Iron man mode

Users who are viewing this thread

Fair enough. I'd much rather have hard options and be able to save normally.
Ironman mode in bannerlord ads absolutely nothing of value and is a complete waste of effort to put it into the game.
Oh wow when the game craps it's self with it's bad AI and unfinished place holder mechanics instead of reloading the save I have to click an X and start the game again WOW WHAT A GREAT NEW FEATURE TY SO MUCH!
Well, some people like the option and you don't have to use it.

Now I agree that the game is still a bit too buggy for ironman to work well, but in general I love playing most games on ironman. For example in xcom2 I'd often get tempted to reload a save on failed missions and this actually makes you miss some of the best content in that game which is rescuing captured agents and so on. Only after trying ironman did I start to really appreciate the game. Lots of games are like that. I imagine that later down the line ironman will make a lot of sense in Bannerlord too, especially if getting captured and escaping is a more fleshed out experience

Also keep in mind that the difficulty in Bannerlord is balanced around sometimes losing battles and being forced to retreat or getting captured, if you reload lost battles and other setbacks that might be why you feel the game is too easy.

I like the idea about making the game more challenging but cheating bandits to infest all the world forcing the player to be fighting them 24x7 is not a good approach in my view. I am even thinking that the current autoscaling for bandits is a bad idea. The last thing I like to do when I am a king, is to personally be fighting looters and bandits like if I would be a simple manhunter.

Some ideas to make the game more challenging:

- Keep improving AI.
- Remove one party for player clan. Why can we build 4 parties while AI clans just 3? It is silly that the player is able to build 4 parties at clan tier 4, while not even AI ruler clans are able to do it.
- Nerf/balance all OP units which allow the player to win battles extremely easy: Archers/xBows, Khan’s Guard, etc.
- Make much harder for the player to be able to sustain full elite units parties.
- Avoid player getting key towns the first couple of days after joining a kingdom.
- Remove/Fix every single exploit in the game.

Well, some people like the option
Really? Who? Everyone hates it because it adds nothing of value. "Oh I can't save more then once, yay" wtf? I think some people like the name ironman because they can pretend they're a hardcore gamer because they picked a setting that sounds hardcore. "Hey everyone look big-****-Rick clicked Ironman mode wow wee gee golly!" Might as well add a batman mode where it's always night or some garbage.
you don't have to use it.
I want good features in the game, not crappy ones. Thanks for the arbitrary mom logic post.

Also keep in mind that the difficulty in Bannerlord is balanced around sometimes losing battles and being forced to retreat or getting captured
Balanced? Nothing is Balanced yet. That'd be a silly thing to balance the game around since the AI has zero chance of beating the player. It can annoy the player, waste the player's time, make the player make suggestion and bug reports, but it can't outright defeat the player unless they don't know how to play at all or have done something silly on purpose.

Keep improving AI.
Yes, any day now TW. "Keep" might be too generous though.... I'd go with START.

Remove one party for player clan. Why can we build 4 parties while AI clans just 3? It is silly that the player is able to build 4 parties at clan tier 4, while not even AI ruler clans are able to do it.
This is a strange one, I wasn't even aware for a long time that the AI had a different limit. I wonder if it's a oversight such as if they're supposed to gain an additional party at clan tier but just don't. With out the ability to direct parties they're all pretty worthless but I think the AI should at least have equal field parties.

Nerf/balance all OP units which allow the player to win battles extremely easy: Archers/xBows, Khan’s Guard, etc.
They need to make infantry and cavalry not worthless piles of garbage first. Ranged carries the entire game and creates the mirage of tactics and gameplay. Without ranged power the game is just brain dead units ramming into each other and it ****ing horrible.

Make much harder for the player to be able to sustain full elite units parties.
They're already way over priced for how good they are. And there's no way to do it unless they enforce party make up like a limit to tiers and types of troops, which actually could be good once they fix the AI and troops. Just doing it via costs only makes newbs mad and has zero effect on anyone who knows how to play.

Avoid player getting key towns the first couple of days after joining a kingdom.
Yeah they should weigh towns differently from castles, it seems very easy to play the "I got no fief" card" to get a town immediately from a faction.

Remove/Fix every single exploit in the game.
Yep, any day now TW.

I'm enjoying Ironman mode after 20-30 hours on hardest settings. If you don't like it then don't use it but don't assume everyone agrees with you when you say 'it adds nothing of value'. I will likely only play Ironman mode from now on.

It's made the game far more interesting for me because I can't save scum anymore. I have to think about what I do more because losing a battle or getting captured actually has consequences. Before I used to replay battles, replay Marriage chances, load back after losing a town. This time I have only been captured once because I have been very aware I don't have that option.

Regarding the OP then more difficulty settings would be great but probably best if this was separate from Ironman mode.

What's the point of playing Ironman if you are getting around Ironman rules? Just play normally.
You sound like my Lawyer! Rules are meant to be broken! If I played by the rules I wouldn't need a Lawyer!

Anyways, That's why it's a nonsense sippy cup 'feature', you can just tick it on, pat you yourself on the back for being a big tough ironman and just play exactly the same and re-load whenever you want anyways! It doesn't even succeed at being an anti-save-scum!

Reeeeeeeee!

Back
Top Bottom