This game sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

bbaydogdu

Sergeant
It's one of the biggest frustrations that a community has ever experienced. This game had a potential, but it sucks. Devs are incompetent, the job is unfinished, the boss doesn't give a damn, and seems like no one knows what to do. <snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't even care anymore. Maybe some people read this before buying this garbage and reconsider their decision. Only reason I'm not deleting the game is some upcoming total conversion mods.

I don't even care anymore. Maybe some people read this before buying this garbage and reconsider their decision. Only reason I'm not deleting the game is some upcoming total conversion mods.

Yes, the fact that it actually has worse diplomacy, in some ways, than Warband is utterly amazing.

Bannerlord is just a skeleton for modding. TW knew that ... and have exploited it to the fullest extent that they possibly could.

Bannerlord is just a cash-grab ...

(made by a clearly dysfunctional and incompetent team).

Last edited:
Its funny watching the Kerbal Space Program 2 video they put out recently and seeing the difference between what a good game company can do, and what a ****ty game company does.

I don't even play Kerbal, and they seem to know exactly how their EA is going to work. They sold less copies on their game than TW has in their previous games, and they seem to have a functioning successor to their previous title by taking things that worked and what their community liked about KSP1, and adding the features the community asked for into their new game. All within a far shorter timeframe than this game.

They also seem to have an actual QA team, unlike these morons who are using free labour from users in this forum to do their bug testing, crash reports and giving advice on how FIX THE GAME, only to ignore them and spend their time tweaking armour pieces for the 16th time since EA launch (resulting in no change to the experience), all while they seem to be having a grand ole time doing sweet F all, which is apparent based on the glassdoor reviews stating that the company is "easy" "freedom" "slow projects" "relaxed" "no stress or strict deadlines" "relaxed work environment".

I'm all for a healthy work environment, but it seems none of them have ever done an actual day's work.

Last edited:
It's one of the biggest frustrations that a community has ever experienced.
Untrue. Hardly comparable with a community facing war, famine, earthquakes etc.
This game had a potential
True and it still has potential.
but it sucks.
Untrue. Many parts are fun despite BL failing to realise its full potential.
Devs are incompetent,
Untrue. They are just collectively slow and focused on different priorities.
the job is unfinished,
True. They aren't hiding that.
the boss doesn't give a damn
Untrue. This is Armagan's life's work.
seems like one knows what to do
They've made their design choices, which were never going to satisfy everyone.

Untrue. Hardly comparable with a community facing war, famine, earthquakes etc.

True and it still has potential.

Untrue. Many parts are fun despite BL failing to realise its full potential.

Untrue. They are just collectively slow and focused on different priorities.

True. They aren't hiding that.

Untrue. This is Armagan's life's work.

Digging your heels in (even in an attempted humorous way) to defend this kind of behaviour from a company is sad.

The game is fully released and they had ample to to work on it, ample time in EA and there are still basic mechanics that do not work in the game such as relationships, diplomacy, fluff text, bad textures, lore, AI pathfinding, autoresolves imbalance, campaign AI, smithing, bad clipping, policies not working, **** load of bugs etc, (won't even get started on MP) and here you are still saying:

"The game still has potential/the devs are aware of the problems/that their design choices are not going to satisfy everyone."

I am going to say this again to you, the game is fully released. This is not how a developer should behave. I will help you need book a doctors appointment to surgically remove your nose from the developers a$$hole if you would like, because it's people like you who damage the gaming community by letting this type of behaviour slide.

Last edited:
Digging your heels in (even in an attempted humorous way) to defend this kind of behaviour from a company is sad.

The game is fully released and they had ample to to work on it, ample time in EA and there are still basic mechanics that do not work in the game such as relationships, diplomacy, fluff text, bad textures, lore, AI pathfinding, autoresolves imbalance, campaign AI, smithing, bad clipping, policies not working, **** load of bugs etc, and here you are still saying:

"The game still has potential/the devs are aware of the problems/that their design choices are not going to satisfy everyone."

I am going to say this again to you, the game is fully released. This is not how a developer should behave. I will help you need book a doctors appointment to surgically remove your nose from the developers a$$hole if you would like, because it's people like you who damage the gaming community by letting this type of behaviour slide.
Major console companies would refuse to release Bannerlord on their platforms, if your views were correct. TW are not required to tailor their product to your specific requirements. Exaggerating is fine to make a point, but undermines your judgement when you start believing it.
BTW TW have detailed features they're still working on that will be fed through post-release.

Inappropriate behavior
Major console companies would refuse to release Bannerlord on their platforms, if your views were correct. TW are not required to tailor their product to your specific requirements. Exaggerating is fine to make a point, but undermines your judgement when you start believing it.
Point out exactly where I exaggerated.
Point out where I stated TW should tailor their product to my specific requirements.
BTW TW have detailed features they're still working on that will be fed through post-release.
BTW, did you read my comment at all? This is exactly my point, pet. The game should be released finished, not unfinished with an unconfirmed time schedule of completion.

The game is not only unfinished, as I stated in my previous comment, it's is non-functional in the a lot of areas considered finished. We know this because it these incomplete areas are not part of the post-release roadmap.

I said I'd help you with your surgical appointment, but it seems more like I need to book a RFB (Rectum Foreign Body) Removal because you seem nestled right up their hole.

All you do is twisting my words. It's not about my or some people's personal preferences. I'm not gonna bother explaining the problematic parts of this business. But I can say even by just looking at the current troop design you can understand there is something wrong with this game.

Sad fact.There is no other bannerlord like game in the industry.Someone has to see the potensial and add some competition to those fools.This isnt even a game but a mod platform.We shouldnt have paid more than 10$.

All you do is twisting my words. It's not about my or some people's personal preferences. I'm not gonna bother explaining the problematic parts of this business. But I can say even by just looking at the current troop design you can understand there is something wrong with this game.
I made my own troop trees. IMO the main combat problems (ignoring formations) are the artificially depressed weapon skills of troops where TW have limited their AI for short and bloody engagements.

Agree.

I hope TaleWorlds sells Bannerlord to a more ambitious company.
If you like to play a game even worse than this what you say might be a good solution. But I wouldn't want that. TW is the only company that can or could turn this game into a masterpiece while preserving their vision at the beggining. After all Mr. and Mrs. Yavuz are the ones who come up with this awesome idea. But I gues they just don't care about it anymore.

I am going to say this again to you, the game is fully released.
It is, and its potential can be deepened by modding. This game being fully released doesn't mean its potential peaks here. I will also emphasize that modding is a major feature that Taleworlds focused on. This is what their "design decision" was. They decided to focus on making a stable base with as many barebone features as they could fit.

Of course, it'd be mighty nice if the game could be perfect in every way even without modding, but this is what we get, and it's not all that bad, because again, they decided to support modding.

Point out exactly where I exaggerated.
Point out where I stated TW should tailor their product to my specific requirements.

BTW, did you read my comment at all? This is exactly my point, pet. The game should be released finished, not unfinished with an unconfirmed time schedule of completion.

The game is not only unfinished, as I stated in my previous comment, it's is non-functional in the a lot of areas considered finished. We know this because it these incomplete areas are not part of the post-release roadmap.

I said I'd help you with your surgical appointment, but it seems more like I need to book a RFB (Rectum Foreign Body) Removal because you seem nestled right up their hole.
Is it worse to be up someone else's hole, or your own? Have some time to think about it.

Back
Top Bottom