War .. War .. War .. with 76 relationship friend ???

Users who are viewing this thread

The southern Empire just declared war against me .. yet I have a 76 relationship with them ...I thought we were friends ..

WHY ??

I seem to be fighting everyone close to me..

WHY ??

It's not as if I'm an easy target, I keep beating most of them, paying for peace with powerful ones..

Diplomacy seems Cracked, warped, split, oilly, smelly, old, worn, hardened, obese, farty, floppy, etc etc

If you have good relations, your villages will be spared from raiding.

But yeah... there is not a lot of logic to war declarations.

But yeah... there is not a lot of logic to war declarations.

Errrrr .. no, I have a 76 relationship with the Southern Empire yet they still raid my villages.

I would understand being attacked if my settlements were poorly defended but no, Amprela had between 250 - 350 garrison + militia, my castle about 200 + .

Can't have fast action paced game without any action. :iamamoron:

common sense and realism is more important than repetitive boring constant action. Wars of attrition are boring as hell.

Last edited:
Is it true? Is it the just clan by clan or can have relations with a faction somehow? Or is it a classic TW Dev things where they say "Oh this works " but it's actually like a .001% change so it never ever is noticed in actual gameplay? Exaggerating but that's how I feel about many effects an mechanics (other then arrows..) in Bannerlord, just don't don't do enough to ever be noticed or useful to the player.

It's not as if I'm an easy target, I keep beating most of them, paying for peace with powerful ones..
Yeah they don't look at it with any "oh no I might get defeated again" they don't care. "What's you gonna do cut our heads off and make every not like you tee hee hee." In fact the worse off they are the more they want for peace. Feif-less factions will attack everyone sometimes.

They should get an intimidation every time you defeat them and eventually never ever ever dare attack your villages or parties unless having a massive advantage, for party anyways.

Is it true? Is it the just clan by clan or can have relations with a faction somehow? Or is it a classic TW Dev things where they say "Oh this works " but it's actually like a .001% change so it never ever is noticed in actual gameplay? Exaggerating but that's how I feel about many effects an mechanics (other then arrows..) in Bannerlord, just don't don't do enough to ever be noticed or useful to the player.

I believe it's clan by clan. + Don't forget to have good relations with the mercenary clans, they're always going to be at war with you.

The southern Empire just declared war against me .. yet I have a 76 relationship with them ...I thought we were friends ..

WHY ??

WHY ??

Diplomacy seems Cracked, warped, split, oilly, smelly, old, worn, hardened, obese, farty, floppy, etc etc

Me too.
I even married my little brother to Ira and the southern empire declares war.
Marriage Alliance and being a kin member should forbid factions to declare war.

It's dishonorable to declare war against a kin member and alliance partner.

Well, the fact that they like you because you released them after some battles or gifted them a hand crafted weapon, doesn't mean they don't want to take your lands or kill your peasants which is somehow realistic imo. If kinship or good relations prevented wars, there'd been much less warfare in medieval times since many ruling dynasties were related to each other one way or another.
Though it'd be cool to be able to take/grant hostages as a token for peace and keep them for an agreed period of time. Declare war while other party still has your kin as hostage, he's executed.

WHY ??

WHY ??

Yep , dip's still broke ma man , soo much dev work still to be done on that!
Fig.

When a friendly small kingdom attacks the player ... it smells like a setup.. they attack with small armies (because that's all they have) , they fail, you attack, trounce them, get paid for peace ... hmmmmmm

There is virtually no diplomacy. There aren't 'relations' between kingdoms, it's one of the biggest parts of what makes 'late game' campaigns start to feel dull and futile.

Diplomacy and improved relations are two of the features that I would love to see implemented in the game, it would make each campaign much more unique and add to the replayability of the game instead of being just a battle after another.

That said, given that declaring war is an act of vote in this game, It kinda makes sense to go to war with a friend if the clan leading the faction is alone in opposing war with you, no?

That said, given that declaring war is an act of vote in this game, It kinda makes sense to go to war with a friend if the clan leading the faction is alone in opposing war with you, no?
It's the fact that even if one kingdom's clans all had +100 relations with the other's they'd still end up declaring war. None of it contributes to any kind of relationship score between kingdoms.

It's the fact that even if one kingdom's clans all had +100 relations with the other's they'd still end up declaring war. None of it contributes to any kind of relationship score between kingdoms.

True, the reason I said improved relations would be something I would love to see. To have them contribute to the campaign the player is doing

WHY ??

WHY ??

It's because troops in this game are so cheap that you make more money from looting their dead bodies that you spend to train & recruit them. War in this game is mutually beneficial financially, they're doing both you and themselves a favour.

It's because troops in this game are so cheap that you make more money from looting their dead bodies that you spend to train & recruit them. War in this game is mutually beneficial financially, they're doing both you and themselves a favour.

Yes, financially I make $$$$$$ out of war but constant wars of attrition are boring as hell, plus you lose all your troops. We NEED to know the REASON why someone is declaring war against you .. "The Southern Empire has declared war against you because ..???? "We hate you!" NO! we are friends, I married a daughter of your noble. "Because you are weak!" NO! I'm stronger than you. .. "Because .. Because !!" .. YES, tarded AI game play to help player ..

Yes, financially I make $$$$$$ out of war but constant wars of attrition are boring as hell, plus you lose all your troops. We NEED to know the REASON why someone is declaring war against you .. "The Southern Empire has declared war against you because ..???? "We hate you!" NO! we are friends, I married a daughter of your noble. "Because you are weak!" NO! I'm stronger than you. .. "Because .. Because !!" .. YES, tarded AI game play to help player ..
they just don't want to pay tribute or maybe you took all their land and they have no income so WARRRRR

Back
Top Bottom