Annoying sound of improve relation

Users who are viewing this thread

iRkshz

Regular
In this video I want to show an example of how every day the player receives a message and a signaling sound about how his relationship with the NPC has improved.
That's just terrible, it destroys my ears and brain (after a few hours of playing, I have to turn off the sound because I get a nervous tic).

This video is a late example, I forgot to record a video when i just got 6 towns and I received 20+ messages a day.
Dear developers, the signaling sound should notify something important. But the fact that I have improved relations with some kind of NPC is not important, it does not matter at all.

Please, I ask you, make an option in the settings - turn off the sound of the notification about the improvement of the relationship... and the gods bless you!

Last edited:
Alternatively just have the notification sound once and then bring up the list of people. Maybe make it a side tab like when armies are created or war/peace is declared. Sound goes off, tab appears and the tab gives you a list of names.

Alternatively just have the notification sound once and then bring up the list of people. Maybe make it a side tab like when armies are created or war/peace is declared. Sound goes off, tab appears and the tab gives you a list of names.
the solution to the problem is to turn the attitude improvement notification on and off OPTIONAL
one button - solution to the problem
it's simple, it won't take up time and resources for implementation

the solution to the problem is to turn the attitude improvement notification on and off OPTIONAL
one button - solution to the problem
it's simple, it won't take up time and resources for implementation

I'm so glad your open to others ideas and opinions. I'll leave you to your task of design and development lead and look forward to the day you finish single handedly save Bannerlord from the abysmal state you found it in.

I'm so glad your open to others ideas and opinions. I'll leave you to your task of design and development lead and look forward to the day you finish single handedly save Bannerlord from the abysmal state you found it in.
nice trolling o7

nice trolling o7
That's not trolling my good fellow forum user, it's me bowing to your clearly superior knowledge of a fun crushing and game ruining problem and how to solve it.
Please continue to do so and if the gods smile upon me, I may gleam a modicum of your wisdom and use it to better my miserable existence.

That's not trolling my good fellow forum user, it's me bowing to your clearly superior knowledge of a fun crushing and game ruining problem and how to solve it.
Please continue to do so and if the gods smile upon me, I may gleam a modicum of your wisdom and use it to better my miserable existence.
the gods heard you, and I am the instrument of the gods, may the gods bless you too :devilish:

Yeah it’s just too much. Just an option to turn off the sound and/or move the notifications to the campaign log would do.

Stop troll.

I'm sure you meant to say 'glean'.

Yes these notifications are annoying. These emissaries roll dice each day. If success you get 1 relation. This 1 relation can be 2-3 because of high charm skill. We will suggest moving emissary bonuses to weekly ticks and increasing relation bonus by 3x (if success) and increase success change by square root of number of notables there (4 notables means 2x success chance). More notables will mean higher change. So you will get about 5x less notifications from emissary.

Yes these notifications are annoying. These emissaries roll dice each day. If success you get 1 relation. This 1 relation can be 2-3 because of high charm skill. We will suggest moving emissary bonuses to weekly ticks and increasing relation bonus by 3x (if success) and increase success change by square root of number of notables there (4 notables means 2x success chance). More notables will mean higher change. So you will get about 5x less notifications from emissary.
will you remove that annoying message sound?

will you remove that annoying message sound?
No. What I heard is there are plans for moving relation gains to different UI but these are not my areas, I do not think it can be done in next patches. Design team or top should decide what should be done there. Actually this emissary thing is not campaign's design too, we just speak with design team about how we can improve it.

However at least 50% of problem is high number of relation gains pop up every day at that issue.

Last edited:
No. What I heard is there are plans for moving relation gains to different UI but these are not my areas, I do not think it can be done in next patches. Design team or top should decide what should be done there. Actually this emissary thing is not campaign's design too, we just speak with design team to improve it.

However at least 50% of problem is high number of relation gains pop up every day at that issue.
this is bad, because this event is not important (as opposed to a siege, birth of a child, growing up of a child, death of a clan member, etc.)
but if these events are combined into one (as a general result per day) and the sound is only once, then it will spare the players' ears

No. What I heard is there are plans for moving relation gains to different UI but these are not my areas, I do not think it can be done in next patches. Design team or top should decide what should be done there. Actually this emissary thing is not campaign's design too, we just speak with design team about how we can improve it.

hey mexxico, now 21 years (soon 22), the gaming community loves usable settings, why don't you make advanced sound settings so that players have a choice of what they want to listen to, for example - what can be turned on and off:
- improving relationships
- the player got the level
- the player's clan members got a level
- the player got a skill choice
- a player's clan member got a skill choice
- the player's child was born
- the player's child grew up
- player's clan member died
- kingdom clan member died
- the raid of the player's settlement has begun
- the raid of the kingdom's settlement began
- the siege of the player's fief has begun
- the siege of the kingdom's fief began
- need to make a decision in the vote
- declaration of war
- declaration of peace
etc

IMHO, I don’t think it’s difficult to do, but I’m sure that the gaming community will appreciate these opportunities, especially new players, and especially bloggers who will review your game

Back
Top Bottom