option for lances to break and infantry to drop spear

Users who are viewing this thread

RodLimitless

Recruit
one of my biggest pet peeves is that infantry easily put their spears on their backs in 1 second while simultaneously taking out their next weapon.

Please please, if rolling through weapons make it so it takes 5 seconds as it would take idk, under heat of battle, what 4 seconds to properly put a spear on the back and 1 to take out the other weapon, or just make it so they drop the spears on the ground the moment they want to take out a sword and such, as it would be more realistic.

same thing with cavalry man. make it so every lance has idk at least a 25% chance of breaking man. i've ridden horses and lanced at watermelons, one time the self made lance me and friends made, literally broke jsut from hitting the block of wood. i'd imagine hitting an armored person with forward momentum would only further break lances, not to mention all the historical records we have from famous cavalry nations, from mongols, to polish hussars, to even italian wars and Napoleon, they would have TRAINS of lances ready so when the first wave of cav hit, it'd go back to the tranwagon, get a new lance, and thus the next charge.

obviously in this case, im not saying add a supply wagon in battle, but do make it so that lances from heavy cav have a chance to break and idk, maybe make it so it's viable for cav elite civs (vlandia) to carry 3 lances and 1 sword, as, would be more realistic tbh.

one of my biggest pet peeves is that infantry easily put their spears on their backs in 1 second while simultaneously taking out their next weapon.

Please please, if rolling through weapons make it so it takes 5 seconds as it would take idk, under heat of battle, what 4 seconds to properly put a spear on the back and 1 to take out the other weapon, or just make it so they drop the spears on the ground the moment they want to take out a sword and such, as it would be more realistic.

same thing with cavalry man. make it so every lance has idk at least a 25% chance of breaking man. i've ridden horses and lanced at watermelons, one time the self made lance me and friends made, literally broke jsut from hitting the block of wood. i'd imagine hitting an armored person with forward momentum would only further break lances, not to mention all the historical records we have from famous cavalry nations, from mongols, to polish hussars, to even italian wars and Napoleon, they would have TRAINS of lances ready so when the first wave of cav hit, it'd go back to the tranwagon, get a new lance, and thus the next charge.

obviously in this case, im not saying add a supply wagon in battle, but do make it so that lances from heavy cav have a chance to break and idk, maybe make it so it's viable for cav elite civs (vlandia) to carry 3 lances and 1 sword, as, would be more realistic tbh.
and gonna mention, I AM that nerd that does drop the spear the moment i take out the sword LOL. so, the enemy AI should do the same for the sake of immersion >D :LOL:

In SP battles, although on paper it sounds moderately fine; I think that if it were to be applied it would be more of a problem than an advantage/option to broaden the playable experience.

The two scenarios that in my eyes could be interesting, would be in SP arenas/tournaments (it would gameplay conditioning - adaptation) and as a server option when custom servers are provided (example: drop poleams when switch weapon, broken lances % probability, etc...) in MP for hardcore servers.

As much as I would love some added realism, this definitely ain't happening in vanilla. It basically goes completely contrary to TW's vision for the game. They want it to be a "fast paced combat with RPG elements", and this would slow down combat by a fair bit. Not to mention they would have to make the AI somehow take throwing away spears into consideration in its logic.

Warband mods like Viking Conquest and A World of Ice and Fire did this and made lances break after 1 or 2 shots, so definitely won't be missing this feature.
I've played 100's of hours of both and I ****ing hated that crap. I always looked for types that didn't break, I couldn't be asked to worry about a weapon breaking mid-battle. It's like the idea of stamina in VC. It sounded great on paper but was just a nuisance. I just want to have fun and not micro-manage every detail, just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom