I'm done with this game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Compared to Ulfhendars though...

But I don't think any of the shock troops really quite suck unless they're fighting ranged troops. They all seem to anything in melee, so long as they actually use their big weapons.

If anything, I find menavliatons to be among the worse, just because they seem to use their swords instead of their polearms. Voulgiers seem to go around waving their twohanders instead of their voulges.

I am sad about what they've done to Palace guards though.

Then again, don't bother with vanilla troops at all. Its not well thought out, and I dunno if it will ever be.
You must have not played the game in a while.
All Shock troops use their intended main weapon,now.
I believe they removed the 2 handed from Voulgiers,and all 1h swords from last tier of all the shock troops.

You must have not played the game in a while.
All Shock troops use their intended main weapon,now.
I believe they removed the 2 handed from Voulgiers,and all 1h swords from last tier of all the shock troops.
Maybe so. Because I don't care about vanilla anymore tbh.

Just find a mod.

I run no mods, and I honestly feel like there isn't really a super strong force I am afraid to fight with using my kingdom's forces, unless I am playing Khuzait...and that might be because I have never tried them. Perhaps the Aserai, the mameluke cavalry makes them scary, but their infantry is sad. I actually use Linebreakers or mamuluke palace guards for shock troops if I am running a mixed army. I actually love the sturgians for campaign play. I don't understand what your problem is.

If there is anything unbalanced with vanilla, it has to be the asarai are to strong. And I am not even certain of that. Literally the only armies I am concerned about enough to really check army comps and what not. Sturgians are not super weak or anything. I love their army comps. I feel like....maybe you suck...try delegating command during real time combat.

I am playing Aserai currently.

They are very strong once you level up their troops.

Who cares if the Aserai low level troops have a hammer? I only fight easy battles with low level troops. They're easy enough to level up.

The Master Archers are some of the best archers in the game. The Mameluke Palace Guard are serious damage dealers. The Noble cavalry with their thrown weapons are very versatile.

They have troops for seiges. They have troops for field battles.

I have never played the Sturgians, so I can't comment on them, but the Aserai are far from weak.

Not sure if anyone has noticed... but since the last update where they fixed the shield bobbing, Sturgian heavy axemen and spearmen are doing a whole lot better against archers... to the point where I'm finding they're able to engage my group of 100 Fian Champions after advancing in shield wall, whereas in the previous patch, I could take out 200 heavy Sturgians frontally with archers of any kind.

Also makes bandits a whole lot more annoying when starting out now that you have to wait till they're on you to shoot them in the face...

I Totally agree with the Sturgians they are HORRIBLE (Worst archers in the game,worst cavalry in the game,and not even good enough infantry this is sad)

Do not get me started of how USELESS the heavy spearman is, literally the worst t5 unit in the game the AI is not smart enough to not use them so you are going to see 50% of heavy axeman and 50% of heavy spearman this one of many reasons that make sturgian AI a JOKE to fight against.

For the people that actually say that Stugria is strong and we just don't know how to play with them, Everything that you can do with Sturgia you can do it with any other faction in the game BETTER way BETTER.
im tired of talking about Sturgia. I have been saying that they need a buff for almost a year now im sad.)

I'm done with this game.

Unbalanced,uncared game.
Sturgian gameplay and Aserai gameplay ****ing trash.
This game doesn't deserve the time or effort to be played.

Lost another battle because Sturgian Infantry is as a big joke as this Khuzait boot licking community and this racist company is.
Unbelivable.
Unbelivable because once outside this forum and on YT,you'll see the same results to other big youtubers who play this trash.

900 hours waiting for a way to play Sturgian campaign or Aserai,since last year.
They are worse before they started because some Khuzait and Battanian ***** boy developer decided he hated Shocktroops(Palace Guardians nerfed aswell).
What troglodit of developer replaced the Shock Troops with USELESS Heavy Spearmen?
Can this community even comprehend this ****ty ass decision,because I can't.
Ulfednar replaced by ****ing trash ass Line Breakers.
How do you even come to this decision.

Unistalled this ****,I'll see if next patch is mildly good.
But with how they handled balancing,Khuzait Khan's Guards might get a Bazooka and Sturgians and Aserai a Barber unit,who knows.
Developers certainly don't.

Oh and a Khuzait's helmet been 37kgs for 2 patches now.
Why don’t you just download My Little Warband and make your own troops https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/3164

OP's exaggeration and ****flinging aside the Sturgian troop tree really does need serious rebalancing though, and so does swinging polearm damage, armor protection values, and most other troop trees for that manner
They'd fix the Sturgians if they fixed Spears and Polearms in general.
All of the Sturgian troops opt to use the one-handed sword/axe instead of their polearms, even when Cavalry are steam-rolling them.

Beyond formation selection, there's also no tactics at all as well. Historically speaking, Vikings were very well organised in their combat practices, and this isn't conveyed very well in Bannerlord.

For the people that still argue about the best units in the game.

Here you go https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y7vo39Wcy0nyKTp0dksp2X8TpOJtTb153TeFxq7lP3A/edit#gid=0

That's great if you're just going to have armies of the same units attack each other without tactics.

But every time I see these types of lists and youtube videos... they don't answer important questions that are perhaps more relevant to actual gameplay.

