Surgeon in Army

Users who are viewing this thread

MadDog001

Recruit
How come my surgeons level and perks don't apply to members of my army? I have a kingdom, 2 companions that lead parties and they are both in my army now, but whenever I engage any enemies with them, I have way less casualties than my companions. My surgeon has the doctor's oath perk, so even the enemy we engage has a better killed/wounded ratio than them, what the hell is up with that? Why do my surgeons perks not affect members of my own army, especially if they are also members of my own clan? Shouldn't the surgeon with the highest level in the army attend to all parties within the army or at least the doctor's oath perk apply to all parties present on the battlefield, foe AND friend?

Because that would be useful and reasonable, so it simply can't be so. I leave my family all as governors (cept sister.... *** you aitheen lol)because yeah, they gonna die sooner or later if you let them fight. I even got the 250 leadership but it just goes to waste because it's just not worth even bothering to make parties from disposable wanderers... except for when I had to... to get the leadership...that I don't use...it's vicious cycle.

I think it would be good to use the highest skill of the allied side, but also let each leader still gain skill, like they're all working together to save troops.

@MadDog001 , a possible explanation is how you created your campaign. Perhaps you enabled "easy" with respect to own-party casualties. In that case, other parties, even in your clan, would not get lighter losses.

My surgeon has the doctor's oath perk, so even the enemy we engage has a better killed/wounded ratio than them, what the hell is up with that?
Omegalul, best part is you don't get xp for healing them :smile:. No idea why that happens tbh. It's kinda reasonable. Since you can't nurse 1200 troops on your own, but only your own party.
I can already imagine what an army vs army would look like if one side had a good surgeon. I understand the frustration, but I would say it's an attempt in balancing skills.
@MadDog001 , a possible explanation is how you created your campaign. Perhaps you enabled "easy" with respect to own-party casualties. In that case, other parties, even in your clan, would not get lighter losses.
Nope, I did some tests with my companions skills. Medicine and steward are only ones affecting their parties in noticable ways. Mainly medicine reducing the casualties. I lvl it up on all my party leaders.

Far as i know with Bannerlord you have to set the Surgeon in the party menu or it defaults to party leader, seems to work better if you set it under party anyway, this way your nominating who is doctor for that party.

Remember with focus now it add's to your rate to learn the skill as you use it, so high INT and focus in Surgery yields quicker skill gain then perks along the skill line improve the skill for the party..

Party skills don't combine in this game usually you have to set what member is in charge Quarter Master, Scout, Surgeon & Siege Engineer, but there should be more categories like.
Rouge Master: Rouge skill... Applies to betting in tournaments so would be good to be able to set someone with high skill for party.
Merchant: Trade Skills the party uses as primary skill user.
Diplomat: Charm related social requirements in some settings.

Surgeons not only save troops after battles they won't die with good surgeons just be wounded if they fall during battle so they can be healed overtime with the same skill, It works a few ways, It also heals your character and companions while traveling over the map or resting at towns, perks make the skill have different values so it may effect you're party more while mobile , stationary or garrisoned.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom