No more holstered polearms, please

Users who are viewing this thread

It would be a lot more immersive (and less silly) if lance units would hold their poles in their hands and throw them to the ground if ordered to draw their swords. It would also make it more fun from a generals perspective to have to plan out where to use your lancers, as you could no longer just use them as generic shield infantry.
I've been unsuccessfully searching for a mod that'd fix this issue. If it exists I'd like to know.

It's a bit tawdry to advertise oneself; but as I'm a shameless person :iamamoron: , I'll say that I'd rather have my avatar polearms magically pop out of it ass than have them stuck to it back :lol: .

That's why I released Magic holsters some time ago.

---

Independently of what I mention, it would be interesting for Taleworlds to explore the possibility of carrying a number of javelins <3 or a short spear directly in the left hand. When the number is >3 these would remain in the pouches on the back (imo).Also, speaking of holsters, it would be interesting to introduce the forearm position for the shield (small shields) when not equipped; very much along the lines of what we have seen in Wfas. And notice the bow case; in Bannerlord the meshes exist but not currently available.
0522316a48f65bcc32c3f3dac3bc92cc.jpg
ss_93db5de1828279ba7b6ddbcd04cceee647a5f662.1920x1080.jpg

RBM among other mods have explored these two possibilities.

As for MP, in my opinion I would implement Vikingr's system. If a spear is unequipped it drops straight to the ground.

Last edited:
TW prefers their game to be fast-paced and action-oriented, and doing this would go against their great and wise vision, so the chance that they will do it is well below 0%.
Also, I don't know how good this would be for single player experience, given that bots' decision making(if we are generous enough to attribute something like that to them) is... questionable.

Also The Deluge did that, and Last Days of the Third Age had the forearm position for shields
Deluge. i was racking my brain a couple of months ago trying to find the name if that game and I couldn't find it anywhere even when I looked under the DLC content for M&B. I was thinking of this same exact topic as the OP mentioned. I guess I just imagine they are using some type of magical rifle sling to glue the axes and polearns to their backs.

Think I'm just gonna have to use the mod kit when the game's done to edit the units so they don't carry a bunch of different shields and weapons all at once.

it would be interesting for Taleworlds to explore the possibility of carrying a number of javelins <3 or a short spear directly in the left hand.
Someone please rub these on TW face, I really don't have the patience anymore :roll:

Someone please rub these on TW face, I really don't have the patience anymore :roll:
Regarding left hand positioning. Exactly, you get that with a simple tweak (tweak weapon use + hide holster mesh + holster tweak); I have something similar in a private mod but with the only difference that instead of activating the "reload from the back" animation when reloading javelin I defined "draw sword" as default for that action. In my eyes it looks better.

The only problem (which could be solved with a simple C# code) is the small conflict between this type of left hand draw and two-handed weapon use; they overlap and it looks ugly and unrealistic... I mean, having one javelin equiped when using a 2h axe.

Iirc slingshot animation was first worked on by bestmods and is the one that has been used in other mods such as CA Eagle Rising. The truth is that for the tools that were available at the time, it was quite an achievement.

If Taleworlds decides to implement the slingshot as such, obviously a mocap or an accurate manual animation of that kind of movements derived from its use is needed. We've already talked about this in other threads... hopefully they will implement it (I won't hold my breath of course).

I would support your wish if spears get so good in general combat that a soldier just draws his sidearm if the spear broke. Otherwise it does not fit the game to lose the polearm if drawing a sword/axe/mace.

I would support your wish if spears get so good in general combat that a soldier just draws his sidearm if the spear broke. Otherwise it does not fit the game to lose the polearm if drawing a sword/axe/mace.
That doesn't sound bad. Polearms could do with a buff regardless.

I agree. more attention should be paid to the tools of war.
after all, dropped spears can be picked up in the same way as arrows and javelins. AI already knows how to do it.
and no stupid spears on soldiers' backs. the spear must be in hand.

In MP, when I play lance cav and is dismounted, I find it a tiny bit annoying that I have to actively drop the lance (increase my speed) before I draw the sword. My character should just drop the lance when I draw the sword. You cant fight with a 3-5meter lance on your back. I would love it in SP as well.

(y)

Back
Top Bottom