Multiplayer Should be free to play or less than 10 euro.

Users who are viewing this thread

DeathBG

Squire
Taleworlds wants to make this game a popular E-sports title but the game is 50 $ for EU and NA players. For example, popular games like Valorant,CSGO,LoL,Dota 2 are free to play and have thousands of players. Today there is 23,000 players playing Bannerlord as we speak and 22,000 of them are playing SP even more than that. MP barely has any players and it's going to die and have the same 300 players playing it and when MP mods are released it's questionable if they will even play native MP.

How to make this game great?
1. Finish the work on ranked matchmaking.
2. Restrict SP and all mod content so Free2Play players can only play MP and no MP mods and SP content.
3. If you don't want to make the game free lower the price so MP is much cheaper and acessible to more players.

Taleworlds wants to make this game a popular E-sports title
They don't. Bro read the page of the steam page. It's anything except that. You could rephrase it they want the MP to be esport worthy but even then, you're wrong.

2. Restrict SP and all mod content so Free2Play players can only play MP and no MP mods and SP content.
3. If you don't want to make the game free lower the price so MP is much cheaper and acessible to more players.
What about you let it be fully released first.

What about you let it be fully released first.
You know that's never going to happen. Considering the radio silence between announcement and Early Access, i think the best course of action is to treat Bannerlord's March 2020 release like a finished game with all major content updates since being something along the lines of free DLC

You know that's never going to happen. Considering the radio silence between announcement and Early Access, i think the best course of action is to treat Bannerlord's March 2020 release like a finished game with all major content updates since being something along the lines of free DLC
Yes, let's make bannerlord MP free to play without even considering the effect custom servers have, knowing fully well servers are what everyone is waiting for to even install the game in the first place.

For example, popular games like Valorant,CSGO,LoL,Dota 2 are free to play and have thousands of players.
M&B is a very "required taste" type of game, people don't come by this by chance like you do with all the other games you mentioned... you have to search for it... And it sadness me but this type of genre isn't very appealing to your evarage gamer...

Even if the game was free I doubt it would change anything... maybe the amout of toxicity would increase... just that.
Also I hate that TW is forcing this Esports thingy when we all know it's never gonna work... most people that I know that love and play this game just want epic battles and sieges, Yet we don't have private servers or some of the tools to have a good multiplayer experience... MP is still very raw atm

Taleworlds never intended for Bannerlord to be an e-sport.

Evidence: They never added spectator tools.

Also, the "competitive scene" of this game is like 50 balding boomer men.

I actually paid to play Multiplayer as well as Singleplayer and the devs won't either fix my crashes, give SA a server and neither let us host one, so I effectively can say I've been scammed, I take my right to say so

even halo is free to play nowadays(multiplayer only)

very few people would pay to play multiplayer games because most of the popular games are free now

this game isnt a shooter so people are not used to it

if people would give this game a chance (and battle mode was in the game) im sure people would pay for the single player experience

for now maybe a demo would be suitable if taleworlds doesnt want to give anything away?

its sad bc im sure if this game (multiplayer) was free then it would be very big

even halo is free to play nowadays(multiplayer only)

very few people would pay to play multiplayer games because most of the popular games are free now

this game isnt a shooter so people are not used to it

if people would give this game a chance (and battle mode was in the game) im sure people would pay for the single player experience

for now maybe a demo would be suitable if taleworlds doesnt want to give anything away?

its sad bc im sure if this game (multiplayer) was free then it would be very big
Steam has a feature to offer free weekend or periods to play the game. They could simply do that more often if people are unsure if they want to pay for the full game.

No multiplayer is truly free. If Bannerlord would suddenly become "Free2Play", it would mean that Taleworlds are monetizing it in a another way. I guess there would be more skins and possibility to convert real life currency to loot, so they would make something out of it. Okay it doesn't sound like a worst case scenario, but what would happen to multiplayer modding? I don't know any F2P mp game that supports modding and is free. It's like this for a good reason: Why would company allow something like modding when it can bypass all their in game store items and players can acquire them for free?

This would work only if Taleworlds somehow makes this a best game ever (doubt), but in all other cases it would harm the game even more to make it free.

No multiplayer is truly free. If Bannerlord would suddenly become "Free2Play", it would mean that Taleworlds are monetizing it in a another way. I guess there would be more skins and possibility to convert real life currency to loot, so they would make something out of it. Okay it doesn't sound like a worst case scenario, but what would happen to multiplayer modding? I don't know any F2P mp game that supports modding and is free. It's like this for a good reason: Why would company allow something like modding when it can bypass all their in game store items and players can acquire them for free?

This would work only if Taleworlds somehow makes this a best game ever (doubt), but in all other cases it would harm the game even more to make it free.
CS:GO has managed to make it work with modded community servers and still having a healthy native/competitive playerbase. Obviously there are alot of differences between a MP focused game like CS and bannerlord. Even if free players did gravitate more to the custom servers though, the popularity boost from this could mean more become interested in the singleplayer aspect of the game, which could result in more sales.

CS:GO has managed to make it work with modded community servers and still having a healthy native/competitive playerbase. Obviously there are alot of differences between a MP focused game like CS and bannerlord. Even if free players did gravitate more to the custom servers though, the popularity boost from this could mean more become interested in the singleplayer aspect of the game, which could result in more sales.
Oh yeah that's actually a good point. I never remember that it's a free game nowadays

CS:GO is a different breed of game. The game is world renown and at this point of CS:GO history, anyone who didn't have CS:GO before it went free to play, would never play the game. It's a good move to make your game free if you know all the people who were going to buy it, already bought it, which is rarely the case but is something very true to CS:GO.

They also implemented a system of having to buy prime to have basically "less" chance of playing with hackers on the competitive side, which is something they benefit greatly from.

It also helps the fact CS:GO relies mainly on it's gambling system to make a profit, i would guarantee it wouldn't be free to play if it wasn't for the significant if not almost complete income the skins and cases give in that game for valve.

So as Kripaz did say before, no multiplayer is truly free. In the case of CS they already had a monetization system in place.

No work should be done for free, devs should get constantly paid for their work. You could argue that sp part gives enough money income, but 1st, money income is never enough, and second, free sp would not have business value, which means mp devs would not have enough motivation and reasons to try hard to make mp good. You can think of it in another way - making mp free means to recieve less money, in comparision with b2p model it means to lose, spend money. Why would you spend money on something, that is probably have not paid off already and will require even more resources further on

Taleworlds wants to make this game a popular E-sports title but the game is 50 $ for EU and NA players. For example, popular games like Valorant,CSGO,LoL,Dota 2 are free to play and have thousands of players. Today there is 23,000 players playing Bannerlord as we speak and 22,000 of them are playing SP even more than that. MP barely has any players and it's going to die and have the same 300 players playing it and when MP mods are released it's questionable if they will even play native MP.

approve

Back
Top Bottom