Beta Patch Notes e1.6.4

Users who are viewing this thread

I've noticed that the infamous interface lag has been partially fixed - the images are still take time to be loaded, yet, the overall menu lag has been severely reduced with 1.6.4.

Interesting.
Did you ennoble any companions already? If yes did it help comparing with your previous Khuzait ass kicking playthrougs?
I'm wondering how efficient is this feature and if it is balanced (cost etc.).
I made as many of them as I could (8 currently), at the expense of only keeping 1 fief for my self most of the time. They aren't very useful at first but once you have 3 or so they start be helpful. Also, the wanderer themselves usually isn't as good as AI lords, but one of thier clan mates will have better stats on par with them. They often have a 3rd member with good skills but no combat gear, a problem we've seen with rebels and AI children sometimes too.
I start early once I decide the area I want to take and fight the khuzaits alone so they are very tender (this is how you prevent 200 KG attacks) when I finally get clan rank 4 and take a fief, they were actually in a bit of a pickle when I took first few fiefs and we unable to retaliate properly but when they finally ended their other war I got hit with old "Army every 2 days" treatment, but about this time my scouting clicked up to 225 and I could use keen sight (with mounted patrols) to just hold them prisoner forever (well...) so then it just becomes game of getting 500 influence, taking a fief, popping a wanderer and repeat! I also took Husq Falk form rebels, which may have been a bad idea because it could cause war with aserai, however that never happened yet (about 200 days), this threat made me accelerate my field power by also poaching the landless Khuzaits clan. This actually goes good with making wanderer clans because 500 influence is a lot when you first start a kingdom so going back and forth between spending the influence and spending 200K(or less) for a normal clan recruit let me make full use of my resources and expand as fast as possible on a 1 clan per fief plan. It's the first time I've ever actually used all my money and it was nice! The 500 influence is hard part and I found myself releasing some enemies just to re-catch them for battle influence (and +relations) and money too since I spent it all! However as I get more vassal the next threat arises, my own vassals now want peace with khuzait and I have to spend 100 more influence ever week or so to keep the war going, so now I need to really push over take the remaining khuziat lands before they run me out. Luckily my vassals start to succeed in siege's too at this time. Early on they kept trying but would never attack, now they commit and finish. I'm forced to conserve my influence to take thier new fief myself so I can use it on a wanderer clan, or recruit another khuziat before it goes to election! I barley manage to siege down the last 2/3 fiefs, vote for myself, cash in all my prisoners and go join my vassals sieging the last fief (auto calc because ladder problems) to make them finish before the peace vote is forced, which I allow and use my last 100 or so influence to take the last fief. Now I race to collect more Khuzaits and influence to fill my extra fiefs before a new war begins! I'm still left with 1 open when they declare war on S empire (khuziats of course re-attacked too) but I welcome it to farm influence and cash to make even more vassals.

So, I think the companion into vassals clans is good a improvement, it's fun but not OP, normal clans are much better and there's some issues still (the guy with no gear). I think the cost is well balanced but I foresee players having trouble getting the influence and vetoing peace and claiming fiefs if they don't have a clear plan on how to do so.

I made as many of them as I could (8 currently), at the expense of only keeping 1 fief for my self most of the time. They aren't very useful at first but once you have 3 or so they start be helpful. Also, the wanderer themselves usually isn't as good as AI lords, but one of thier clan mates will have better stats on par with them. They often have a 3rd member with good skills but no combat gear, a problem we've seen with rebels and AI children sometimes too.
I start early once I decide the area I want to take and fight the khuzaits alone so they are very tender (this is how you prevent 200 KG attacks) when I finally get clan rank 4 and take a fief, they were actually in a bit of a pickle when I took first few fiefs and we unable to retaliate properly but when they finally ended their other war I got hit with old "Army every 2 days" treatment, but about this time my scouting clicked up to 225 and I could use keen sight (with mounted patrols) to just hold them prisoner forever (well...) so then it just becomes game of getting 500 influence, taking a fief, popping a wanderer and repeat! I also took Husq Falk form rebels, which may have been a bad idea because it could cause war with aserai, however that never happened yet (about 200 days), this threat made me accelerate my field power by also poaching the landless Khuzaits clan. This actually goes good with making wanderer clans because 500 influence is a lot when you first start a kingdom so going back and forth between spending the influence and spending 200K(or less) for a normal clan recruit let me make full use of my resources and expand as fast as possible on a 1 clan per fief plan. It's the first time I've ever actually used all my money and it was nice! The 500 influence is hard part and I found myself releasing some enemies just to re-catch them for battle influence (and +relations) and money too since I spent it all! However as I get more vassal the next threat arises, my own vassals now want peace with khuzait and I have to spend 100 more influence ever week or so to keep the war going, so now I need to really push over take the remaining khuziat lands before they run me out. Luckily my vassals start to succeed in siege's too at this time. Early on they kept trying but would never attack, now they commit and finish. I'm forced to conserve my influence to take thier new fief myself so I can use it on a wanderer clan, or recruit another khuziat before it goes to election! I barley manage to siege down the last 2/3 fiefs, vote for myself, cash in all my prisoners and go join my vassals sieging the last fief (auto calc because ladder problems) to make them finish before the peace vote is forced, which I allow and use my last 100 or so influence to take the last fief. Now I race to collect more Khuzaits and influence to fill my extra fiefs before a new war begins! I'm still left with 1 open when they declare war on S empire (khuziats of course re-attacked too) but I welcome it to farm influence and cash to make even more vassals.

