What's on your mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm attempting to buy a house. Well, specifically, I'm attempting to make an offer to buy a house. I feel like I'm stepping through a minefield of other peoples' personalities and agendas. My parents, the bank, the homeowner, the neighbor who thinks I should live in her house instead... Oh, and my own conflicting feelings, lack of courage, and social ineptitude, which are making things difficult for me now as much as ever. And we haven't even started the actual purchase process yet, or even sat down with the owner to go over the details and work out a price. I feel like I'm stepping into a mess that will drag on for months.
And now the owners seem to be changing their minds about selling: "If we do decide to sell, we'll let you know." ****. It was never even close to being a sure deal, but I'm still really disappointed tonight. And discouraged. It might not be my dream house, necessarily, but it has become a dream of mine to buy a house this year, and it's in a dream location. Lately I've been thinking of all the things I want to do once I live on my own, but more than that, I began to feel that owning a home would give me pride. I guess I want to feel like an equal to other people, which tbh I often don't. I want to feel like I'm making something of myself, and I want other people to think that about me, too. I dunno, I'm dead tired and I'm rambling. I guess this weekend I'll go through the real estate websites again. I'll get a list of apartment buildings to call, maybe I'll get lucky and something will be available. There wasn't much available when I called around earlier this summer. Who knows, maybe I'll even see a house for sale nearby that I like. Back to square one. Just wish I didn't feel like I was behind everyone else my age.

I actually heard a series of explosions a few minutes ago followed by very loud plane engines. It's probably just a sonic boom, but it's pretty amusing considering where I am.

I'm currently quarantining in Liaodong for 10 days in a gigantic conference centre. It's probably the biggest room I've ever slept in. The view is pretty nice as well, it looks a lot like North Korea from what I've seen, and I'm right in front of a valley lake with weeping willows and lilypads.

So you're willingly in China, at a time like this. Blink twice if you're kidnapped.

The lake sounds lovely. But I guess you can't even enjoy nature at the moment.

Breaking quarantine in China:
0qT5d.gif

I actually heard a series of explosions a few minutes ago followed by very loud plane engines. It's probably just a sonic boom, but it's pretty amusing considering where I am.

I'm currently quarantining in Liaodong for 10 days in a gigantic conference centre. It's probably the biggest room I've ever slept in. The view is pretty nice as well, it looks a lot like North Korea from what I've seen, and I'm right in front of a valley lake with weeping willows and lilypads.
Sounds nice. I hope you've got a sketchbook to keep you amused. Try not to draw anything secret. :smile:

I ****ing hate Christmas shopping. Rhetorical question, what are you supposed to get for people who have plenty of everything, don't do anything, and don't seem to show an interest in anything? It's a good thing Christmas only comes once a year.

Back
Top Bottom