy...
  10. Lord Bryggan

Making Uber-companions

Hi, I altered a bunch of companions for the Hordelands, but I only figured out how to change their names and their strength and agility.  I raised their stats through time, and now they all have 10 power strike/draw etc, and high proficiencies.  Well, the thing is is that Hordelands has an...
  11. Lord Bryggan

Do you like the idea of 'respawning' in Warband?

I think once you die, you should stay dead.  This will increase the 'fear factor', which is a little more real.  Then we will see both heros and cowards, more concentration on teamwork, and a lot of emphasis on strategy.  I would also like to add that cowards should not be bashed, unless they...
  12. Lord Bryggan

This would be the simplest mod (I think- I'm kinda dumb)

If I wasn't such a philistine concerning PCs, I thought I'd make the simplest modification in the world to Rhodocks and Nords.  I want to get rid of Nordic range and replace them with infantry, plus add a cavalry wing which would be made up of infantry.  This would give me the chance to make 3...
  13. Lord Bryggan

Mounted infantry

I am tired of not being able to catch small raiding parties with my nords.  I believe it is historically accurate that the Huscarls used horses for transportation, and were able to catch William at Hasting thanks to their horses.  The horses they used were not suitable for cavalry action, but...
  14. Lord Bryggan

What do you call them?

I tried search for a previous thread, but it was hard to narrow the search. I was thinking we have the names of the factions, but I'm not sure what to call them or the lands they live in.  I'm not sure the proper term for this (hence the search difficulty), so I'll give an example. Angles- are...