[1.7.2] AI less prone to declare wars.

Users who are viewing this thread

AJAJP_Juan

Sergeant Knight
I have been playing on the last beta branch in sandbox for already 4 years ingame, and I have noticed when looking for warring kingdoms to serve as mercenary, that most kingdoms are at peace. At the moment of writing, the only war going on is between Battania against both North empire and Vlandia, the rest of factions are at peace. And I have checked khuzaits since the beginning aiming to force recruit noble sons, and have been only in two wars, one only spanning less than a month. Another thing to mention is that barely any fief has changed hands, and have been no rebellions so far.

Has anyone experienced something like this? Or is it just normal in a short amount of time?

I have been playing on the last beta branch in sandbox for already 4 years ingame, and I have noticed when looking for warring kingdoms to serve as mercenary, that most kingdoms are at peace. At the moment of writing, the only war going on is between Battania against both North empire and Vlandia, the rest of factions are at peace. And I have checked khuzaits since the beginning aiming to force recruit noble sons, and have been only in two wars, one only spanning less than a month. Another thing to mention is that barely any fief has changed hands, and have been no rebellions so far.

Has anyone experienced something like this? Or is it just normal in a short amount of time?
So far ive seen 1.7.2 have completely stale games similar to what you've described and really active games, they seem to hinge on the financial state of the world.

I'm curious, whats the financial state of your world? If you go the encyclopedia in the clans section you can sort by wealth, could you fill out a table like this?

FactionVery PoorPoorAverageRichVery rich
Aserai
Battania
Khuzait
Northern
Southern
Western
Sturgia
Vlandia

Yes, in my game some kingdoms have been at their starting war for several years with no other wars being decleared or the starting ones being peaced out.
I havent seen anything like this since 1.5.0 (is your game new or from old patches?), i may be asking to much but you could you use cheats to join each kingdom and see how long the war has lasted? If you go to the diplomacy screen you should be able to see the days like below.

igYlBIx.png

I'm curious, whats the financial state of your world?
Sure, here it is:

Aserai07200
Battania04400
Khuzait09000
Northern07200
Southern04500
Western04320
Sturgia08100
Vlandia08210

I have been the last season beating Khuzaits lords, which may have had an impact. Regarding minor factions, they are all sitting at Very Poor.

Also, Im not sure if this has an impact on world (clans) wealth, but I have noticed all this caravans "trapped" in this loop for years now:

OK2JW.png

May be of use to you @SadShogun @Flesson19

? Yeah maybe they'll be ready for me this time!

So far though I've had 2 extra wars declared on me, not counting the khuzait who I attacked and took fiefs from. Almost immediately Rhageae declared war on me and I had to start my new faction with beating back a S empire army every 3rd day or so while fighting the Khuzaits. After about a month of beat down I was able to make peace with her paying me 1.5k a day. Then the Aserai declared war on me, but I was able to make peace without even fighting them once, paying 1.5k to them a day, so Rhageae pays me and I pay the Aserai and I get no distractions while I occupy all the Khuzait fiefs one by one.

I get that it really annoying if you join a faction and make a big expensive army of clan parties and then the ruler makes peace. It is noticeable in a vassal game on 1.7.2 that even normally aggressive faction like Vlandia seem to take long breaks from war.

However it's actually really good to just fight on you own once you're rank 2 or so, even if no good merc contract is around. Just attack the faction you intended to make a faction in at rank 4 and get a head start in weakening them by hunting all their single parties and small armies. Since they can't make peace with you they can never really recover from your attacks. Sure they will get endless armies until you literally lock them all up (but still merc keep coming) but the parties will be weaker and a bit smaller.

Sure, here it is:

Aserai07200
Battania04400
Khuzait09000
Northern07200
Southern04500
Western04320
Sturgia08100
Vlandia08210

I have been the last season beating Khuzaits lords, which may have had an impact. Regarding minor factions, they are all sitting at Very Poor.

Also, Im not sure if this has an impact on world (clans) wealth, but I have noticed all this caravans "trapped" in this loop for years now:

OK2JW.png

May be of use to you @SadShogun @Flesson19
I have noticed some minor clans sitting low on troops like they cant afford to recruit anymre

I'm noticed my 13 clans aren't doing Jack poo during war! I started the war and swept through capturing about 80% of the aserai lords and after 20+ day NO ARMIES or SIEGES have been launched by my vassals! In the previous war they at least attempted 2 sieges and finished one (to my surprise). The Lordy of tepes castle even has the audacity to move for peace: WHY? Why does she care she has tepes castle, nobody in Aserai can ever get up their! The peace gets canceled without me resolving it, with no explanation. I think "The game" needs to inform me, the player and ruler of all these on goings and reasons.

I really want to order my vassals around, I think is big poo in the bed to not add that. Where's the game? I made clans and now they too stupid (somehow worse then in past games) to do anything and I also can't give them orders. Do you think I want to make a 2k army and just bulldoze everything? I don't, I want them to autonomously siege while I siege.

I want to give orders and use strategy AND have fast paced action!

But have you tried all three awesome stances to fix your issue?
Yes in fact I have. It's completely indiscernible to me what if any effect they have. I just don't get the point of wanting the AI to not be under your control but also making it so stupid and useless. Just let me boss them around, if I **** it up then it's my fault, I'm the player: It's okay for me to **** up, it's not okay for the AI to **** up perpetually. Like if order them into 3 armies and send them at 3 fiefs and it doesn't work and they all get defeated and the enemy bonks me on the head and pushes me down the stairs.... it's my fault and I learn a lesson, that makes the game interesting.

Do not worry I am sure all these issues will be fixed in 2022 Q2 Release Date, they can do it and there won't be any delays again, the whole 2021 Q4 Release date was clearly too much.

I'm noticed my 13 clans aren't doing Jack poo during war! I started the war and swept through capturing about 80% of the aserai lords and after 20+ day NO ARMIES or SIEGES have been launched by my vassals! In the previous war they at least attempted 2 sieges and finished one (to my surprise). The Lordy of tepes castle even has the audacity to move for peace: WHY? Why does she care she has tepes castle, nobody in Aserai can ever get up their! The peace gets canceled without me resolving it, with no explanation. I think "The game" needs to inform me, the player and ruler of all these on goings and reasons.

I really want to order my vassals around, I think is big poo in the bed to not add that. Where's the game? I made clans and now they too stupid (somehow worse then in past games) to do anything and I also can't give them orders. Do you think I want to make a 2k army and just bulldoze everything? I don't, I want them to autonomously siege while I siege.

I want to give orders and use strategy AND have fast paced action!
Not just yours, AI decision making seems borked at the moment. After Blood Gryphon input I thought that poverty was the issue, but I have seen while beating the Khuzaits (with 90% of lords in prison), armies from sturgia and empire start sieges and abandon them without motive.

However it's actually really good to just fight on you own once you're rank 2 or so, even if no good merc contract is around. Just attack the faction you intended to make a faction in at rank 4 and get a head start in weakening them by hunting all their single parties and small armies. Since they can't make peace with you they can never really recover from your attacks. Sure they will get endless armies until you literally lock them all up (but still merc keep coming) but the parties will be weaker and a bit smaller.

The part about not makeing peace with you is "true" as in they cant initate the peace, but you can if you want to, by typically haveing to pay them a 1 time heavy fee of denars.

The part where you are still just a clan and not a "faction" aka "playerland" is abit ehem imo.
Take a fief from a rebel faction - never declare yourself king - no one will attack you ever(ok ok, so I've only done it for 10 yrs just to have some fun with it, makeing the most prosperous city in Calradia).
The day after I declared myself a kingdome - Vlandia declares war on you..

They sort of need to add in a "layer" of diplomacy for when players do things like this, or if you get captured as a "banditlord" you should be executed, game over(unless you have heirs to take over the reins).

Back
Top Bottom