Beta Patch Notes e1.6.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Well ****. That makes this far less exciting of a feature.
Well as it was already mentioned here and in other threads, the feature itself is welcomed. But the work charge may be too big comparing to what it really adds to the game.
I don't know, maybe it will allow more synergies and options with planned and future tactical mechanics.
But Bannerlord is not an open world game in a true sense. Warband was divided into biomes from which the generated battle maps were formed (forested, snowy, desert, plains, tundra, etc. areas) and was combined with some other factors (such as hilly or mountainous area on the map would give those characteristics to the battle maps). The generation process was by itself wonky but it ensured that you did not get two same maps in any playthrough. Ever.

What Bannerlord has done was divide the areas into biomes too, but it they did not work the same. Instead of generating maps, they made some 30 maps by hand, and sorted them by biome. So when you fight in a forest area, it just picks from a pool of 10-ish forest maps made by the devs. This was obviously atrocious and so instead of refining and advancing the system that Warband had (which was by itself improved upon to a very good level by some mods), they opted to divide the map into 200 blocks, each having its own map. So that means that you get cliche sentences like "Hah! You get to choose your battlefield!" but it ultimately leads to fighting in the same spots over and over and over again, cheesing the maps you know. This was done, in my opinion, because TW knew that the AI would be even more horrible if it had to fend for itself on a map that didn't have two hand placed big boulders that said "AI RETREATS HERE WHEN IN DANGER".

So yeah, it can be both, but it will not. Battle maps will be bound to a strict pool of hand-made maps. And don't even get me started on adjusting the maps to fit the seasons. So every map, redone 4 times. 200x4. 800 maps to make. Good lord
Some fair points and may be not so far from reality...

Well as it was already mentioned here and in other threads, the feature itself is welcomed. But the work charge may be too big comparing to what it really adds to the game.
I don't know, maybe it will allow more synergies and options with planned and future tactical mechanics.

It's just more bare minimum work, to be honest.

Beta e1.6.5​

Will you fix the bug that automaticly changes line formation to square formation? It happens in a legion when a horseman leads archers. Whenever the inforcement comes into battlefield, archers' formation changes automaticly. This bug has last over a year and none of you deals with it?

Will you fix the bug that automaticly changes line formation to square formation? It happens in a legion when a horseman leads archers. Whenever the inforcement comes into battlefield, archers' formation changes automaticly. This bug has last over a year and none of you deals with it?
Did you send a save file? Their team of interns devs usually responds to tell you it's been fixed lol...

Sorry this is my problem with 1.65, look at the screen the image, since from the main menu is distorted can someone help me?thx
only happen in the beta not the main 1.64

I don't know, I may be wrong but the name is too obvious to be true...
300px-All_Right_Then%2C_Keep_Your_Secrets.jpg

Battanian again and again and again ??!
no one is hating a new addition of armors or clothes to the game at all , but it was for Battanian for a loooooong time ?!
I agree with you! Besides that I love kingdom lol
I dream of adding positions in the army something like battalion leader (5 people under your command) Captain (20) Sergeant (50) General (all the army) I get it from kingdom hahahaha

Back
Top Bottom