Want Man-Hunters, Less bandits, Less hideouts, want Auto resolve changed for player, want control of parties, Rant

Users who are viewing this thread

I hate that the game just spawns looters and bandits no matter what. There should be a reason that can be prevented or encouraged that spawns them, not just a daily tick of "not enough bandits? ok I poo poo more into your map, regards the game". That's dum and warband was much better because It took a long time for bandit clusters to build up and if you cleared the hide outs and killed them you could at least have a clear area for good while. We've all done it right? We went a little too hard on the sea raiders and couldn't find anymore? Cleared the camp so Boyar Meriga would let you make a velvet shop and then "oh no what have I done..... now I have to farm tiaga bandits!". This is good, it shows the actual effect of your actions on the map!

Why do I have to waste time waiting till night? Walking there is enough wasting time! At some point the player's party (or something) should be deemed powerful enough to attack in the day!

There's always too many looters and bandits. There's also no discernable difference between a healthy normal map's bandit population and a map where I murdered everyone. This tells me either the AI's contribution really doesn't matter at all or that the game poo poo's in so many bandits and looters that it appears to not matter. Either is bad.

I want to spend my money in many many okay I have them all fiefs to send out manhunters! Lots of them! As many as I want! As Ruler of the continent(s?) I shouldn't have to ever look at another hideout or bandits party if I don't want to and spend my massive and infinite funds to do so! I can't even MAKE my clan parties go kill all the hideouts. I should not have to personally go have words with every party and go into every hideout!

Although most parties will offer to join me and be vaporized in the party menu thereafter, you get a few rascals that want to fight, sure I can attack and tab out for a few seconds or maybe with my 237 tactics and near 200 t6 units I could auto resolve. NO! It can still kill a t6 unit sometimes!

^unacceptable! If you want horrible rng for the AI on AI fine, but for the player we need something else! Why can't we just have units be ONLY KO-able by units more then 2 tiers below them? Why waste my time?

^Oh look one re-load and rng later and everything fine!

I don't want to see looters, bandits and hideout everywhere in endgame.
I don't want to fight bandits in endgame.
I don't want to talk to bandits in endgame.
I don't want to lose a special troops to looters in endgame.
I don't want re-load the game because of looters in the endgame.

Please TW, give the player some abilities and options to eradicate all the bandits and hideouts that DO NOT include the player walking all over the map having to interact with them.
I am the ruler of the world, I should have other options.

Looters need a total rework, they are just an early game joke atm. A mod for sure when game is officially released.

They should be experts at ambushes, hiding in forest paths, narrow mountain paths etc etc.. And when I say HIDING I mean hiding, you don't see them until they are ready to spring the trap.

Having a standard battle terrain map where looters charge up like brainless ........ then have an Epiphany just before contact .. "DERRRR! maybe we shouldn't be 'ear ??..." and run away, is kiddy-console Mario-moment game time. unworthy of Bannerlord..

i think there are not enough looters. i'm using a more looters mod so they come in groups of up to 500-700 men.
i just fought vs 1200 looters last night, it was glorious

i think there are not enough looters. i'm using a more looters mod so they come in groups of up to 500-700 men.
i just fought vs 1200 looters last night, it was glorious
While fighting comedy armies has a place in the game, it should be an exception, rather than a rule.

Apart from design TLC needed in the end game, as in the OP, during the whole game you need a variety of parties to fight: both varying by challenge (from trivial to nearly impossible), so you can pick fights at your skill/power level, and against different troop compositions for variety sake (which is where minor factions come in, as fighting major faction armies gets old quickly).
I'm worried that this line of thinking (challenge/variety of parties) never got addressed by BL designers, as they have never played PoP to see why this works for themselves.

Hugely agree. It seems that bandits nearly outnumber peasants in Calradia, no matter how many you kill. And it's simply amazing that after a year and a half they still have not added any types of manhunters to reduce their numbers.

