Neretzes benefits?

Users who are viewing this thread

Doofus

Sergeant
Soooo...has anyone found any actual benefit to doing the Neretzes folly quest? I mean, people will say it gives you the ability to start your own kingdom earlier, but it really doesn't. If you are able to start your own kingdom at level 3, then really the quest isn't giving you the ability to...its giving you permission to. Looked at another way, its unfair of Taleworlds to WITHOLD permission to start your own kingdom to clan level 4 if you don't do the quest. So what other benefit is there?

You get lots of disincentives to do the quest...it gives you lots of meaningless side quests to do when you are busy at war, trying to make babies, or trying to recruit other lords. Eventually it gives you lots of enemies attacking you at once to make it almost impossible to win.

But what benefit does it give you? I feel like if this is the main quest and you give the banner to another ruler you should gain heaps of influence and good relations with that ruler and possibly with his subject lords...but you don't.

I feel if you keep it for yourself there should be lots of lords flocking to your banner to follow the true righteous leader...but you don't.

Why does TW make this the main quest, but give you no benefits for completing it? What am I missing here?

For one to start your own kingdom you have to own a settlement and have clan level at 2 or 3. At least that's how it works in Sandbox mode, I haven't played the Campaign in a while.

I believe the benefits will come with the banner beares feature that was mentioned in Future plans from TW. Considering they even mention the normal banners will include "gameplay effects for the soldiers marching under each banner". We can assume the dragon banner should in the future give some very good buffs, maybe they will OP, but we'll have to wait and see. Not to mention we will be (hopefully) able to see it on battlefields in all its glory.

I was about to start my own kingdom until that bastard King Derthert died from disease. I was then voted in by the council to take his place as High King of Vlandia. My plan was to give myself the banner then but I don't think that's an option. If so then please tell me how to give myself the banner if I took over a kingdom.

I think you need to be clan rank 4 to make kingdom no matter what. You can be any rank to swat n squat a fief (or many) though you'll likely pop up to rank 2 in the process. I not going to do the horrible quest to double check what is says, so if someone in the current version can cap the quest saying you only need rank 2 or 3, go ahead.

You get lots of disincentives to do the quest...it gives you lots of meaningless side quests to do when you are busy at war, trying to make babies, or trying to recruit other lords.
Yeah it's all bad and does nothing beneficial . The should revise it to be a optional quest line that guides the player in making a faction in a productive way but doesn't do any extra bull**** like conspiracy stuff. They should also add more options and events and content for when you're a ruler, that's the same for if you started campaign or sandbox and regardless of how you became ruler. If they want to have some late game threat like a conspiracy of other factions to unite against you, that might be interesting, but it should be for all player factions when the criteria (such as a certain power level) is met.

I was about to start my own kingdom until that bastard King Derthert died from disease. I was then voted in by the council to take his place as High King of Vlandia. My plan was to give myself the banner then but I don't think that's an option. If so then please tell me how to give myself the banner if I took over a kingdom.
I don't think TW has planned for this contingency, IOW you can't do it. I'm also not sure how it works out if you give the ruler the banner and then they die and you become the ruler. I ASSUME you could give up ruling, leave the faction and then talk to the NPCs to progress the quest, but I haven't done it. You could also just leave and make you own faction and ignore the quest.

Thought I'd try it one more time....nope. It still sucks.

Honestly I feel they could very easily make this an interesting added bonus to the game, but they don't.

I mean, I still feel when the ruler you gave the banner to says 'No one has ever given me such a gift before' (or whatever it is he says) you should be given something in return (whether its a specific item like special sword or armor, or additional favor that helps in getting granted more fiefs, or maybe just a bonus to the size of your party. But no, you get nothing.

Plus it gives all these extra conspiracy quest things, but at this stage of the game its rare if you are 'only' at war with 2 other kingdoms at a time and the conspiracy quest is always on the other side of the map from where you are. The conspiracy quest things aren't bad, but if you spent all the time doing those, by the time you are done the kingdom you are with will have lost half its holdings since the AI lords of your kingdom can't come close to holding their own against all the attacks.

The other thing it should do is get lords from other kingdoms flocking to your kingdom since you (if you created) or your ruler (if you joined) are the rightful ruler of Caladria. This would make it easier to keep up with having every other kingdom at war with you almost constantly. But no, no help there.

There's plenty they could do to make this an integral and enjoyable part of the game, they just don't.

Thought I'd try it one more time....nope. It still sucks.
pretty much, yet it shows that at some point during development TW was actually aiming for a quality game - that went downhill quite fast
Honestly I feel they could very easily make this an interesting added bonus to the game, but they don't.
I've suggested making the dragon banner hold special unique and really strong effects - was dismissed as "not important"
I mean, I still feel when the ruler you gave the banner to says 'No one has ever given me such a gift before' (or whatever it is he says) you should be given something in return (whether its a specific item like special sword or armor, or additional favor that helps in getting granted more fiefs, or maybe just a bonus to the size of your party. But no, you get nothing.
It's a gimmick
Plus it gives all these extra conspiracy quest things, but at this stage of the game its rare if you are 'only' at war with 2 other kingdoms at a time and the conspiracy quest is always on the other side of the map from where you are. The conspiracy quest things aren't bad, but if you spent all the time doing those, by the time you are done the kingdom you are with will have lost half its holdings since the AI lords of your kingdom can't come close to holding their own against all the attacks.
That's tricky - depends on which faction / culture you are serving under and where you've chosen to start your realm if going as a ruler.
If you pick vlandia/vlandian battania/battanian khuzait/steppes there's actually a slow burn where the AI will lose but than push back - they basically destroy all fiefs' prosperity if you simply sit and watch by incessantly losing and retaking the same fief over and over again until one of the factions crumbles economically and pretty much loses their ability to field t6 armies - than it's about how long it'll take for the war to "auto-resolve" with "forced peace"
They play an attrition game and the cultures with the strongest auto-resolve units will eventually dominate, no matter what, it just takes longer now than it used back in 2020
The other thing it should do is get lords from other kingdoms flocking to your kingdom since you (if you created) or your ruler (if you joined) are the rightful ruler of Caladria. This would make it easier to keep up with having every other kingdom at war with you almost constantly. But no, no help there.
It would make logical sense, so TW wouldn't do it
There's plenty they could do to make this an integral and enjoyable part of the game, they just don't.
that's the sum of how they handle feedback and suggestions: they just don't.

Havent tryed myself. But from what i see in videos doing the quest will end the war that start when you create the kingdom.
Most likely i am wrong because there are so many videos and the game seem to have changed many times.

Back
Top Bottom