WE GOT A STEAM WORKSHOP, REPEAT, STEAM WORKSHOP

Users who are viewing this thread

🍿🤡🍿
I'm sure people will only upload mods that are updated to the current versions and that players will all check that the mods match their version and also that they use any dependent mods. I don't think there will be daily complaints forever from people breaking their games. At least I think most people who would use workshop over nexus won't be using this forum to complain about this stuff.

Now there are not a lot of mods, but finally you won't need to go on the internal pages and install that all mess manually. Because you need a lot of mods to make Bannerlord enjoyable :smile:
we'll probably still need to do it, workshop system's very flawed and often will mess up mods for many different games (like CK2, CK3, Skyrim, etc.)
It is convenient for more casual players, but it doesn't mean much to anyone who relies heavily on mods.

Yes I'm sure he workshop will save the game and give us better mods than what we have already got on the nexus :mrgreen:
it "looks official", so obviously better mods now! :lol:

In workshop you just click and all the download and installation goes automatically,
If that creates an illusion that you can download dozens of mods or even hundreds of mods and play the game with no problem, that would lead gamebreaking issues.
that's better than downloading 50+ mods from Nexus and manually install them, isn't it?
If Bannerlord modding community provides third programs like Mod Organizer 2 which is doing automatic installation, also has automatically sorting Load Order and also has launcher in it, Steam Workshop would become trivial in my eyes.

When players want to play with dozens or hundreds of mods, manual work is inevitable for a stable game even then problems arises anyway.
Also, Nexus has collection feature which can be used Bannerlord right now. Anyone, who do not find time for manual work or is lazy, can downloads of dozens of mods with a click of a button which is more convenient than Steam Workshop although you do not pick the mods you want, you have to choose best mod list that fits to your liking.
it doesn't mean much to anyone who relies heavily on mods.
^^^^This.

If that creates an illusion that you can download dozens of mods or even hundreds of mods and play the game with no problem, that would lead gamebreaking issues.
It makes modding more accessible to those who aren't the biggest on Nexus. This is an objectively good change, and you're kinda grasping at straws to find issues with it. The system works with Warband, it will work with Bannerlord.

The system works with Warband, it will work with Bannerlord.
You can play one mod at a time with WB so the player does not have to bother himself with if this mod plays nicely with other mods. This is the case for BL. Anyone who wants to play with lots of mods will find himself doing a manual work it would not be "click and play".

Anyone can use any platform they want. I am just pointing out this is not the case for huge mod lists.

Lmao, why can't I be sincere? In workshop you just click and all the download and installation goes automatically, that's better than downloading 50+ mods from Nexus and manually install them, isn't it?
Oh my god dragging a folder into a modules folder is so hard someone please help me

It makes modding more accessible to those who aren't the biggest on Nexus. This is an objectively good change, and you're kinda grasping at straws to find issues with it. The system works with Warband, it will work with Bannerlord.
Oh my god dragging a folder into a modules folder is so hard someone please help me
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
yes it is a positive thing, but irrelevant to non-casuals - if you want I can give a massive essay on it's effects and the additions towards the community as a whole through sheer observational data we can observe on other games - but it isn't exactly something that means much other than giving a easier to deal with space for casual modders and casual players. - can't even be called entry-point for future modders because it doesn't provide modding tools, just an upload space.

You can play one mod at a time with WB so the player does not have to bother himself with if this mod plays nicely with other mods. This is the case for BL. Anyone who wants to play with lots of mods will find himself doing a manual work it would not be "click and play".

Anyone can use any platform they want. I am just pointing out this is not the case for huge mod lists.
As somebody who has player other games, I can assure you it does work just fine. I have played with mod lists in the hundreds for games like Arma, and in the double digits for games like Paradox. It is very clear to see what does and doesn't overlap. People aren't stupid, and they won't suddenly get stupid when they use the Steam workshop.
Yes, it is a fundamentally more streamlined system for both downloading mods and having them be updated.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yes it is a positive thing, but irrelevant to non-casuals - if you want I can give a massive essay on it's effects and the additions towards the community as a whole through sheer observational data we can observe on other games - but it isn't exactly something that means much other than giving a easier to deal with space for casual modders and casual players. - can't even be called entry-point for future modders because it doesn't provide modding tools, just an upload space.
Ok? This is for the casuals. Not everything a company does has to be for the people who log thousands of hours into the game. And, to be entirely honest, it shouldn't. Games like Rainbow Six Siege are just made worse by listening to the pros.

It is just going to make modding more accessible and easy for people who are more casual fans. Who don't want to go through the effort of constantly checking Nexus, who just want to run a campaign every now and again. And having them all in one place on Steam just makes it easier.

Back
Top Bottom