AlsoI feel like bandit parties, Looters specifically, should also be a bit more diverse. Regular looters should have at least a few men with something more than a few rags and a rusty sickle. There should be some guys with horses, bows, javelins, shields, helmets, etc. Looters are so artificial, and the player gains very little by defeating them. They are literally nothing except a fake noob enemy.

While fighting comedy armies has a place in the game, it should be an exception, rather than a rule.
since fighting looters is the only reliable way to train troops (with a minimal casualty probability since you are training not fighting) i have to do it a lot. in fact almost as much as real battles. especially considering how i'm micro managing not just my clan parties but also other clans parties that i enlist into my army via troop donation. i need my troops to be well trained after. which brings the need for 1000 men looter armies since small groups just surrender vs my 2000 army. besides why fight 20 groups of 50 looters when you can get it all done in one battle? they are too slow to get away which is another huge bonus, don't wanna chase a party for ages

btw i'm also using caldaria awakend mod or w/e that adds a bunch of minor factions and troops
and another more troops mod that essentially doubles the vanilla troop tree.
even still, fighting larger looter armies remain the best way to train

the way i see it. after getting 10 men into your party you no longer have to be forced to fight looters so idk what the problem is. you don't wanna chance losing a T6 unit vs 20 looters? don't fight or don't auto resolve (i auto resolve only when out numbering them more than 50 to 1 and always save before in case i lose units to rng). looters actively run away from you and you have to chase them... like when i'm walking on the street, i don't complain there are too many ants out and about. they don't even concern me one bit.

Last edited:
Each bandit faction has twenty hideouts, so, a hundred in total. Might be nice to see bandits from different factions fighting each other and looters.
i regularly use cheat mode and teleport around the world. at any given day there's around 5-8 hideouts in the world at most. and i can clear them all in one night via teleport. takes a week before i can find another 3-5 again.

I'm talking about the number of hideout markers in the campaign map, which occupy 100 fixed locations. You can check them in the Tools scene editor.
yes and those are possible spawn locations, not simultaneously existing.
so enlighten me how a hideout of 25 bandits is going to have a war with another bandit faction half a world away?

i mean if they existed at once. forming 500 men bandit "kingdoms" then sure.

That’s because there is zero campaign map AI - so everything just feels random and pacman like. Now imagine if bandits were tied in dynamically to world politics and events with interesting leaders with unique ambitions and cared about where and when they attacked terrain wise.
Yeah nice dream eh

I don't want to see looters, bandits and hideout everywhere in endgame.
I don't want to fight bandits in endgame.
I don't want to talk to bandits in endgame.
I don't want to lose a special troops to looters in endgame.
I don't want re-load the game because of looters in the endgame.

Please TW, give the player some abilities and options to eradicate all the bandits and hideouts that DO NOT include the player walking all over the map having to interact with them.
I am the ruler of the world, I should have other options.
I wholeheartedly agree. I can understand the need for them in the early game... but in the endgame? We should be powerful kings and queens, is there a bandit problem in one of our fiefs? We instruct the constable of the village to send out armed manhunter parties. Money's no issue, take my money and keep the land safe. The more stable Calradia becomes, the less bandits we should see. They might be replaced, at least partially, by other endgame mechanics, crisis if you will... something like foreign invasions, or pretenders to the throne, or a league of rebel lords who challenge your right to rule and siege the cities your family lives in with 2000 t5 units. I don't know, something exciting, not stupid bandits who keep making me do stupid micromanagement for next to no gain!

I'd like to see looter and bandit numbers cut down and deserters make a return instead of just being part of a quest.

That’s because there is zero campaign map AI - so everything just feels random and pacman like. Now imagine if bandits were tied in dynamically to world politics and events with interesting leaders with unique ambitions and cared about where and when they attacked terrain wise.
Yeah nice dream eh
Imagine absolutely destroying a faction, turning regular peasants to looters, because they have no home, no food to sustain themselves etc. which is then reflected in the economy of the faction... One can dream I guess. :smile:

Honestly if all the looter parties banded together they would form the strongest factions in the game and use Soviet wave tactics

Back
Top Bottom