Custom Servers Beta Test & Battle Mode

Users who are viewing this thread

Meh. Bad archers are those players who refuse to move upwards, forgoing map control. Cav and inf as melee classes at least force players to interact directly with enemy

Definitely not with the release and most likely not for some time yet. Honestly, I don't even want to give a tentative estimate at this stage, but it is something we are working towards.
Just to clarify, when you say "release" do you mean the release of the custom servers? Or the release of the game?

still not getting you, could you mark it on my map?
50cQG.png
Come on, everyone knows that South America is somewhere beyond Mexico. But this damn map doesn't even have a pointer to Mexico. What a stupid map!?!
Wait, but where is all the water on this map? The water is blue, everyone knows that. Am I missing something apocalyptic? Are there no more oceans?
Please don't scare me, bring back the blue water and the direction sign for Mexico on this map.

Archers yes could be as much of a nuisance as cav, but they just damage you, they don't also block your swings and make you tilted, and it takes alot less skill to figure out how to be a good archer, and even less skill to figure how to use inf correctly, in warband unless you were willing to spend about 1k hours on just learning cav there was no point to play it except for fun, and it wasn't that fun, in bannerlord cav is fun to play, they just made it feel weighty and flowy, it's fantastic, but there are even more tricks to playing cav now, but as with Warband if you aren't good with cav you aren't going to be effective with them at all.
Archers headshotting me is as annoying as cav doing it. Maybe cav standing in the way is an additional annoyance, I agree. I disagree on the point of using inf correctly, after repeatingly being teamhit by them (sometimes I dont even need enemies to die). It seems to me a lot of inexperienced players are not used to inputting attack directions, which is a bigger problem if they are inf compared to cav (because they are usually closer to teammates therefore teamhitting more. Especially if they take two handers and start doing side attacks.

Did you seriously not think about this for more then a second lol
(Also can we grow up here, what is with your childish attitude?)
Yea mb. sorry

Finally, my Server is waiting since 2 Years! Even i had to wait i will forget all the anger when this will be released very soon.

84e_Siege (when we get it)
84e_Battle

Incoming.

Exciting news! Really looking forward to private hosted servers. The 16th community would be more than happy to help if needed!

The moment the community gets their hands to the private servers i think the multiplayer aspect of Bannerlord will skyrocket.

Not entirely, if there's no custom maps and no modded servers, why on earth would I play on someone else's server when standard TW servers provide the same? We'd just end up with more servers with no players, something that's been evident for the past two years. Step forward for sure, but let's not start making bold headlines assuming that it'll skyrocket.

Maybe I'm out the loop, but isn't Skirmish locked to MM? Or can private servers host Skirmish themselves?

Not entirely, if there's no custom maps and no modded servers, why on earth would I play on someone else's server when standard TW servers provide the same? We'd just end up with more servers with no players, something that's been evident for the past two years. Step forward for sure, but let's not start making bold headlines assuming that it'll skyrocket.

Maybe I'm out the loop, but isn't Skirmish locked to MM? Or can private servers host Skirmish themselves?
Skirmish can be played on any server, same with captain mode.

But i agree on the first phrase, custom servers will breathe life for a while because people can organize events, but without actual modding support it will be undesirable for modders to start to bunk their head on reverse engineering the files to start working on their mod when it can break anytime.

Custom servers as they are right now don't change the situation. You will get some minor interest for a few weeks with Battle, but that will die away pretty soon. Without custom maps and modding capability, you're still playing the same stagnant sub-par game, shackled to the silly design decisions. And Battle doesn't fit the mold this game was designed for either. Making the servers extensively moddable should be the priority.

What server and what gamemode? I have had very few crashes while running the servers so far.

If you're talking about battle mode, the servers are shutting down intentionally because if you let it go to the second map it is very buggy. Some players won't be able to see the scoreboard, some players will crash, and many people won't have any gold. So rather than having a bunch of people disconnect/reconnect and miss a couple of rounds, it's best to just restart the server.
Battle, DR. Some of it probably was end of the games ye but for sure some were not and were just mid round.

I meant custom map and mod support would not come with the initial release of the server files.
Not exactly expecting an answer to this as it's still early days, but with players managing to mod and play with custom maps back in the beta days, has this been specifically disabled now or would it result in servers being taken down?

The second that players can test and play with custom maps, the multiplayer scene will get a huge influx of content and most definitely a huge influx of players with that too.

Not exactly expecting an answer to this as it's still early days, but with players managing to mod and play with custom maps back in the beta days, has this been specifically disabled now or would it result in servers being taken down?

The second that players can test and play with custom maps, the multiplayer scene will get a huge influx of content and most definitely a huge influx of players with that too.

I think some modding teams have already shown some of the possibilities on the multiplayer modding front already so it is probably only a matter of time... However, we won't be officially supporting mods at this stage.

Back
Top Bottom