AI Lords party is 90% Recruit

Users who are viewing this thread

Brianeniko

Recruit
Just want to ask if anyone has the same experience as me. I've experienced AI Lords have 90% recruit in the mid-game even with everything set on very hard (bannerlord except recruitment difficulty, I am too lazy to play the quest lol). It is kinda boring to fight recruits over and over again. I barely see more than 5 imperial legionaries when I fight the empire. The recruits are easily picked off by the fian archers. Same as the others like the khuzait, they have tons of noble sons and qanli.

Sorry if I made a mistake, English is not my first language.

Just want to ask if anyone has the same experience as me. I've experienced AI Lords have 90% recruit in the mid-game even with everything set on very hard (bannerlord except recruitment difficulty, I am too lazy to play the quest lol). It is kinda boring to fight recruits over and over again. I barely see more than 5 imperial legionaries when I fight the empire. The recruits are easily picked off by the fian archers. Same as the others like the khuzait, they have tons of noble sons and qanli.

From my experience the AI does not seem to be great a picking and choosing fights with other AI parties, so often times take a huge amount of casualties even when they win. Which means they then have to go on a recruitment spree so they wind up with a lot of recruits, especially if the war has gone on for some time.

Attack the aserai, you'l probably see a lot of high tier troops. Empires tend to get constantly worn down by each other and thier neighbors.
However there could be some bugs related to thier garrisons troops getting kicked or their parties recruiting and dropping high tier units. Some people have reported this with thier own clan parties and garrisons, it's possible the AI has these problems too, making harder for them to build up much of a force.

IMO they need to change the army influence system and program bots to WANT a higher tier party and actively hunt bandits to level them and refuse armies until they are done. IMO there should be less armies and more parties doing issues and bandits beat downs to build up their money and parties in a way that makes the game feel more alive.

Sometimes when there is war and a lot of fighting and the enemies lose their armies, when they recruit new ones they have a lot of recruits, its just there is no time for them to train up their armies. Usually I feel like whenever I start a new war the first few battles are a bit harder because AI has good troops but after you beat them their troop quality goes down, because they recruit and come fight you again right away with no time for their troops to level up. I think they have been tweaking the AI recruitment here and there by a allowing AI to recruit from better troops, but I don't know exactly where that balance stands at this point.

We have a change coming in the next patch (1.6.0) that should help with this problem. This change will give notables higher tier troops to sell instantly instead of requiring them to train up recruits.

We have a change coming in the next patch (1.6.0) that should help with this problem. This change will give notables higher tier troops to sell instantly instead of requiring them to train up recruits.
Just curious is this going to be a change for all notables or will it only impact town notables vs village notables (instant high tier noble troops)?

Which slots are these instant high tier troops going to be put in? Will it be restricted to the last few or will it just fill up empty slots randomly?

Regardless this should be a really good change. (y)

That sounds like an extremely flimsy band-aid put on a problem that runs much, much deeper. Are there any plans that would attempt to fix the core of the issue?

core of the issue? the core is "notables only provide tier 1 recruits" which are being recruited by AI Lords. The update will get notables to provide more higher tier recruits.

I don't see other solution for OP's concern.

core of the issue? the core is "notables only provide tier 1 recruits" which are being recruited by AI Lords. The update will get notables to provide more higher tier recruits.

I don't see other solution for OP's concern.
The problem is not that lords have a lot of tier 1 recruits in their armies. The problem is that you get to fight them while they have a lot of tier 1 recruits. That's the real issue. And having notables give higher tier troops for recruitment is not the solution, it's a bandaid.

To elaborate: Just the fact that lords (temporarily) have parties full of recruits after they got defeated is not a problem, if anything, it is a good thing. The problem is that they are willing to engage others in battle while having said underpowered parties, instead of trying to level their troops up and avoid combat with strong opponents.

Solutions to that issue are many, but they would require more actual work.

Solutions such as waiting in their castle and it’s vicinity for a few days… just enough to give at least basic training to most soldiers… like in Warband.

To elaborate: Just the fact that lords (temporarily) have parties full of recruits after they got defeated is not a problem, if anything, it is a good thing. The problem is that they are willing to engage others in battle while having said underpowered parties, instead of trying to level their troops up and avoid combat with strong opponents.
Yeah. There should be much more lord activity in general then just joining army or try to raid. They should be actively building thier party and funds and notable relations which brings me to....

Are they going to spend campaign time doing issues and building relations to be able to get those troops, or will they continue to have bonus recruiting? They need to be doing more in game world let alone more down time after defeats. Just giving better troops is not really the improvement that's needed IMO. Not that they'll be getting any of them after I force recruit them all and throw them in a dumpster. Got a fix for that? ? ?

Are they going to spend campaign time doing issues and building relations to be able to get those troops, or will they continue to have bonus recruiting?
The way I read it, they are doing away with the current system -- where notables you recruit from first get a t1 (or t2, for nobles) troop, then that troop "grows" over time into a higher and higher tier -- in favor of just dumping higher tier troops onto the recruit bar.

Is that correct, Callum?

Because if it is, when it is recruiting time, I'm going from this:
IgMyx.gif

To this:
tenor.gif

Cut down the pace of war and battle significantly, so this isn't the Western Front where recruits keep dying by the thousands shortly after joining the army. That's probably the root of the problem. Recruits are churned at such a massive rate that this "fix" is indeed a bandage when the proper treatment required here is surgery.

Back
Top Bottom