Micro manage cavalry charges

Users who are viewing this thread

The only current solution was being the commander of cavalry and have them 'follow' you. Believe the way they set it up (from a video someone posted on YT), is they follow your path partially so you can essentially charge at, say, archers but at last moment go around and past them (if you don't want to physically fight). Your cavalry should then charge through them to get to you and go at their full speed without this cohesion compensation.

The only current solution was being the commander of cavalry and have them 'follow' you. Believe the way they set it up (from a video someone posted on YT), is they follow your path partially so you can essentially charge at, say, archers but at last moment go around and past them (if you don't want to physically fight). Your cavalry should then charge through them to get to you and go at their full speed without this cohesion compensation.
Yes that kind of works but the issue is if you have even a fair amount of cavalry 20+ they get strung out all over the place. One of my biggest complaints about cavalry is that follow command is more a hey why don't we go this general direction as opposed to an actual follow where I go because they have a tendency to **** off to god knows where and get picked off one by one eventually.

Yes please. TW give group targeting and related commands and movements. It will make battles much more enjoyable.
And it won't be for lack of interest... well as Taleworlds likes to say... subsets of players :iamamoron:.

Joking aside, I've never understood the vision of offering the new-casual player tools ranging from automatic blocking to the AI delegate command. Then for those of us who are interested in a more challenging game, they do nothing more than to cripple mechanics and remove tools for this type of player.

Imagine how much the gameplay experience would change with just these three features. A gameplay experience that would not be affected for those looking for a more casual/casual/easier one.

We have been asking Taleworlds since the 2019 alpha beta period to somehow implement focused fire (ranged). From this derives the oft-talked-about engage in enemy formation (melee/cav) , which would expand tactical possibilities significantly. And then of course a reinterpretation of the Warband weapon order in an improved version 2.0 for Bannerlord; primary/secondary switch weapon order.

Why should the player be subordinate to the AI? It should not be the player who has control over which weapon a unit/bot uses at all times. If we had a 100% functioning AI ( which is not currently the case unfortunately) why can't the player have both options unrestricted? why can't the player, 1. choose via a weapon switching order button or 2. allow the AI to take care of it?

I don't understand why so much opposition to mechanics that favour full player control. Imagine this applied to both open field battles and siege battles... why can't I tell the Artillery to bombard an exact point... no, Taleworlds insists that the AI keeps bombarding my own troops or that some of them ignore all of my commands and go their own way...

Anyway... I'm out of tissues now...:lol:

Yes that kind of works but the issue is if you have even a fair amount of cavalry 20+ they get strung out all over the place. One of my biggest complaints about cavalry is that follow command is more a hey why don't we go this general direction as opposed to an actual follow where I go because they have a tendency to **** off to god knows where and get picked off one by one eventually.
Yeah, not the best solution as most of the time you're just sitting up ahead waiting for them to trickle back before you circle and do a second charge. But it is all we have atm because they probably can't/won't add a type of targeting functionality a majority of us want.
In Warband (iirc - haven't played in years) we could at least use the minimap to select point A>B with units as a proxy.

I would've assumed with OOB system, there would've been some background change with how the party/ratios are assigned so you could tell your troops to attack an opposing 'grouping'.

Yeah, not the best solution as most of the time you're just sitting up ahead waiting for them to trickle back before you circle and do a second charge. But it is all we have atm because they probably can't/won't add a type of targeting functionality a majority of us want.
In Warband (iirc - haven't played in years) we could at least use the minimap to select point A>B with units as a proxy.

I would've assumed with OOB system, there would've been some background change with how the party/ratios are assigned so you could tell your troops to attack an opposing 'grouping'.
I know it's the best we have but damn man it sucks because running a cavalry party in Warband was so much damn fun, and op. But in Bannerlord it's like well we have cavalry at least we can chase down fleeing looters. :evil:

I know it's the best we have but damn man it sucks because running a cavalry party in Warband was so much damn fun, and op. But in Bannerlord it's like well we have cavalry at least we can chase down fleeing looters. :evil:

Nah even that's stuffed up. The morons trot past the enemy cheering half the time.

So many things wrong with the game. Also, you can't order them to charge once the enemy starts to flee! Which idiot thought that was a good idea?

even warband's mod had a formation attack, i don't know why didn't bannerlord's devs put this feature in game.
they always spread out all around map chasing enemy cavalry or horse archer.
only batt*nians would enjoy this game.

It even seems like that people liked that option back then :unsure:
It's probably because it would be hard to make it work for console for the added 'complexity' with micromanaging, therefore, PC will have to compromise again.
To be fair though, the AI for cavalry is improving (still the aiming issues) diving in and out which, if they don't want us to control them, make them smarter!

A better managment of the cavalry yes.
I'd love ONE unic order to ask them charge from a point A to B, regroup then charge from B to A, regroup then A to B....etc etc....
Like actually do the ennemi IA.

I guess that this is the error text that we can see on this screen shot :

i understand and fully agree on all of your complains.

just want to point out if you do the "advance" move its better than just the "charge". sure you still have to regroup your cav at some point but at least they stay for some longer time in a more or less formation. i prefer the "advance" move more over the "charge"

i understand and fully agree on all of your complains.

just want to point out if you do the "advance" move its better than just the "charge". sure you still have to regroup your cav at some point but at least they stay for some longer time in a more or less formation. i prefer the "advance" move more over the "charge"
I thought so too, but @Strat did a lot of testing and charge always has better results. see:

Back
Top Bottom