What Do You Play for in Bannerlord? What Keeps you Going?

What do you play for? What drives you to keeping pushing on in the game?

• I just love the combat. It's always interesting and fun

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • I love the atmosphere of the game in general

Votes: 19 17.4%
  • I play when there is an update for a short while

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • I like the challenge of starting my own kingdom

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • I love seeing siege combat evolve

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Everything I do in Bannerlord is enhanced by the mods, without mods I wouldn't play

Votes: 32 29.4%
  • I like being a trader or a blacksmith and making tonnes of coin

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • I enjoy just roleplaying my character

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • I don't play... I have uninstalled the game for the time-being

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I play because I'm a sadomasochist, whip me again! you big Turkish Adonis !

Votes: 17 15.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

stevepine

Sergeant Knight at Arms
As for me, I have uninstalled the game for now. I keep asking myself , after each update hits, if I should get back into it?

For now, I think the answer is 'not yet' .. because I don't play with mods and I want to see what kind of product we get at the end of EA.

I suspect the game will only have real depth after a year or so of modders really 'going to town' and properly working on it.

Last edited:
At the moment I don't see a real reason to invest time into it I have played 1491 hours so far I'm burnt out by the current content and flaws of the game.

I just can't get past the fact that troops are wearing other factions armour and loads of other little things like the AI and Policy Voting that is why i only play when an update comes out I have 31 mods currently installed most of which I would consider essential to me.

I love Bannerlord it's a great game but it's just not Warband and I'm not expecting it to ever be warband but I would like it if Bannerlord can become a worthy successor this is the game I want to be able to play for years to come so TW keep up the good work as slow as it is at least it's still active development.

Uninstalled after my 1.8 run a while ago. Battles are fun, but they can only last you so long. There is nothing else to do ingame besides smithing. Game world is static. No events or anything interesting ever happens. Your companions are random nobodies, no fun to level them up. There is no content. For a sandbox world there is nothing to do, nor will you ever be surprised by anything in this game.

Like you said, mods are the best hope for this game. Warband had great mods so i'm really looking forward to them :3

I played loads on when it came out. But after while i started to get things that really bugged me . Like the terrible npc's the fact that cruel , brave, honest and the rest have no effect on how the npc reacts to you or the world , other than a few numbers that are to do with what soliders they have. The more i played trading plus "blacksmith which i hate" and the odd quest that i got fed up of repeating and nothing was happening apart from text on the bottom left giving me reports on battle results and weddings and babies born and nothing else . Why is no one doing anything apart from build another army . No intrigue or alliances no bad no good just fighting and making money for fighting. I still got bannerlord installed buy thats because i have hope. I on full release its just a polished version of what we have for me at least it will be a massive let down and it will be up to mods (if think having mods add this stuff would be a massive cop out ) but i won't be playing if there is nothing fixing these issues and i will uninstall. Another EA game thats not delivered i hope i am wrong .

As for me, I have uninstalled the game for now. I keep asking myself , after each update hits, if I should get back into it?

For now, I think the answer is 'not yet' .. because I don't play with mods and I want to see what kind of product we get at the end of EA.

I suspect the game will only have real depth after a year or so of modders really 'going to town' and properly working on it.
it's inescapable, you'll eventually be bent into using mods like it or not, because I doubt TW will provide a full game experience before release, and long after it... The hope is that they patch all by the time we hit 1 or 2 DLCs, but when that happens I'll be old and probably have some kids, idk if I'll be gaming with a such a time-sink like M&B.

Lacking I play because:
It's the only RPG RTS hybrid game that is decently made and there's no competition on the market in this genre. For now atleast.

I think it's quite telling and also sad that only 2 people in this poll actually said they enjoy roleplaying their character. The RPG aspects of the game need enhancing so much.

Same story every update:

Game must be better now, yes it is! Ah ok this stuff is still useless, ah ok this thing is still broken, this is still missing. ****, my most important mods are not updated yet. But ok, early/mid game is still fun, ah **** late game is still non existent! But the next update will be a ****ing turnaround and everything will be fine!

Wait for next update and repeat....

But overall, Bannerlord has a better money/minute rate than Warband for me, if you keep in mind the time beeing played for in years.

Screenshot-2022-08-16-182853.png

Screenshot-2022-08-16-183007.png

Last edited:
I'm just shy of 690 hours - mainly played with mods, base game is severely lacking. With the launch of 1.8.0 they've broken legacy versions (1.7.0/1.7.2) and so it has broken my save. I really want to like Bannerlord, for how many hours I've played Warband, how much modding has increased my time in both of these games is.. stupidly high. There are things that I like in Bannerlord that Warband doesn't have, but there is simply too much that Warband has that Bannerlord is missing, with both being vanilla.

As is stands now can't even play Bannerlord as of today because they broke my save (was locked at 1.7.0 since it came out). My Warband time is just under 12,000 hours, with less than 50 of that being in Multiplayer.

Bannerlord is the game I play when I don't feel like playing anything and as I've gotten older, I find I'm not as interested in most new games coming out. I'll make a character, have an idea for their build and backstory, and play until I realize it feels the same as my other runs and start again. Mostly waiting for the game to be realized so people can mod in the features I'd like to see but I still play a few times a week.

Mods. Problem with that is I'll now have to wait a couple of months to play as mods take time to update and all old versions are dead.

Bannerlord... I will said that it is a complex world where everything is connected in someway, markets, caravans, economy, war, etc it is absolutely awesome and useless... because the player doesn't have any tool to interact with this complex world other than jump to next battle. I can not understood why they have created this complex sandbox, those impresive scenes, etc can not imagine all the time spent on it and then let it there without any real usage. stunning!!!

I play - and I only play without mods - in order to find the bugs they need to squash.

It can be pretty dismal work, knowing that some of the travails can be avoided with mods, but if I can't certify that something I observed was caused by their game and not some mod, I'm afraid my bug reports will get ignored or at least downgraded.

I'm resigned that the full release - if it EVER comes - will require mods to make it play well. But that goodness is yet in my future.

You're welcome.

What keeps me going must be the same thing that keeps the dog scratching at the back door for 3 hours even though it isn't going to make anybody let him in. Because I'm stupid, like my poor dog. In his stupid dog brain, he thinks that he's only inches and minutes from getting everything he wants. And my stupid gamer brain thinks I'm just a few patches away from a good M&B experience. Just a few patches away. Just a few patches away. Just a few patches away.

TEN YEARS LATER......

What keeps me going must be the same thing that keeps the dog scratching at the back door for 3 hours even though it isn't going to make anybody let him in. Because I'm stupid, like my poor dog. In his stupid dog brain, he thinks that he's only inches and minutes from getting everything he wants. And my stupid gamer brain thinks I'm just a few patches away from a good M&B experience. Just a few patches away. Just a few patches away. Just a few patches away.

TEN YEARS LATER......
Nice sad story :sad:

Back
Top Bottom