Search results for query: *

1. Remedius

The marshall can levy (read Ssteal") my troops?

When the Marshal says you need to produce a number of troops for a campaign, he means that your warband should contain at least that many in order to contribute to the campaign effectively - not that - when you report to him for service , he immediately steals those men for his own army!
  2. Remedius

Impossible to take castles?

That's all very heroic I'm sure, but why don't you just add a few more points to your leadership.

If you can't be patient for that then rebalance the army with much more sharp shooters. Tell them to hold and if you have shield equipped troops tell them to hold in front absorbing enemy fire.

SS will wipe away the defenders to a point where you are your sergeants can storm the breach more safely
  3. Remedius

Advice in Melee Combat when swarmed

Oh!

Ok - well if someone stumbles onto either thread looking for answers then they got one
  4. Remedius

Advice in Melee Combat when swarmed

Try backpeddling without zigzagging - if you have a shield  then that can soak up thier attacks. Mind out for obstacles behind you like trees. When you walk straight the enemy will repeat the same kind of attack allowing you time to time your counterstrikes - hopefully you are carrying a quick weapon to get quick strikes in. Turn into your attack to get your hits in first and always be ready to raise your shield even after a successful strike as the other enemies may have long weapons which can attack through the first guy. Direct your retreat toward friendly troops and pray the enemy dont have higher athletics than you.Think 300! Use your surroundings when you can. I know its not always possible. Take a lesson from the train peasants villlage mission - it teaches you to withdraw to a better defendable position - hedges and trees and other obstacles will cutout types of swing (ie tree on the left = no swings from the left) - this is significant because the computer ai still tries to swing through the obstacle and gets blocked - while you can just switch to jabs and overhead swings.
  5. Remedius

Need answers to some questions :)

Are you sure the vassals werent just slow to arrive?

Big lords can get in their heads that they can do better than follow the campaign or their priorities can keep them from joining ie if they have a personal grudge against the marshal or if they simply feel the need to raid a rivals lands.
  6. Remedius

Ordering troops to target specific enemies

Careful applied use of the f1 key will make a unit engage as it passes through other units - good for cavalry strikes but dependant on the commanders' position
  7. Remedius

How do I stop this INFURIATING thing?

Yip - stand closer 3-4 times will make them cluster on an enemy - you will see them ignore enemies occassionally but this is because they deem another enemy a higher priority.

Stand ground I think is the more combat/defence oriented - hold ground is more rigid - tho in both cases your men will charge out toward advancing enemies.
  8. Remedius

Need help on tactics in melee

Try backpeddling without zigzagging - if you have a shield  then that can soak up thier attacks. Mind out for obstacles behind you like trees. When you walk straight the enemy will repeat the same kind of attack allowing you time to time your counterstrikes - hopefully you are carrying a quick weapon to get quick strikes in. Turn into your attack to get your hits in first and always be ready to raise your shield even after a successful strike as the other enemies may have long weapons which can attack through the first guy. Direct your retreat toward friendly troops and pray the enemy dont have higher athletics than you.

Think 300! Use your surroundings when you can. I know its not always possible. Take a lesson from the train peasants villlage mission - it teaches you to withdraw to a better defendable position - hedges and trees and other obstacles will cutout types of swing (ie tree on the left = no swings from the left) - this is significant because the computer ai still tries to swing through the obstacle and gets blocked - while you can just switch to jabs and overhead swings.
  9. Remedius

Desktop crash in Taverns

Used to get that some time ago - try installing either the latest update or a precious one
  10. Remedius

You know you've been playing too much Warband when...

On honeymoon in Africa and see some bones freshly stripped by vultures and thinking - yeh but Klethi would've taken the marrow too
  11. Remedius

DarkShogun417 said:
    Remedius said:
    DarkShogun417 said:
    When you attempt to loot and pillage a walmart :twisted: :twisted:

Lol - very good

Bet you didnt have that big a warband did you? Mmm? Took ages didn't it? Mmm? Betcha gave up after a week - and wondered why you didn't bring a few Sumpters along with you - shortly before being arrested!
  12. Remedius

What are your biggest/funniest mistakes?

Becoming King and slowly making all your vassals hate you
  13. Remedius

DarkShogun417 said:
    When you attempt to loot and pillage a walmart :twisted: :twisted:

Lol - very good
  14. Remedius

What are your biggest/funniest mistakes?

Journeying across THE WHOLE of Calradia to find a lost companion only to find I had to increase my renown by twohundred to get them back.

Oh gad
  15. Remedius

The awesomeness of ranged troops

Huscarls have ranged axes

If controlled and used at the right time - deadly!

If your really good have them hold a loose formation to throw their axes and then pull them together tight for the impact of the charge.

Marksmen can deliver more damage quicker than xbows and master archers have a shorter range but an increadible rate of fire.
  16. Remedius

Can we get an ending?

Ok - I said this before somewhere else - but I'm sure I got a very good tip from a reliable source that there is a set of dormant code in the game for some such cutscene. I don't read game code so I can't verify - but I think it's there - I dont think it has been activated because it goes against the sandbox principle of the game.
  17. Remedius

One or Two Handed Mounted?

I had a spell where I had full plate with a lordly closed helm and a charger using a great sword - it was good times

I just put the two hand penalty out of my mind and started waterwheel ing - it's a bloody big sword and chops lovely and I don't need to change weapons when I get to a seige - I do acknowledge that the same can be said of the hgl axe and I suppose that is why it remains my defacto weapon on the ground or mounted and delivers some of the highest damage of any weapon.
  18. Remedius

Sarranid Campaigns

Just curious to know about others experiences - My fifth Warband Char is witnessing the same enormous Sarranid campaign armies that all my other chars have. It doesn't seem that the Sarranids strength as an empire has any bearing at all either. Most recently Hakim declared war upon my...
  19. Remedius

Screenshot: How the!?... moments

Boomer-ammers!

This thread sucks
Back
Top Bottom