How many battles do you lose?

In your typical playthrough, how often do you lose major battles?

• 0% of the time. (Never)

Votes: 38 29.5%
  • 1-3%

Votes: 32 24.8%
  • 4-10%

Votes: 31 24.0%
  • 11-15%

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • 16-25%

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • 26-33%

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 34-50%

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • 51% or higher.

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

I play on Ironman. If I lose, I unlock the macros and alt+f4 before the loss screen so it doesn’t save... it’s pretty scummy

Depends- right now I am building my party solely through captured soldiers so my troops really aren’t coordinated.

like cavalry is a complete mix of random bandits, horse archers, random heavy and light cavalry.

trying to RP a bit as a real merc band, but that does mean I lose a few.

Huh, I'm actually surprised at how many people say they never lose. I wasn't expecting to be in the middle somewhere...

edit: I meant to say "I wasn't expecting to be..." Don't know how the contraction fell off lol

Last edited:
Huh, I'm actually surprised at how many people say they never lose. I was expecting to be in the middle somewhere...
It might be all related to the mentioned 'playstyle'. Some people would save scum and that is ok. No battle lost except the fact there is one lost (implicitly). Some others would not engage in the 'kingdom creation/ vassalage' theme and killing looters is not that challenging...

Huh, I'm actually surprised at how many people say they never lose. I was expecting to be in the middle somewhere...
And from what I can see in those forums, a lot of players just don't want to loose and save-reload until battle is won or find a way to make the odds in their favors.
Quite normal in a society where we are taught how to win but never how to loose...

It might be all related to the mentioned 'playstyle'. Some people would save scum and that is ok. No battle lost except the fact there is one lost (implicitly). Some others would not engage in the 'kingdom creation/ vassalage' theme and killing looters is not that challenging...
And from what I can see in those forums, a lot of players just don't want to loose and save-reload until battle is won or find a way to make the odds in their favors.
Quite normal in a society where we are taught how to win but never how to loose...
Yeah, I'm not saying it is bad, just not what I was expecting.

But shout out to the three losing more than a third of the time. They are clearly pushing things to the limit of their skill.

Some fights i can't help myself but take it on for the damage i am gonna cause to their armies. Like a last stand siege. Those are the ones where i feel satisfied even with a loss. I wish it was a bit more impactful though, it seems they "regenerate" a bit faster then they should. Until things are properly balanced, i usually try to think like i would do in real life. Would i throw my men away for a hopeless fight with no real objective just so i can feel valorous? or would i bide my time till the moment to strike is right? I don't save scum if i feel the fight is fair. I do if a blob of soldiers appear out of nowhere on top of my guy. It is really situational. Sometimes i do save scum just because i feel i was an idiot for taking that fight in a forest when i have lots of cav and vice versa. Sometimes i save scum just because i can :p

But shout out to the three losing more than a third of the time. They are clearly pushing things to the limit of their skill.
I'm one of those people and I'm not really pushing anything to the limit while playing Bannerlord... This game can be very easy and just a tiny bit challenging. Playing with bandits only is what makes it more challenging for me. I honestly don't want to waste time on save re-loading to feel I'm victorious all the time. I used to do that in other games in the past but it broke the immersion every single time. If you are well prepared and don't engage in tied encounters you rather won't lose battles. I wouldn't really put that much attention to those results to e.g. conclude on game's/battle's complexity. I also agree with @Spinozart1 that people rarely admit they lost at something/to someone.

Therefore I'm entirely not surprised by the poll results.

P.S. There is also a genuine chance I totally suck at this game! :grin:

EDIT: I could start another poll by putting: 'How much do you trust this?'
suagW.jpg
1-I trust, 0-I do not :wink:

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not saying it is bad, just not what I was expecting.

Sorry, I'm not pushing things to the limit of my skills... I may be just bad :poop:
Jokes on you boomer, I always lose.
Some say that you learn more from your fails... and I'm a few generations later than the "boomers"... :roll:

Jokes apart, speaking about battles and pushing your limits, @CaptainFracas (French streamer) shared an epic battle that IMO worth watching.

