lancing needs to not work when the lance is physically going through your own horse

Users who are viewing this thread

you can lance people on a horse to the left side through the horse's head (near the very front; lancing to the left side of the horse is fine but not where your right handed lance arm is animating through the physical head of the horse so that from the infantry's perspective the lance is going through the horse's head killing you)

there needs to be a barrier to prevent the lance from being able to hit through the head of the horse

I quite agree on this.

Moreover, it is not necessary to set up collision "barriers", just defining the limits of movement arcs on horseback would be enough; here is a small test:

Native 0:00-0:25 / Modified 0:26-1:43​

Native​
Modified​
<def name="couched_lance_vertical_rot_limit"
val="0.48" />
<def name="couched_lance_rider_rot_limit_left"
val="48" />
<def name="couched_lance_rider_rot_limit_right"
val="20" />
<def name="couched_lance_min_rider_rot_limit_left"
val="43" />
<def name="couched_lance_min_rider_rot_limit_right"
val="0" />
<def name="couched_lance_vertical_rot_limit"
val="0.30" />
<def name="couched_lance_rider_rot_limit_left"
val="70" />
<def name="couched_lance_rider_rot_limit_right"
val="30" />
<def name="couched_lance_min_rider_rot_limit_left"
val="70" />
<def name="couched_lance_min_rider_rot_limit_right"
val="15" />

In short, with the proposed parameters it is impossible to couch hit ghost clipping someone and the vertical angle of attack is much less "friendly".

Just as the adequacy of the swing arcs on foot are of imperative revision as OurGloriousLeader commented here some time ago, the swing arcs on horseback (rotations-angles of attack and defence) should also be on the list of "things to revise" (I commented about it here). With simple parameter tweaks a lot can be done via xml ... however in this case ... and I never tire of repeating it, the current couch animation leaves much to be desired ... this was my first complaint then.

This is a wrong animation for couched lance (Bannerlord)This is a correct animation for couched lance (Warband)
argVaBF.png
latest

It seems that among the large pool of animations there was one unused (plausible) couch animation; lancer_ride_0.

In this test I have modified the lancer_ride_4 replacing it by the 0 keeping the previously mentioned tweaked parameters.

If the weapon offset is corrected by defining a precise Y-rotation which avoids clipping (in the test it is even acceptable in my eyes ? ) and keeping the original shake animation (applied); it would improve the experience imho.

It seems that among the large pool of animations there was one unused (plausible) couch animation; lancer_ride_0.

In this test I have modified the lancer_ride_4 replacing it by the 0 keeping the previously mentioned tweaked parameters.

If the weapon offset is corrected by defining a precise Y-rotation which avoids clipping (in the test it is even acceptable in my eyes ? ) and keeping the original shake animation (applied); it would improve the experience imho.

Looks good. Maybe they were saving that animation for saddles with syrups. :smile: :smile: or even stirrups.

Also fix the ****ing hitboxes when getting flick-shot by archers, half the time they shoot you through the ****ing horse, even when on an elevation above them

TDM
Definitely check the swinging radius and torso radius of cav riders and weapons! Especially Rider Menavlion and Glaive.

But also the hitboxes on the cav: The low frontal thrust attack with 1H and 2H swords, spears and pikes is an easiest low effort way to kill the rider if he doesn't attack/couch lance. I guess that counts as hitting rider's legs? Sometimes I thrust the spear through horse's neck frontally and kill the rider but not the horse?? The attack above however doesn't do much sometimes, even when attacking from above on the back of his head with a 2H axe. More often you hit his shield if he has it.

The rider glitches sliding through and into the buildings' walls when thrown off the killed horse, making it impossible to hit him while he's on the ground. That is until he gets up.

Cav jumps are ridiculously high.

Also, cav sprinting towards people hit the walls and buildings with no other problems except stopping. Shouldn't there be some kind of a damage to the horse for that?

Seeing a cav suddenly "hitting" small obstacles and thus glitch stopping is so annoying if you're infantry and have to think up front and prepare for attack/defense against it since they're so fast moving.

Back
Top Bottom