The siege still isn't finished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Why are the shooters not occupying all positions (holes in the shooting tower) and all possible places? Why they shoot and do nothing for a few seconds. Going through the gate should be more costly in people. Why the infantry near the walls do not use shields, but stand and wait for fire. When will the real siege be?

Hey... it's not perfect but when you think about how it used to be.... it's amazing now. And the only answer you will get (about anything) from TW is " it will be ready when it's ready". So I would recommend chilling in the meantime.

Current iteration of sieges heavily biased to attacker favor, to the point there it is better to simulate if you are on defending side. I guess this is because attackers AI got some improvements while defenders still act as clueless muppets.

Hey... it's not perfect but when you think about how it used to be.... it's amazing now.
Amazing???! Is that the word you meant to use, or is it a bit of hyperbole? It has been so long since I last sojourned in Calradia...
giphy.gif

Again, the soldiers do not make full use of all ladders, but they have downtime. They can also (after destroying the unit at the gate) regroup all soldiers regroup under one faith. Archers more than once stand and admire the views. And the retreat to the fortress was kicked all over ... Why do you enter the great faith and kill the fugitives (but exactly, not all refugees go to the fortress, but where ???). Massacre.

Current iteration of sieges heavily biased to attacker favor,
I dont feel this is true. I was heavily outnumbered when I defended. It made so it was crucial that I take out thier siege tower with catapult. Hard fought but we won because I destroyed siege tower

The A.I is kind of confused. They seem to form blobs below and above the siege ladders...because reasons. I have seen attacking inf taking the walls and then decided to go back into a different direction to form a blob and the areas they cleared are filled back up with defending archers.

Archers stand in their appointed positions and don't choose the ideal position to take the shots; some attacking archers simply standing out in the open instead of using some form of cover. Inf not using their shields, even when attacking hideouts (like an archer literally in front of them readying their shot).

I don't understand the logic in creating the siege maps first then the siege mechanics after. I mean alot of the map is wasted and pointless, because the inner defensive areas of the castle aren't used properly and the siege mechanics currently in place are barebones.

But thats the recurring theme in this game, anything new that is added is half-baked. Crossbows were added without light variants so you couldn't advance the skill, perks were added that didn't work, the main quest that abruptly stopped half way, marriage, birth and death that doesn't make sense and doesn't seem to have any advantages and siege where they added the maps but the mechanics are a complete mess - I could go on.
This is not early access, it looks more like a beta.

Back
Top Bottom