For example:
  • Which T5 infantry is best at closing the gap while under archer fire?
  • Which T5 infantry unit is best against a cavalry charge?
  • Which T5 infantry unit is best when throwing weapons are included? - This can be important if you place your archers behind your infantry line because this deployment creates a pocket in front of the infantry that archers can't hit.
etc.

I'd suggest for actual gameplay the best T5 infantry unit is one that is OK infantry v infantry (but doesn't have to be best) as well as having a good shield and a good braceable 2h polearm. And it would be handy if they also had something to throw to disrupt anyone closing on them.

Which T5 infantry unit is best when throwing weapons are included? - This can be important if you place your archers behind your infantry line because this deployment creates a pocket in front of the infantry that archers can't hit.
There is no answer to this because the effectiveness of throwing weapons is completely random.This is why they are usually disabled while testing.
Which T5 infantry is best at closing the gap while under archer fire?
The infantry with the biggest shield protection on the upper body. aka the Sturgians. Literally the only good thing about them (because the AI almost never attack the lower parts)
That's great if you're just going to have armies of the same units attack each other without tactics.
You can use any tactic with any infantry it is going to give you the same results. Unless you cheese it (kinda defeats the point)
Which T5 infantry unit is best against a cavalry charge?
Honestly from the tests i have done and seen, every infantry is unable to deal with the cavalry charge. (obviously not talking about pikemen)

The most powerful units in the game are high tier archers (mounted or on foot). They are the decisive factor in combat. Therefore IMO the best T5 infantry in the game are those that best shield archers from enemy assault.

In this respect I'd suggest the actual best T5 infantry are probably Oathsworn or Wildlings - as they have a shield, a braceable polearm and a javelin - and according to the T5 vs T5 tests, are also OK in a melee (if not the best). I'd follow this with Sergeants, with their shield and braceable polearm.

But of course, realistically, discovering a 'best' unit is silly. Because the best 'unit' is always one that combines multiple unit types in a flexible way that can respond tactically to a wide range of situations - In this context, I'd suggest the best infantry company is Battanian - with good general purpose Oathsworn and Wildlings, great attacking Falxman and supported by clearly the best foot unit in the game: Fians.

In this context, Sturgians are also stronger than their individual units might suggest. Their T5 infantry can clearly take more arrow fire than any other units in game, as do their heavy cavalry - and like I said, archers are the decisive units in game - and thus they can close the gap more intact than other factions can - they might struggle in a melee, but they're more likely to get to a melee with greater numbers. Their archers might be less capable, but they also take less fire behind the game's best meat shield. All Sturgians really lack is a braceable polearm - leaving them vulnerable to heavy cavalry.

I tend to find that to defeat an infantry heavy Sturgian force, I have to resort to darting behind their shield wall to get them to turn their backs to my archers... otherwise I get tangled in melee which I don't want because I tend to play light on infantry.

Strengths and weaknesses can balance across companies, and all factions have strengths that can be utilised effectively by the player.

Last edited:
the game just doesn't work.

economy, battles, AI (whether on battlefield or map) balance, map pathfinding, map's broken with multiple choke points, armour makes no difference, sieges don't work.

NO MULTIPLAYER SERVERS

The most powerful units in the game are high tier archers (mounted or on foot). They are the decisive factor in combat. Therefore IMO the best T5 infantry in the game are those that best shield archers from enemy assault.

In this respect I'd suggest the actual best T5 infantry are probably Oathsworn or Wildlings - as they have a shield, a braceable polearm and a javelin - and according to the T5 vs T5 tests, are also OK in a melee (if not the best). I'd follow this with Sergeants, with their shield and braceable polearm.

But of course, realistically, discovering a 'best' unit is silly. Because the best 'unit' is always one that combines multiple unit types in a flexible way that can respond tactically to a wide range of situations - In this context, I'd suggest the best infantry company is Battanian - with good general purpose Oathsworn and Wildlings, great attacking Falxman and supported by clearly the best foot unit in the game: Fians.

In this context, Sturgians are also stronger than their individual units might suggest. Their T5 infantry can clearly take more arrow fire than any other units in game, as do their heavy cavalry - and like I said, archers are the decisive units in game - and thus they can close the gap more intact than other factions can - they might struggle in a melee, but they're more likely to get to a melee with greater numbers. Their archers might be less capable, but they also take less fire behind the game's best meat shield. All Sturgians really lack is a braceable polearm - leaving them vulnerable to heavy cavalry.

I tend to find that to defeat an infantry heavy Sturgian force, I have to resort to darting behind their shield wall to get them to turn their backs to my archers... otherwise I get tangled in melee which I don't want because I tend to play light on infantry.

Strengths and weaknesses can balance across companies, and all factions have strengths that can be utilised effectively by the player.
What?
Sturgian Heavy Axeman?
Bro are u high?
There's no arrow getting past a T5 infantry unit.
Actually just to mess with u a bit,try ARCHERS against Aserai Veteran Warrior without the shieldwall formation and see for yourself.

Also to Battania.
Falxmen and Wildlings need micro management because they suck otherwise.
Wildlings only have 25 HA,they die very fast in the shield wall.
Falxmen wont swing for ****e in wall shield.

Back
Top Bottom