Official Modding Documentation

Users who are viewing this thread

You can. However, Taleworlds didn't and don't recommend it. The scene editor can't sculpt the fine water erosion and weathering channels, which they created in Houdini. World Machine can provide similar erosion. If you sculpt your worldmap in the scene editor, you will probably need to export its heightmap to an external software package to produce comparable results to Calradia's main_map.

Okay, thanks for the info, will look into it :smile:

The documentation definitely need a large part dedicated to explaining how scripts work and explaining in detail what all the functions, variables and objects do and how they may potentially conflict with other variables. I've looked into it with dnSpy but it takes a lot of work to find what you want and figure out how to implement them.

A separate tutorial section would be much appreciated as well. Some basic lightweight tutorials quickly touching on every aspect of the modding tools and scripting assets like creating a basic mission, exporting/importing assets, editing the world map/scenarios, modifying navmeshes and inserting your own scripts etc. in order to get familiar with the tools and all of their functions.

Maybe providing some sample scenes with nothing put the bare minimum to properly function would be nice too. Kind of a "Hello World" scene library with one for a world map scene, another for a battle scene, a town scene etc.

Question from a new Modder. How do I play the map I made with the Modding tools on Custom Battle? I made a simple map using the Map Editor but do not know how to add it to the game. Please let me know where I can look for help, Thank You.

Hello! I have a question about heightmaps. I always have an error "Can not import weight map". I tried 8 and 16 bit, different size and resolutions of image but it's always cause a error. Please tell me if there are any standards for height maps other than " 8-bit or 16-bit (png or raw) ". I'm a newer and I never had modding expirience before so please speak with as mush as it possible simple language with me.

Hello! I have a question about heightmaps. I always have an error "Can not import weight map". I tried 8 and 16 bit, different size and resolutions of image but it's always cause a error. Please tell me if there are any standards for height maps other than " 8-bit or 16-bit (png or raw) ". I'm a newer and I never had modding expirience before so please speak with as mush as it possible simple language with me.
Heightmaps are greyscale images (no colours). Dark shades represent low ground and light shades represent high ground. Ideally, you want to import one pixel of height detail for each vertex in your terrain mesh. However, you can just use a 4,096 x 4,096 pixel heightmap.

Heightmaps are greyscale images (no colours). Dark shades represent low ground and light shades represent high ground. Ideally, you want to import one pixel of height detail for each vertex in your terrain mesh. However, you can just use a 4,096 x 4,096 pixel heightmap.
Thank you!

I appreciate the first iteration of modding tools. Now I'm going to find out what does what and if I can create some stuff that's good enough for a public release. So far, I have nothing achieved (despite having an active account on Nexusmods). Can't wait to get something done, have plenty of ideas I'd love to see ingame.

Hello creators!
We've added our official modding documentation to GitHub where anyone can contribute to it. We accept different contributions including, but not limited to: Issues, Pull requests, Support and Localization. To contribute:
  • Create a personal fork of the project on Github.
  • Clone the fork on your local machine.
  • Add or change the documentation as needed.
  • Commit your changes and Push your branch to your fork on Github.
  • From your fork open a pull request.
GitHub: https://github.com/TaleWorlds/Documentations
Documentation: http://docs.modding.bannerlord.com/

Hello creators!
We've added our official modding documentation to GitHub where anyone can contribute to it. We accept different contributions including, but not limited to: Issues, Pull requests, Support and Localization. To contribute:
  • Create a personal fork of the project on Github.
  • Clone the fork on your local machine.
  • Add or change the documentation as needed.
  • Commit your changes and Push your branch to your fork on Github.
  • From your fork open a pull request.
GitHub: https://github.com/TaleWorlds/Documentations
Documentation: http://docs.modding.bannerlord.com/

Any word on skeletons yet?
btw: the new over ride method is quite awesome, although not intuitive at first.

is there something about weapon physics in the modding doco? As I remember, there was some great info in the TW blog about the relative distance from center of mass to hitting part of the weapon is affecting to damage. Wanna check some theories.

Thanks!

I have a question, what does "RGL" stand for? Is it "ARmagan's Graphics Library" or something? Because this name has been in the game's files since Warband and original M&B.

As a beginner modder, the documentation is exceptionally poor. It tells me absolutely nothing.
Where's the actual explanations of why things are coded the way they're coded? What the function/purpose of a specific class or type is and why its called at game start - in fact, what are the requirements for game start? Can you remove the introduction video? Do you have to have a character creation or can a default character be used? The list of what's missing from the documentation is almost endless...

So. Much. Missing.

Back
Top Bottom