SP - General African Inspired Faction

Users who are viewing this thread

Also, the point of this thread isn't wanting some political representation, it is just that African culture during this time period hasn't really gotten anything in terms of video games.
Do you review anything you write before you hit the post button? Adding something for no other reason than its not being represented anywhere else is the exact definition of political representation.
It wouldn't be political if someone were asking for the Nords to be added in, so it isn't political when someone is asking for an African-inspired nation to be added.
Nordic tribes exist in this game in the form of the Sturgians. Even if you want to split hairs and say that they are not really nords and we need a faction that is plainly named nords, the geography is already right there and it makes sense in the context of the game.

Adding a whole new continent is not the same as having another race of nordic people in the snowy part of the map. Your comparison is pretty dumb.

Think before you type. This isnt your liberal college classroom where you can spew whatever sounds nice and people wont hold you to task. Some of us are actually thinking adults and fed up with all the SJW crap.

Based? Based on what?
I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that maybe english is your second language, or that you are new to the internet...

Adjective​

based (comparative more) based, superlative most based)

1. (slang, of a person) Not caring what others think about one's personality, style, or behavior; focused on maintaining individuality.

• (Internet slang, originally 4chan) Praiseworthy and admirable, often through exhibiting independence and security.
    OP is based as ****
    Based and red pilled

Antonyms: cringe, unbased

This discussion is stupid pants. Like all the other SJW crybaby posts around here that call for more inclusion and diversity, which blemish what should be a gloriously based game.

Let's shut everyone up with a pretty simple bit of research you can all do yourselves. Ready?

Load up the game. Look at the map.

WHERE are you going to fit your "african based" faction? Going to squeeze them in with the Aserai? You want a whole new continent added, even further away from the core imperial lands? All for a faction, that quite frankly, few people are going to be interested in playing as?

I really think some of you have no idea just how much work goes into the core systems of a game like this, let alone what an undertaking it would be to add an entire new faction to satisfy your ideals of representing every color of the rainbow in every piece of media you happen to come across.

I bet you've never played Mount & Blade.
Pretty simple, you can all do yourself. Ready ?

Have a look at M&B map.

WHERE are you going to fit the Sarranid ? Going to squeeze them in with the Khergits ? You want a whole new land add... oh wait, that's exactly what they did with Warband....

And since we are here, we all know between you and me that the whole area between the Khuzaits and the Aserai is very sparse, maybe it's intended by design and I get that, but could host a whole faction with ease. ( given they don't modify at all the map )
I don't know what to think about your conclusion, this topic is pretty much a " what if " suggestion type, I think your mind is a little bit lost if you see a rainbow of ideals on that suggestion.

Do you review anything you write before you hit the post button? Adding something for no other reason than its not being represented anywhere else is the exact definition of political representation.

Nordic tribes exist in this game in the form of the Sturgians. Even if you want to split hairs and say that they are not really nords and we need a faction that is plainly named nords, the geography is already right there and it makes sense in the context of the game.

Adding a whole new continent is not the same as having another race of nordic people in the snowy part of the map. Your comparison is pretty dumb.

Think before you type. This isnt your liberal college classroom where you can spew whatever sounds nice and people wont hold you to task. Some of us are actually thinking adults and fed up with all the SJW crap.

Not quite.
Sturgians are based on Eastern Nords / Scandinavians, the so called Varangians that settled on modern-day Ukraine and Russia ( edit : around the modern day Baltic Countries before, obviously ) , and blended to the Slavs tribes to put in short, creating Kiev afterwards.

Lore-wise the "true" Nords come from another land outside of Calradia if my memory serves well.

Think before you type

Truth has been spoken.

Last edited:
Inappropriate behavior
Oooh clever, you tried to frame your 'point' the same way I did, except you failed at it.

GG beta boy.

Also, what in the actual hell are you talking about? Extending the map a bit to the south and adding a whole new continent are quite a different matter. Maybe geography wasn't your best subject in school, coming in right after english.

No, it means people just want to play as an African-inspired nation because they haven’t vern able to play them in any other game.
The Nords aren’t in the game. They are in WB, but not in BL.

And it doesn’t gave to be a new continent, just extend the map south. The map of Calradia isn’t true to life, so it doesn’t have to be its own thing. If anything, where the Aserai are could just be North Africa. Extend the map south and boom, territory for a African-inspired culture.
I’ve thought out my response pretty well. This isn’t Twitter or 2016, there isn’t a SJW conspiracy to come after a game it seems like you haven’t even really played given what SOku pointed out.

I’ve also been respectful with my points, and you’re resorting to namecalling. Speaks volumes to your intelligence.

Edit: SOku makes another good point. If your arguments are just calling people SJW and that we go to a dumb liberal college, then maybe it isn’t best to derail this thread for that.

Inappropriate behavior
Your crusade to derail this thread is becoming boring I have to admit.

How old are you my friend ?

You're not my friend. I tend to keep smarter company.

I’ve also been respectful with my points, and you’re resorting to namecalling. Speaks volumes to your intelligence.

Edit: SOku makes another good point. If your arguments are just calling people SJW and that we go to a dumb liberal college, then maybe it isn’t best to derail this thread for that.

Translation: "Waaaaa! Waaaaaa! We don't have actual arguments so we are going to CLAIM that he is being meany pants!!! That always worked in college!"

It's easy to pick out the liberals in any room. They're always the first one crying "I'm offended"

Translation: "Waaaaa! Waaaaaa! We don't have actual arguments so we are going to CLAIM that he is being meany pants!!! That always worked in college!"

It's easy to pick out the liberals in any room. They're always the first one crying "I'm offended"
I made my actual arguments in two paragraphs right above that. You’re free to respond.

I made my actual arguments in two paragraphs right above that. You’re free to respond.
Your 'arguments' are more like undisciplined and disjointed thoughts running in a myriad of directions without correctly addressing the points you are allegedly countering.

You have yet to explain how tasking the developers with the job of adding an entire new continent for the sake of an entire new faction that nobody needs and very few want is a good use of time and resources, let alone worthy of a discussion.

What's next? Will we need to include a native american faction so they can get proper representation? How about aborigines? Those poor guys can never get a break. Can't remember the last time I got to play as a powerful aborigine hero in a medieval video game setting.

It's really just easier to point out that you kids are idiots than try to explain anything to you or to get you to use your brains at all.

Agreed, this fails at every turn and was a waste of time for everyone here. Now, if someone capable constructed the same bait, we would have been discussing transgenders in earnest by now.

Actually, despite after all this *hole conversation, why not? Like we have some aarrghh demon hat cold faction, we have 2 roman and half roman empire, we have one mongol like gods, one white ass boi sarranids and europeans. Why not black as coffee african like faction. After all, isn't it all barbie's fantasy world? Like I know you guys have a lot of gamebreaking things to work but, that could keep these guys busy.

7 pages to defend that the Africans had a civilization as developed as us ... I agree that they are poorly represented in the medieval video game world, but instead of talking about an additional faction, maybe propose a minor faction. it would be simpler and that without touching the history of the games

I would like to see a small army of an African inspired faction invading with advance weapons(muskets), would be a nice late game distraction. Probably more a modding thing

I would like to see a small army of an African inspired faction invading with advance weapons(muskets), would be a nice late game distraction. Probably more a modding thing
That reminds me of the Sunset invasion from CK2, where the Aztecs invade Europe and wreck everything. That's a cool idea.

Back
Top Bottom