Battle mode has been released?

Users who are viewing this thread

I have just played for 4 rounds before the sever gone,it was pretty fun(Why i cant cheer btw).But I couldn't search the sever then.Was it just a bug that someone opened the server by mistake?Anyway,TW plz releases the battle mode as soon as possible! :' (

Yeah it was great fun for the 4 rounds I played. There was another custom server, 'GK Bot TDM'
I can't find any official posts about it though.
A2E653DBA47DDB62A1EE6DC968175E7E48B6CCA7

I had fun playing battle but I hope they don't release it at its current state. It's literally skirmish with just 1 life. At least remove class system and add warband-like equipment selection, or change the economy in battle mode.
Yeah it was great fun for the 4 rounds I played. There was another custom server, 'GK Bot TDM'
I can't find any official posts about it though.
A2E653DBA47DDB62A1EE6DC968175E7E48B6CCA7
GK Bot TDM is players fighting against other players and ai in tdm.

.... It's literally skirmish with just 1 life....

facepalm-really.gif

I hope you're wrong, the worst mode they could have based it on.

...So its not Battlemode then, at least to me its not.

Wth is going on, we barely hear anything from TW for years in regards to MP updates (MP desperately needs some TLC!) and they magically appear and add s****y skins and sprinkle snow on maps and f off. Community asks for Battle mode and the devs go ":unsure: hmmmm Ba...Battle?....na ...another varient of Skirmish mode, for sure!".

These can't be the same people that developed Warband, they come across as -snip-
TW I want my money back, this game was originally sold to us as Warband 2.0 (you gave Warband players a discount); and somehow its miles worse, its like Warband beta!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey!

The servers you can see going up are part of us testing server files with a couple of community members. They chose to host Battle mode (which they are allowed to), but it's still very much work in progress.

There will be a couple of updates to Battle Mode with 1.7.2. With adjustments to all the 3 maps it comes with, flag timings, gold gain system and also special troop costs just for Battle Mode. The class system will 100% stay for Battle mode though.

So please keep that in mind. And have fun testing :smile:

First things first, the current Battle mode is already quite fun and, as NIN3 already confirmed, the class system is here to stay. I understand if people aren't super thrilled about it, but playing for 2+ years now I've gotten quite used to it and it's not ruining the fun for me at all.
The thing about flags is, considering how Warband worked, that decision flags would pop up anyway and having three points of interest right away focuses the players quite well.
Honestly, playing on Skirmish maps with 40v40 or, currently 50v50 (Gotha's server yesterday, DR_Battlegrounds now, same thing) was good fun and I'm happy to see that the regular Skirmish maps work quite well with that number of people, not just in terms of performance - which is always a work in progress - but conceptually. The dedicated battle maps will probably be larger in size though and more open (think Field by the river/Ruins style).
So before people dismiss it and moan, just have a go. Considering we're much closer to proper custom servers now, that opens the door to a number of exciting perspectives, (e.g.: mods)

Awesome, I certainly wasn't expecting even public tests for a few more months. TDM with bots sounds like a ton of fun too. Hopefully this can get released to the greater public soon :smile:

First things first, the current Battle mode is already quite fun and, as NIN3 already confirmed, the class system is here to stay. I understand if people aren't super thrilled about it, but playing for 2+ years now I've gotten quite used to it and it's not ruining the fun for me at all.
The thing about flags is, considering how Warband worked, that decision flags would pop up anyway and having three points of interest right away focuses the players quite well.
Honestly, playing on Skirmish maps with 40v40 or, currently 50v50 (Gotha's server yesterday, DR_Battlegrounds now, same thing) was good fun and I'm happy to see that the regular Skirmish maps work quite well with that number of people, not just in terms of performance - which is always a work in progress - but conceptually. The dedicated battle maps will probably be larger in size though and more open (think Field by the river/Ruins style).
So before people dismiss it and moan, just have a go. Considering we're much closer to proper custom servers now, that opens the door to a number of exciting perspectives, (e.g.: mods)
It has been a lot more enjoyable for sure. But honestly, the interesting thing of the whole thing is the custom servers. Battle really isn't much without custom servers and i am glad they are somehow going to release around the same time.

facepalm-really.gif

I hope you're wrong, the worst mode they could have based it on.

...So its not Battlemode then, at least to me its not.

Wth is going on, we barely hear anything from TW for years in regards to MP updates (MP desperately needs some TLC!) and they magically appear and add s****y skins and sprinkle snow on maps and f off. Community asks for Battle mode and the devs go ":unsure: hmmmm Ba...Battle?....na ...another varient of Skirmish mode, for sure!".

These can't be the same people that developed Warband, they come across as a bunch of mental health patients milling around covering themselves in faeces.
TW I want my money back, this game was originally sold to us as Warband 2.0 (you gave Warband players a discount); and somehow its miles worse, its like Warband beta!
Just wait for custom servers lol. It's very obvious by now that TW won't ever remove class system, which I think is good for skirmish and captain modes but not for battle. Battle mode is going to be fun even with class system.

I'm hoping someone mods this in but I would prefer it was done by the devs.
I don't think devs will remove class system or modify it for battle mode. They refused to do so since beta. I've gotten used to the class system but it doesn't belong in battle mode.

I have the feeling it actually works in battle in a different level than people imagined: if you take a high gold class, you better bring the corresponding impact to the field. Or you, well, had your fun on it and go back to cheap class. Gold spent can just be regained by removing other agents from the field.

You pick 200 gold class? Either survive and kill 2+ or make at least 3+ other people watch the game rather than participating.

Far too little, too late. Totally irrelevant because of it's timing. And will be dead on arrival due to it still being shackled to (now that the dust has settled) the most game-killing intentional decision I've seen in multiplayer game development. And no this statement isn't hyperbole.

The only relevant thing for multiplayer is the same thing that's been the only relevant thing for 2 years now; and that's private servers. Everything else is a waste of time and effort for both TaleWorlds and the community.

The 40v40s were crazy and a lot of fun. Things like crashes and lag will be fixed I'm sure, but some game-based things stood out to me:

Snowballing
I don't know how the economy works in 6v6 or 8v8, but with high player-counts the snowball effect seems to be quite significant and makes it hard for a team to come back. (But not impossible.)

Cavalry and gold
As in TDM, cav seems like the best class by far at generating gold since you can farm unaware players, which allows you to keep playing cav. To some extent it feels like Heavy Cav is the only class capable of reliably getting enough gold to go Heavy Cav again, which reminds me of an upper class being the only ones wealthy enough to generate more wealth lol.

Stacking and swapping sides
Side-stacking is quite painful, as all of NA's regulars pick one side to stack and then mop the other side up with cav. Last night people with 0-2 were top of the non-stacked team and often a single kill is enough for MVP. On EU, I've seen players swap to the winning team as well, although there's no larger coordination to stack one side. These things are to be expected, but it does take away some of the fun when the rounds aren't remotely close and then people gravitate to the already-stomping side.

There will be a couple of updates to Battle Mode with 1.7.2. With adjustments to all the 3 maps it comes with:smile:
Do you plan to add option to choose some open field maps like the ones you can choose from custom battles in singleplayer? Or maybe even all the captain mode maps since some are also pretty open.

Do you plan to add option to choose some open field maps like the ones you can choose from custom battles in singleplayer? Or maybe even all the captain mode maps since some are also pretty open.
Singleplayer maps cant be hosted since they are missing the spawnpoints. You can host captain and skirmish maps with battle though, they are compatible.

The 40v40s were crazy and a lot of fun. Things like crashes and lag will be fixed I'm sure, but some game-based things stood out to me:

Snowballing
I don't know how the economy works in 6v6 or 8v8, but with high player-counts the snowball effect seems to be quite significant and makes it hard for a team to come back. (But not impossible.)

Cavalry and gold
As in TDM, cav seems like the best class by far at generating gold since you can farm unaware players, which allows you to keep playing cav. To some extent it feels like Heavy Cav is the only class capable of reliably getting enough gold to go Heavy Cav again, which reminds me of an upper class being the only ones wealthy enough to generate more wealth lol.

Stacking and swapping sides
Side-stacking is quite painful, as all of NA's regulars pick one side to stack and then mop the other side up with cav. Last night people with 0-2 were top of the non-stacked team and often a single kill is enough for MVP. On EU, I've seen players swap to the winning team as well, although there's no larger coordination to stack one side. These things are to be expected, but it does take away some of the fun when the rounds aren't remotely close and then people gravitate to the already-stomping side.
The costs for classes in Battle will change with 1.7.2 quite a lot. Also I adjusted the gold gain quite a bit, to counter snowballing more.

But yeah stacking and swapping sides will just naturally happen on non matchmaking servers.

Are we gonna expect new maps thats only for battle?
Yes. 3 new maps just for Battle (1 small, 2 big) and a new Captain mode map. We are also working on more skirmish maps but unsure if they will be in the official queue yet.

Far too little, too late. Totally irrelevant because of it's timing. And will be dead on arrival due to it still being shackled to (now that the dust has settled) the most game-killing intentional decision I've seen in multiplayer game development. And no this statement isn't hyperbole.

The only relevant thing for multiplayer is the same thing that's been the only relevant thing for 2 years now; and that's private servers. Everything else is a waste of time and effort for both TaleWorlds and the community.

Singleplayer maps cant be hosted since they are missing the spawnpoints. You can host captain and skirmish maps with battle though, they are compatible.
How about you add spawn points to the single player maps? Is that not in the budget? The single player maps more closely resemble WB scale maps and would be better suited to battle mode.

Back
Top Bottom