SP - General Ukrainian localization

Users who are viewing this thread

I have seen previous thread, which was blocked. This thing interested me too, as I am from Ukraine. I just want to know, if it is possible Ukrainian language to be added? Yes, many Ukrainians understand russian, but I think a lot of our people would like to play the game with the Ukrainian localization, because the wide majority of Ukrainians consider Ukrainian as their native and most beloved language. Just want to see an official reply, if it is not possible, modders can do it by themselves.

I have seen previous thread, which was blocked. This thing interested me too, as I am from Ukraine. I just want to know, if it is possible Ukrainian language to be added? Yes, many Ukrainians understand russian, but I think a lot of our people would like to play the game with the Ukrainian localization, because the wide majority of Ukrainians consider Ukrainian as their native and most beloved language. Just want to see an official reply, if it is not possible, modders can do it by themselves.
There is English and Russian (which is speaken a lot in Ukraine) , i think even the presence of Russian language is already a big win and should be enough , at least for ukrainian gamers that do not speak english.
(in the end you can always check for mods for ukr translation)

But answering your question
" it is possible Ukrainian language to be added? "

Ofc it is possible , since there are different languages in the game , so i guess you wanted to ask if Devs will consider adding that language to the game, which is already a different question , not trying to be a pessimist but i doubt that it will happen , since even now we get a patch each 2+ months with so little content that it seems that modders are working harder on their mods then devs on the game itself)

There is English and Russian (which is speaken a lot in Ukraine) , i think even the presence of Russian language is already a big win and should be enough , at least for ukrainian gamers that do not speak english.
(in the end you can always check for mods for ukr translation)

But answering your question
" it is possible Ukrainian language to be added? "

Ofc it is possible , since there are different languages in the game , so i guess you wanted to ask if Devs will consider adding that language to the game, which is already a different question , not trying to be a pessimist but i doubt that it will happen , since even now we get a patch each 2+ months with so little content that it seems that modders are working harder on their mods then devs on the game itself)
It is offensive of you to say that russian is sufficient for Ukrainians. It's the same if you've said: "Oh, you have your native language with 40 millions speakers? How about to play with the language, which was forced to your nation in colonial way? Many Ukrainians don't speak russian fluently or even understand.

Last edited:
It is offensive of you to say that russian is sufficient for Ukrainians. It's the same if you've said: "Oh, you have your native language with 40 millions speakers? How about to play with the language, which was forced to your nation in colonial way? Many Ukrainians don't speak russian fluently or even understand.
So should i be offended then aswell? , since i live in Moldova where we have over 50% russian speakers and 50% romanian speakers , ahould i be bragging about why romanian is not in the game? (I gave u an answer and my opinion , since you will not get one from the developers)

I can understand this. It is nothing more then understandable that you'd want to distance yourself from your invaders. Having a visual reminder that you're forced to play in their language in a game where you'd like to escape reality can be undesirable.

I think there are softening circumstances here which would allow for some sensitivity. Especially since most of us can't relate to their experiences.

I feel offended by the English language for all the bad things British used to do in the past. Therefore Tw needs to add my obscure native language to the game, thanks.

I agree with you, dude
Ukraine has become a different language from russian and a different culture a long time ago
but probably your hope is more with modders i think, unfortunaly

In the spirit of peaceful coexistence and sanctions, I propose the Russian language translation to be butchered with choice Ukrainian words, so no one would be offensively happy. Peace!

This thread was always going to lead to a cycle of :

Person A : Hey man, it's kind of similar to Russian.

Person B : How dare you! I'm so offended!

Person A : Come on, you are being too sensitive.

Blah blah blah blah etc. etc. etc.

In reality... I'm sure Ukrainian will indeed be added by mods. Like so many other things.

This is Taleworlds we are talking about after all.

Last edited:
I, as a fine Ukrainian specimen, think that's the biggest joke I've seen in a while
What exactly is joke to you?

I agree with you, dude
Ukraine has become a different language from russian and a different culture a long time ago
but probably your hope is more with modders i think, unfortunaly
It hasn't "became", it was always different

In the spirit of peaceful coexistence and sanctions, I propose the Russian language translation to be butchered with choice Ukrainian words, so no one would be offensively happy. Peace!
Funny (no)

This thread was always going to lead to a cycle of :

Person A : Hey man, it's kind of similar to Russian.

Person B : How dare you! I'm so offended!

Person A : Come on, you are being too sensitive.

Blah blah blah blah etc. etc. etc.

In reality... I'm sure Ukrainian will indeed be added by mods. Like so many other things.

This is Taleworlds we are talking about after all.
He wasn't saying that the languages are kinda similar, but that Ukrainians should be sufficient with russian.

It hasn't "became", it was always different
sure, sry.... as far i know from history things it was close for years, that's what i meant. I know the history that the Rurikids ruled from Grand Principalty of Kiev, but later then the Moscow under Ivan became the facto leadership in the region unifying into the empire. I'm not saying you guys are the same, if anyone belongs to anyone is Russia that belongs to Ukraine not other wise :p

Games don't tend to include languages based on the political sensibilities of the time but the relevance of its speaker player base. Ukrainian may have 40-80mil native speakers but if that doesn't translate into the size of the Ukrainian customer base, it just doesn't make fiscal sense to bother. Besides, "just learn English" is never an inadequate reason. If you don't already have an acceptable grasp of the language in your adulthood in the 21th century, video games are an optimal place to start.
That being said, Delando est Russia

That being said, Delando est Russia Russia delenda est

1jf7.gif

Games don't tend to include languages based on the political sensibilities of the time but the relevance of its speaker player base. Ukrainian may have 40-80mil native speakers but if that doesn't translate into the size of the Ukrainian customer base, it just doesn't make fiscal sense to bother. Besides, "just learn English" is never an inadequate reason. If you don't already have an acceptable grasp of the language in your adulthood in the 21th century, video games are an optimal place to start.
That being said, Delando est Russia
just because english ironically became de lingua franca, doesn't mean everyone knows or will learn. Because it's not everybody that leaves their country or will one day have contact with that language (although impossible), but just saying to someone "learn english" is completely ignorant of someone part.

You know that's how I had initially remembered it but then a Google search did me over.
just because english ironically became de lingua franca, doesn't mean everyone knows or will learn. Because it's not everybody that leaves their country or will one day have contact with that language (although impossible), but just saying to someone "learn english" is completely ignorant of someone part.
It's not just everyone we're talking about when it comes to the sorts of people who play Bannerlord, who are generally active around Internet circles which already require the most basic knowledge of English. If the addition of Ukrainian localisation is supposed to target an audience of rural babushkas or teens then it's even less operatively viable. It's not wrong or unreasonable to expect the modern Internet dweller to possess the fundamentals of its lingua franca.
If the argument is that TW has an ethical responsibility to provide localisation for its Ukrainian costumers, that's assuming it has any ethical responsibilities beyond what legal requirements obligate. And by that assumption, doing right by the community takes utmost priority as a step towards ethical company conduct. Otherwise they'd simply be encouraged to put in the relatively low effort and low risk of adding another language as a sign of solidarity with what is internationally considered a just cause and consequently be celebrated by the more braindead of M&B circles (aka reddit); and we wouldn't want of that, would we?

Back
Top Bottom