Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2021-12-06_15.34.50_ac039cc8507d48716cbd1ba0229a1599

Nordous

Sergeant Knight
Crash ID: 2021-12-06_15.34.50_ac039cc8507d48716cbd1ba0229a1599

Summary: crashes even after Bannerlord was reinstalled in Steam. Sometimes Steam won't racognize the game is terminated for a long time or infinitely (can't relaunch Bannerlord, can't close via Steam button, have to relaunch Steam). Sometimes can terminate via task manager but bannerlord application is not listed there every time. A few times I saw some GPU error message but I can't replicate it.
How to Reproduce:
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Forwarded to the developers. Could you try updating your GPU Drivers by the way?

Just tried that, the crash persists unfortunatelly. So my current specs are:

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070
GPU Driver Version: 497.09 (just updated)
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41 GHz
RAM: 16 Gb

Last edited:
2021-12-07_23.37.48_87dc6a9a65ff9adf198ca15e7e84fd52

I am experiencing the same thing.
Summary: 1.6.5, unmodded, validated files, reinstalled, all to no help. Black screen after launching then crash.

How to Reproduce: Launching the game, the screen is black but I can hear the hammers of the starting video. When the video ends(I assume because I can only hear), the crash occurs.

Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
GPU Driver Version: 30.0.14.7196
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.00GHz
RAM: 24GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte H170M-D3H-CF
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Could you try this workaround and report back if it worked or not?

A certain fix for crashing after the TaleWorlds Video​

If you are experiencing a crash after the intro video, you can try the workaround below to fix it:
  • Navigate to this folder: "SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\GUI\GauntletUI"
  • And delete the “spriteData.xml” file. It is not necessary to verify the game files after this. The game will create the file again when it is launched again.

• Navigate to these folders: "SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\GUI and "SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\SandBox\GUI"
  • And delete the “NativeSpriteData.xml" and ”SandBoxSpriteData.xm" files under the respective module folder. It is not necessary to verify the game files after this. The game will create the file again when the game is launched again.
Could you try this one? It turns out I forgot to update the first one.

It seems there is a critical file that got deleted. You should perform a clean install and then verify the files. Could you try this?
Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II BannerlordNote: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

Back
Top Bottom