In Progress Spears produce no sound when hitting ground...

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded

Poopsoid

Recruit
Summary: When attacking a flat ground (grassy or sandy not rock or mountain or wood) with a spear type (pike) weapon - no any weapon collision sound is produced... 2H axes, throwables, etc. have cool sounds of ground collision.
How to Reproduce: Play single or multiplayer with a spear type weapon and hit sandy or grassy ground near your foots - no any sound is heard after weapon collision. I used Sturgian peasant with spear in multiplayer and Ratagost in Custom battle singleplayer.
Have you used cheats and if so which: no
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: 1080
GPU Driver Version:
CPU: i5
RAM: 12G
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD

Last edited:
NB
As for addition - I found that a collision sound of spears is produced on some grounds, but only ON SOME, many other ones still miss any collision sound, it depends which ground you hit, some grassy ground has a hit sound but slightly another grassy ground is silent, the same is with another types of grounds...

Another addition is as follows: no any sound is heard when hitting some kind of metal objects on the map - these are metal baskets with burning woods in them or hanging round metal reservoirs (I assume these are hanging lamps) upwards of the house doors, etc. - so there is no collision sound not only of spears but also axes and other weapons as well.

Also, no sound is produced when hitting a variation of opened basket (any weapon, at least spear and axe), and another basket, which is closed with a cover, produce a kind of stone colliding sound...

So it seems that weapon collision sounds of many of objects should be checked and added/fixed.

Thanx nevertheless for a beautiful game, make it perfect :smile:

Back
Top Bottom