Resolved Accepting peace for the wrong reason

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: We were at war with the southern empire for a stupidly short amount of time, had taken two settlements (Makeb & Syratos Castle) and they offered peace for a stupidly low amount of tribute (90 a day, which we are to pay to them, which in itself is surely a bug, who would accept that for any reason? We're winning the war, they've taken no lands - Makeb was taken in a previous war) and the lords of the Khuzait overwhelmingly accepted peace for the reason of 'we're at war with too many enemies', which is BS because we're not at war with anyone else.
How to Reproduce: be at war and wait for the stupid reason to pop up, it inevitably will.
Have you used cheats and if so which: nope

Summary: We were at war with the southern empire for a stupidly short amount of time, had taken two settlements (Makeb & Syratos Castle) and they offered peace for a stupidly low amount of tribute (90 a day, which we are to pay to them, which in itself is surely a bug, who would accept that for any reason? We're winning the war, they've taken no lands - Makeb was taken in a previous war) and the lords of the Khuzait overwhelmingly accepted peace for the reason of 'we're at war with too many enemies', which is BS because we're not at war with anyone else.
How to Reproduce: be at war and wait for the stupid reason to pop up, it inevitably will.
Have you used cheats and if so which: nope

The problem imo is how the AI calculates tribute.
The reason I cant explain, seems to randomly pick options?
The tribute system for peace is tbh really bad - I've noticed after I installed Diplomacy mod that its so much better when modders done it than the vanilla sadly.

So many of the game design decisions in vanilla Bannerlord is so bad.
Thankfully there is mods out there that will fix issues like this.

So no I dont have a fix for you, its just how they decided to design the game, and with release around the corner until something dramatic is changed for retailversion - you should look for mods to start enjoying the game more.

Diplomacy is a must and it got several sliders for you to customize it so you can have more or less wars etc.

AI calculates tribute purely on the number of captives you hold from the enemy faction. I have tested this numerous times.
So the solution to get high tribute paid is capturing every enemy lord/lady, do not let anybody be ransomed.
Number of castles/fiefs won/lost have no impact, only number of captives. It also is the best way to get a war from dragging on - once you have captured about 10 NPCs the peace offers start rolling in. I am currently receiving between 2500 and 5000 daily from every enemy faction using this approach: I capture the few fiefs I want to during the campaign, fortify the captured locations to reduce risk of re-sieging, then focus exclusively on capturing as many NPCs as possible until they offer peace. Once the amount looks good, I accept. Rinse & repeat

Right now, the diplomacy mod just crashes my game, which sucks. don't know if the modder just hasn't updated it to be compatible with 1.8.0, need to check. especially since I just had the same issue again, literally, and I kid you not, maybe ten seconds after we declared war on the southern empire. exact same reason, but at least we receive the tribute this time. as if it helps. I swear this game is not gonna be ready for full-release.

Right now, the diplomacy mod just crashes my game, which sucks. don't know if the modder just hasn't updated it to be compatible with 1.8.0, need to check. especially since I just had the same issue again, literally, and I kid you not, maybe ten seconds after we declared war on the southern empire. exact same reason, but at least we receive the tribute this time. as if it helps. I swear this game is not gonna be ready for full-release.
There is a fix to the mod, listed on the page I'm sure of it, there is a patch to that or one of the submods it rely on.
I have it on 1.80 working fine.

AI calculates tribute purely on the number of captives you hold from the enemy faction. I have tested this numerous times.
So the solution to get high tribute paid is capturing every enemy lord/lady, do not let anybody be ransomed.
Number of castles/fiefs won/lost have no impact, only number of captives. It also is the best way to get a war from dragging on - once you have captured about 10 NPCs the peace offers start rolling in. I am currently receiving between 2500 and 5000 daily from every enemy faction using this approach: I capture the few fiefs I want to during the campaign, fortify the captured locations to reduce risk of re-sieging, then focus exclusively on capturing as many NPCs as possible until they offer peace. Once the amount looks good, I accept. Rinse & repeat

Thats not true from my experience though when I used to play with Vanilla.

I had 32 lords in my dungeon alone.
0 desire for peace.
Also if the other side have many merc clans employed that mess up the whole willing to have peace from my experiences in vanilla.
They typically end up with 10-15 of them, each of those merc-clan also mess things up in term of adding to the tribute of the kingdome that have them employeed for about 500-1500 denar pr day in their favor.
I'm pretty much constant at war once the kingdome reach a certain "power" about 12-14k - then I dont have peace anymore at all ever again.
Basically it ruinst the fun for me and others who end up with this.

You can on occasion get peace by you spending all the influence you have and getting it through.
But the whole vanilla peace/war system is a mess to say the least and the removal of "causis belli" from how it was in Warband was a horrible design decision - now the AI will just gank a few factions into submission(read there is tons of threads about how by year 10-15 Battania is no more in the game)(And thats by player who dont play Battania) Just dont seem fair that they will be hammered by NE, Vlandia, Sturgia, WE and sometimes Asarai(but thats just so they can get some tribute).

But this dont really have much to do with the op's post regardless and is more ranting about how much things imo is really flawed designed in the vanilla game vs what modder have altered to fix things..

Hey, do you have a save file of the session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here: C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves. You can send your save files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom