Your Opinion on TW 'No confirmed information on up-coming patch content' Policy

What's your opinion on the policy of "no information on coming patch content " ?

• It's both sensible and necessary - because patch content is inherently dynamic

Votes: 16 14.0%
  • I don't like it - but I understand why Taleworlds do it

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • It's absurd and unnecessary - it isolates the community from development and frustrates people

Votes: 65 57.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

The fact of the matter is that unless you have ridiculously low expectations, the developers being more more "transparent" with the truth isn't going to do much to alleviate concerns. Sure it's the honest way, but it's hardly favourable when we all know how pitiful the truth actually is. They couldn't make it much clearer with their own words and deeds how little they care for the community's concerns at this point.
So what do you genuinely expect them to do? Tell the truth of how inconsequential the changes and additions will be in the future and destroy the last hope some naive dimwits still hold onto and turn even more people against them? They won't tell the truth, and any communication is and will be half-arsed and unexplained, because the truth is inexcusable and embarrassing and no lines of pretend-goody honesty padding is going to soften the tone. Recall the dreaded WHY?™
Nothing ever is 100%, but
Not that it really surprises me at this point but if you can't say with a reasonable amount of confidence what you'll be working on next month, that is rough indeed.
To me, the reasoning is more along the lines of "less careful communication has caused frustration and disappointment, so let's communicate more carefully"
"We were too on the nose in the cockeyedness of our development process, let's shut it and leave the muppets to make up excuses for us."
I find most of those posts discouraging / draining.
I say this in the kindest manner but do you now? It doesn't occur to you that the reactions stem from an understandable anger over the failure of a monetary and emotional investment in a product - the failure you doggedly avoid to mention and refuse to acknowledge. If you're as enthused about keeping up the notoriously tone-deaf HR shtick as you appear to be, maybe you should consider changing desks.
There are very varied approaches across companies and products, especially for EA games. Not that that means anything.
Do you want me to recite TW's self-proclaimed approach to EA or does that also not mean anything?
The company is developer run, there are no business suits that pull the strings. Different people are responsible for different things, but everyone has some responsibility. I am not unhappy with what we have achieved during EA.
He's protecting your hide for you, buddy, but I don't suppose community endearment means much to you. And I don't especially care how much they pay you but flushing your and your colleagues' names down the ****ter for what from every other angle looks to be a series of management ****-ups is.. unsporting, to say the least.

And I admit I do feel somewhat like the bad cop here. BUT before you point to me as the bogeyman as the explanation behind your catastrophic communication, harassing the innocent devs and singlehandedly forcing them to tamper down on communication efforts, there is no denying that the people you are dealing with on these forums are mostly exceptionally reasonable and understanding for how little reciprocity they receive. They're either very naive or very patient folks, and as readily as I will insult anyone's intelligence even I lean more toward the latter. You don't appreciate that in them in the least and still keep up the lies and the pretense. Seeing it play out the same exact way over and over again in all two years of this horrendous EA, now that is tiring.

Last edited:
Not that it really surprises me at this point but if you can't say with a reasonable amount of confidence what you'll be working on next month, that is rough indeed.
That is not what I said.

"We were too on the nose in the cockeyedness of our development process, let's shut it and leave the muppets to make up excuses for us."
Neither is this.

I say this in the kindest manner but do you now?
Yes.

He's protecting your hide for you, buddy, but I don't suppose community endearment means much to you.
Eh, half of those posts use "not the developers" as "no offense, but". In any case, I am plenty protected by my endearing nature. :iamamoron:

Edith to your edith
And I admit I do feel somewhat like the bad cop here. BUT before you point to me as the bogeyman as the explanation behind your catastrophic communication, harassing the innocent devs and singlehandedly forcing them to tamper down on communication efforts, there is no denying that the people you are dealing with on these forums are mostly exceptionally reasonable and understanding for how little reciprocity they receive. They're either very naive or very patient folks, and as readily as I will insult anyone's intelligence even I lean more toward the latter. You don't appreciate that in them in the least and still keep up the lies and the pretense. Seeing it play out the same exact way over and over again in all two years of this horrendous EA, now that is tiring.
You are not a bad boogey to me. Rudely honest about your opinion / argumentative / provocative / misrepresentative in some cases, sure. But well, not like I didn't ever do that as a user before. At the end of the day, though, the totality of it piles and does grind you down (and then a break from the forums is warranted). In particular, for me, because I cannot respond in kind :razz: I have seen arguments before that "it's not the devs, but" and that is why I point out that it does affect the developers you (general) interact with. Active developers do become inactive because of it. Yes, venting may seem or be justified to you. But I don't think it's beneficial in all its forms.

Last edited:
That is not what I said.

Neither is this.

Yes.

Eh, half of those posts use "not the developers" as "no offense, but". In any case, I am plenty protected by my endearing nature. :iamamoron:
I could go into another rant about all the fallacies that make up this nonsense of a response but you'd just waive them off with a single sentence or word of zero substance anyway. I like the immediate change in attitude once valid points started being raised, though. One more topical captioned meme and you'll be off the hook yet, funny lad.

I could go into another rant about all the fallacies that make up this nonsense of a response but you'd just waive them off with a single sentence or word of zero substance anyway. I like the immediate change in attitude once valid points started being raised, though. One more topical captioned meme and you'll be off the hook yet, funny lad.
You could always try to raise the point you wish to discuss without misquoting me / putting words in my mouth.

You could always try to raise the point you wish to discuss without misquoting me / putting words in my mouth.
I clarified and expanded on the implications of your statements, that's not misquoting. Instead of arguing over nothing with "yes it is!" and "no it isn't!", you could elaborate on how you think I falsely interpreted your statements.
So instead of me pulling another point out the back-end how about you properly respond to the ones I already brought up instead of being funny?

I clarified and expanded on the implications of your statements, that's not misquoting. Instead of arguing over nothing with "yes it is!" and "no it isn't!", you could elaborate on how you think I falsely interpreted your statements.
So instead of me pulling another point out the back-end how about you properly respond to the ones I already brought up instead of being funny?
Sure, but after I sleep. Almost 2am and there is work tomorrow. Can't promise it won't be funny though.

Significant features rarely drop in a single patch. They add preparatory building blocks through several patches until complete and activated. No doubt testing failures also sometimes result in delayed activation to allow a patch to be published and allow Devs to sort out problems. It's a complex game as should be clear to anyone from the number of bug reports. Those bug reports also prove that TW release updates when they can and sometimes earlier than they should rather than holding back to frustrate us. Equally, as the game has progressed beyond pure crash resolution and optimisation for low spec pcs (or consoles) increasing focus is being paid to moddability, which often invests time and effort into options that may never appear in Native Calradia. AFAIK the code changes required to implement custom skins for modders have been extensive and no doubt troublesome - they will still be worth the effort even though they have yet to drop. Given our ignorance of most of the issues faced, I believe we should be a damn site more reasonable. An opinion that is clearly wasted on those intent on throwing rattles out of their prams.

I think the content of the coming updates is irrelevant, patches will come when they come. What worries me is TW's poor management of feedback. There must be more than 50 threads related to a lack of interaction and immersion in the game, and AFAIK none has been answered, same thing in relation to diplomacy and world building, like for example how poor the bandit/being a king/being anything at all is, the poor management Multiplayer servers have had too is a big issue. For example, promising servers one day and then take 2 years, 2 damn years to deny it (after having ignored thread after thread in this matter) it's a damn shame if you ask me, they haven't even apologized for it, which is a literal spit on the face. It's easy to answer to haters but when actual claims come up you guys shut your mouths and leave the players at the edge. Players who have payed money for the game, it's quite disrespectful

That´s by far the most stupid thing I´ve ever seen from a company that released an EA game.

Even ****ty companies that released a full game are often able to release a real roadmap.

TWs EA description was and is full of lies. I´ve already said it back then when people noticed that it was just a placeholder game. TWs communication is also on the lowest level I´ve ever seen across different game companies.

At the beginning the white knights always played the "indie company" card, meanwhile this "indie company" made millions of dollars with the EA release. And the communication just got worse since the beginning.

I will never support (buy) any EA game from TW ever again. I just hope that some game magazines will start covering this EA ****show. I mean if they would have sold like 50-100k copies that would be a little bit different...

TW is also only able to behave like this because of their monopol in the genre. Their space game will fail miserably with this incompetence, because it will be compared to other good space games and companies that don´t give a **** about their community.

