Search results for query: *

1. Nightowl

SP Fantasy [WB] A Game of Thrones

tommylaw said:
    RobbSmithIII said:
    I'm all for hiding plot spoilers, but you gotta realize that most of the "spoilers" on here are from a book that's over a decade old. I sometimes forget that they are spoilers to some people  because I've been talking about it with my friends for 10 years, but I try to be considerate nonetheless. That being said, even as a 14 year old reading Storm for the first time I finished it before surfing the internet for stuff about it.
    I don't want to be an ass either, but you gotta be really careful on the internet, people have been spoiling this story for a long time...

This is the thread for a mod called "A Game of Thrones", not "ASOIAF", and in any case, there are threads for both book and TV series in another subforum, if people wanted story spoilers they'd go there. This is a mod thread, it's perfectly reasonable to come here without seeing story spoilers, but if you must insist, it doesnt take much time to make a spoiler tag like this:
    Quentyn Martell gets roasted!

That IS an actual spoiler btw, dont open that if you havent finished the book.

I was so close to opening that...
  2. Nightowl

Shimmler said:
    Nightowl said:
    I never played as a female, but I assume native has female armours? Would there be any issues with using the native female armours in the mod? Sure, they won't look as good as the hand crafted male armours you've been making but it would be more satisfactory for those wishing to play as a female character than having to wear men's equipment.
    Every piece of armor has only one model. So I guess you understand how much would it take to create a female equivalent of EVERY armor out there as somebody suggested.

I realize that, I fully understand your reasoning for not wanting to double your workload by making female armours. I was simply wondering whether or not the female armours from native could be used in the mod.
  3. Nightowl

I never played as a female, but I assume native has female armours? Would there be any issues with using the native female armours in the mod? Sure, they won't look as good as the hand crafted male armours you've been making but it would be more satisfactory for those wishing to play as a female character than having to wear men's equipment.
  4. Nightowl

RobbSmithIII said:
    The Baron said:
    WINTER IS COMING !
    I like the first moon, second moon, ect. idea for the months as well, its the most logical.

Also the advantage of this is that you know what order they come in. Everyone would know Second Moon follows First Moon, but I for one would never remember the order of the months if they were called Aegon or Month of the Crone or similar.
  5. Nightowl

Nightowl said:
    Is it possible to perhaps keep the first page updated with a 'percentage complete' paragraph? Presumably for things such as armours and scenes you know how many are finished and how many still to do. It would be nice for the community to be able to see how far along you are, right now I'm not sure whether to expect this mod in the coming months or if we'll be waiting years!

I know you get frustrated at people asking for release dates, and I thoroughly understand your reasoning for being unable to give one. Sorry to be part of the problem, but if you could add the above idea (note; not a release date!) to the first post it would be really useful :smile: The fact that so many people ask you this kind of thing is a credit to the excellent work you're doing here. I've read through every page of this thread and check it daily, I have such admiration of your work. I hope you don't find this request too irritating!

Sorry to repost this but I wasn't sure you saw it! If its not possible that's fine. Just wanted to make sure it had been read :smile:

Regarding the months; I think they should should be named 'First Moon,' 'Second Moon,' 'Third Moon' etc... I vaguely remember reading in one of the books, or perhaps hearing on the tv series, somebody saying they'd like to be paid by the 'black of the next moon' or something along those lines. Since Months are based on the moon cycle it would be fitting just to name it after that.
  6. Nightowl

Is it possible to perhaps keep the first page updated with a 'percentage complete' paragraph? Presumably for things such as armours and scenes you know how many are finished and how many still to do. It would be nice for the community to be able to see how far along you are, right now I'm not sure whether to expect this mod in the coming months or if we'll be waiting years!

I know you get frustrated at people asking for release dates, and I thoroughly understand your reasoning for being unable to give one. Sorry to be part of the problem, but if you could add the above idea (note; not a release date!) to the first post it would be really useful :smile: The fact that so many people ask you this kind of thing is a credit to the excellent work you're doing here. I've read through every page of this thread and check it daily, I have such admiration of your work. I hope you don't find this request too irritating!
  7. Nightowl

pappej said:
    Uhtred Ragnarson said:
    pappej said:
    series spoiler
    Anyone else thinks it would be cool if Jon Snow would join the wildlings?  :smile:, (Later dramatic experience with the nights watch, maybe)
    lol someone hasn't read the books.
    never was a big fan of books  :grin:

You should give them a try - I never read much either, but I read a Game of Thrones (first book) after watching the series and it was really good. Adds a whole new dimension to the series that you can't get from the tv.
  8. Nightowl

Shimmler said:
    Russe said:
    will a player from another faction be able to marry Margarey? and if so are there advantages like an alliance or a non aggression pact?

I actually don't know. Anyone ever tried to marry someone from another faction?
    Still i guess such features can be coded.

I think I married a Nord as a Swadian in Native... it was a while since I've played it but I believe this to be possible.
  9. Nightowl

I'm sure its a little tiresome constantly answering questions from fans of your work... the high level of communication you maintain with us is praiseworthy. I hope you won't mind if I ask a few questions of my own!

Firstly, what kind of background options will be available during character generation? Will you be able to start as a knight, or will that privilege need to be earned during the course of the game?

It was mentioned that taking over the settlements of opposing factions will give you access to their troop trees. Will the uniforms of these troops remain the same as they were under the enemy lords? My worry is that could be confusing, if as a River Lord I find myself commanding troops sporting Lannister Lions while I fight enemies in the exact same uniform.

Thanks in advance for humouring me :smile:
  10. Nightowl

I finally finished reading through the 200+ pages of the thread... each page only increases my excitement for the mod! Really looks fantastic.

Love the look of the Iron Islands scenes. They remind me of the Outer Hebrides in Scotland. Don't know if any of you have been there, it's fairly remote, but here are some pictures of the islands so you can see what I mean -

duncarloway1.jpg

Garenin_Black_House_Village_Isle_of_Lewis_Outer_Hebrides_Scotland.jpg

St_Columbas_Church,_Aiginis,_Isle_of_Lewis.jpg

HighStreet.jpg

6083172981_d64843c896_z.jpg

Castlebay.JPG

11. Nightowl

hiner said:
    Nightowl said:
    Are there any more screenshots of some of the scenes? I've seen the ones on your facebook page and they look awesome!

I'm particularly curious to see how you're going to do the Eyrie!

You'll get more screens soon enough.  Been real busy as of late with work and personal life but don't distress I'll show off some Greyjoy castles in the near future.

Just to wet your appetite tho, my first one is being inspired by Castle Tioram.  (google it :wink:)

Cool, looking forward to it! :smile: That's one good looking castle. Very reminiscent of what I would expect from a Greyjoy keep! Excited to see how it turns out!
  12. Nightowl

So the Eyrie will function as a city? I suppose that makes sense, since it's the seat of House Arryn.

Thanks for the information, I guess I'll have a look back through the thread for those other screenshots!
  13. Nightowl

Are there any more screenshots of some of the scenes? I've seen the ones on your facebook page and they look awesome!

I'm particularly curious to see how you're going to do the Eyrie!
  14. Nightowl

Signed up to these forums just to say this mod looks fantastic. You're doing some beautiful work here! Really looking forward to being able to play it!
Back
Top Bottom