Some say that you learn more from your fails... and I'm a few generations later than the "boomers"... :roll:

Jokes apart, speaking about battles and pushing your limits, @CaptainFracas (French streamer) shared an epic battle that IMO worth watching.

You absolutely do, which is how I became so wise. And humble as well! The humblest person on the planet, some might say.

I've watched the battle, absolutely stunning, he disabled the banner symbol flying over their heads, creates immersion comparable with that of film. Is it a mod he uses to create the troop lines? He swipes them into position, it seems.

I lost an army vs army battle the other day I joined in on because the constant influx of reinforcements from the enemy depleted my archers and khan's guard arrow supply and all of a sudden I was taking massive casualties.

EDIT: wait what? you can drag-click formations? Is that how I can get a formation to face a certain direction?

I lost an army vs army battle the other day I joined in on because the constant influx of reinforcements from the enemy depleted my archers and khan's guard arrow supply and all of a sudden I was taking massive casualties.

EDIT: wait what? you can drag-click formations? Is that how I can get a formation to face a certain direction?
Yes.
You can make your shield wall more compact etc.
Quite effective.

Yes you can,
if you have too many archers you can split them in 2 groups and make thin lines around your compacted infantry, that way they will be shooting from the sides

I usually go for the battles that are close to 50-50 balance or when multiple parties start to flicker around a bigger one because they think they would win if your party joined.

Sometimes I might go deep into enemy territory and end up surrounded by multiple parties, I try to maneuver past them or attack the smaller groups to avoid all of them at the same time, and since the AI is not really capable unless they have overwhelming numbers, if I can avoid losing too many troops in any of those engagements, it works out.

You can click and drag to make formations wider or more compact and they will face the direction you dragged, but if you just want to control direction you can use default F7 for single key toggle or F3 then F1, it is the same toggle functionality, but I find it easier to use because my hand is closer.

I've ever only actually lost 1 battle. it was early in my first playthrough, didn't know much and wondered into a fight of my 150 men vs 700... I saw most of them are recruits since I've been going through the lands destroying parties left and right. while most of my troops were tier 5-6. I didn't know that their numbers advantage would quickly swarm me in the melee and completely overwhelm everything. that was the battle that i learned about reinforcements and stuff.
anyways, reloaded a save and waited for an allied party of 100 men to join me before the fight, and won handedly

it's hard not to win since you can easily get a lvl 140 scout early in the game and see far enough to avoid bigger groups that are slower than you. avoid all fights that aren't favored towards you.

eventually i was winning so much i wanted a challenge and fought 2x 3x 4x my numbers.
but losing men felt bad, and the grind to get them back felt worse.

so now "losing" to me would be having more than 20 men die from my party in a 1200 vs 1500 men battle. i usually just redo the fight since i love field battle so much anyways.

I've ever only actually lost 1 battle. it was early in my first playthrough, didn't know much and wondered into a fight of my 150 men vs 700... I saw most of them are recruits since I've been going through the lands destroying parties left and right. while most of my troops were tier 5-6. I didn't know that their numbers advantage would quickly swarm me in the melee and completely overwhelm everything. that was the battle that i learned about reinforcements and stuff.
anyways, reloaded a save and waited for an allied party of 100 men to join me before the fight, and won handedly

it's hard not to win since you can easily get a lvl 140 scout early in the game and see far enough to avoid bigger groups that are slower than you. avoid all fights that aren't favored towards you.

eventually i was winning so much i wanted a challenge and fought 2x 3x 4x my numbers.
but losing men felt bad, and the grind to get them back felt worse.

so now "losing" to me would be having more than 20 men die from my party in a 1200 vs 1500 men battle. i usually just redo the fight since i love field battle so much anyways.
I smell easy difficulty :p
54378509.jpg

Back
Top Bottom