TW is the opposite of HelloGames.

One of the saddest thing is that TW really thinks they are actually doing a good job when they consider patches like 1.7.1. / 1.7.2 real content updates. And that they think that their communication style is pretty good. They are living on a different planet I guess.

Keep in mind that this "indie game" with all of it´s placeholders, missing features and broken stuff (till today in some cases) back then is/was sold for 40/50€ euros. TW literally sold an alpha version close to the price of a finished tripple A game.

From their POV it´s us that are wrong and not them.

I just hope they´ll license their engine in the future to companies that do care or will just get bought by whoever, can´t get worse anyway. Or that any other company notices the success of Bannerlord (even in it´s state) and start making a similar game but in good.

And of course nobody would start revolting if TW would say:

"Expect feature X in the next patch"
and
"Sorry, but feature X won´t make in the next patch because..."

They had the perfect situation after the EA release:

- sold a truckload of copies
- hype / positive coverage / reviews
- a dedicated community loving Warband/Bannerlord, just check out all those mods
- they received (and still receive) tons of good feedback/suggestions

It´s hard to **** up that hard under this circumstances...but that´s the way they choosed

Roadmaps are rarely ever fullfilled so i don't care much for them at all. As long as they finish the game it is more than what any developer can do these days, is all i care about, but i am used to their communication level, people who started with Bannerlord does not know the quality of their previous work so it's easy to upset.

I honestly don't see a full release even possible until Q3/4 of 2023 at the earliest. This isn't throwing shade at Taleworlds either; it's just that Bannerlord is lightyears away from resembling anything close to a finished product. There is a mountain of work ahead and actually believing that the full release happens at any point in 2022 is naïve wishful thinking.

No. That is not what I said.
You don't have to, I can read between the lines. But I'm not going to get into a pissing match about this, either way the fact is people here on these forums are like a starving man begging for morsels. It would be nice if whomever makes the decisions that not giving out info on upcoming patches is way too restrictive.
Not sharing the details of upcoming patch content is nowhere near that. There have been a number of closed tests, open tests, clear and obvious developer - community interactions (here, on discord, youtube, etc.), and quite a lot of suggestions that made it into the game.

Distorting reality to the degree that this question does is counter productive.
Having closed tests or open tests is not what people are talking about. Yes Taleworlds has shared details but seriously this is ea and I've been involved in more than a few and Taleworlds interactions with fans is woefully lacking. There are times pre ea release we would go weeks without any kind of a blog post or update, or the community manager would go mia for months at a time from these forums, and the company President hasn't been seen on these forums in over 2 years. I'm not trying to pick on these people but just showing a company attitude that Taleworlds isn't concerned about communication with these forums. But this isn't just me saying it, but has been repeated again and again by many people over the years.
People have begged and pleaded for more info over the years and at times Taleworlds will get better. But after awhile these forums go right back to how they were. This hints at a company (not individual devs) that doesn't prioritize fans interaction or at least doesn't see the value of it. You can call it distortion but I'm entitled to my opinions just as you are to yours, But claiming that I'm distorting reality is being disingenuous. I'm not being emotional about this I'm trying to state what I see, but I guess you can disregard me as some forum troll or hater as you see fit. ?‍♂️

OMG @MostBlunted is freakin' muted again. I guess he's trying for some kind of record. :cry:

Which feature will you add with the next patch?
Or at least not "add" but "most likely to be added", so the community knows that this particular feature is close to be released. It is no big drama if it isn't added with the current patch, yet the community will know what is there to expect in the nearest future.

I just jump from 1.6.4 to 1.7.1 today and I'm disappointed, I gave a big jump in the versions, and didn't saw nothing special, I even think they complicated some things, before it was easy to assign formations in the menu, now doing this on the battle map is more complicated, I find it interesting to be able to assign a Commander to each formation, but there was no need to remove the previous system.

Take your time. Or I guess you could just ****ing mute me for five days because I'm obviously tRoLlInG.
Ah. Well. Okay, then. Congratulations, you got me trolled, I guess?

But claiming that I'm distorting reality is being disingenuous.
Claiming that there is no community involvement or that no community involvement is wanted is simply not true - and, to me, seems counter productive. Your new post is more nuanced.

Back
Top Bottom