So, I think the companion into vassals clans is good a improvement, it's fun but not OP, normal clans are much better and there's some issues still (the guy with no gear). I think the cost is well balanced but I foresee players having trouble getting the influence and vetoing peace and claiming fiefs if they don't have a clear plan on how to do so.
Nice read! :coffee:
Good to know that the feature seems balanced and useful.
At least we are moving in the right decision, though plenty of core features still need more love (sieges...).
Thanks for sharing (y)

Made a new character and putting on scars or face paint does not make them show on the character.
Not sure if this has been reported before.

Glad to hear that the feature is working well and being useful!

My hunger for influence is overwhelming since this beta. I didn't expect much from peering but it makes the game more addicting, thanks for this addition Taleworlds!

So it begins, vassals ruin the game, not fun allowed! I want to make more strong independent woman clans and "The game" wont let me any more!
11I0z.jpg

I took the fief with my own 2 hands, I'm the ruler, I own 1 fief, I have 500K but I need that for recruiting more vassals! I have over 1k influence but it's worthless!
Vassals don't need more then 1 fief because they're too stupid to make use of more resources!
There's been talk and suggestion of revision to fief score but I think we should just get final say no matter what!
This drains all fun and motivation out of the game.
@Dejan @Duh_TaleWorlds Not being able to keep getting fiefs ruins the new companion promotion feature! I'm the ruler and human player, I know what's best! Now the games boring!
Yes I made 10 clans out of companions, BUT I THIRST FORMORE!
Aha but I have found a trick.... nobody can stop me making clans now, do you know my trick? ?

Last edited:
So it begins, vassals ruin the game, not fun allowed! I want to make more strong independent woman clans and "The game" wont let me any more!
11I0z.jpg

I took the fief with my own 2 hands, I'm the ruler, I own 1 fief, I have 500K but I need that for recruiting more vassals! I have over 1k influence but it's worthless!
Vassals don't need more then 1 fief because they're too stupid to make use of more resources!
There's been talk and suggestion of revision to fief score but I think we should just get final say no matter what!
@Dejan @Duh_TaleWorlds Not being able to keep getting fiefs ruins the new companion promotion feature! I'm the ruler and human player, I know what's best! Now the games boring!
Aha but I have found a trick.... nobody can stop me making clans now, do you know my trick? ?
what is your trick?

11I0z.jpg

I agree, the ruler should at the very least have an option at the bottom that says "Claim for yourself"
A temporary solution is to have the diplomacy mod, it has right of first refusal. You can claim fiefs you conquer yourself even as a vassal.

After starting a new campaign and playing for about 500 days I want to raise some concerns about trading. In my current play I am only trading and I think the supply and demand gets a little bit screwed after about 300 days of play time. This means that in the early play phase everything is quite alright. You can make a decent profit with the various items. But after about these 300 days it seems that the numbers change. The buy prices in the various towns go up. This in turn decreases the margin and the sell price does not really go up at the same ratio.

This implies that the towns have a higher demand for goods, selling them at a higher price, as they need more items. On the other hand this should also raise the amount of denars that you can get for these items in turn. I would speculate that without the benefit of my high trading skill (~242 or something like that) I would not really make a profit or the profit margin would be very small compared to the early phase.

Additionally maybe the resource distribution in the Aserai villages should be more varied. Currently each town will have a brewery as the desert villages lack most of the other primary resources needed for the other workshops. There are no animals beside horses available. AFAIK only one village offers flax. Also maybe an iron mine should be located in the desert.

Look at these bad dudes on thier way to a siege in their steward pajama gear, no weapons either! I mean it doesn't actually matter unless I go into a love battle with them, but still.
Are these companion clan members that got spawned or just companions that still have the gear that they wore before you made them nobles? So I guess you need to deck them out beforehand?

Are these companion clan members that got spawned or just companions that still have the gear that they wore before you made them nobles? So I guess you need to deck them out beforehand?
They're the spawned clan members of the wanderer, they have very nice stats but don't spawn in battle gear. There's usually 1 in combat gear and one in steward gear, but with good skill like high medicine and engineering. For the wanderer, they will spawn a cultural noble gear set if they're naked or in default gear, if you equip them though, they will keep thier equipment. Not sure if there's a more sophisticated rule for it, like value of gear or whatnot, but I've been stripping them as I usually only have modest gear for wanderers. It worth know that the spawned noble gear doesn't always match the skills of wanderer though, such as no Xbow for one with high Xbow skill, so giving them custom gear if you had it could be a good idea if you plan to use them in live battle.

@scarface52 okay fallow up, why am losing an extra 90 influence when I make a wanderer with the fief before it goes to election? Is this a punishment or a bug? It's contestant each time I di it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom