Exploit: Leadreship + Smithing = Sabotage

Users who are viewing this thread

AI takes money out of thin air
this is where you are mistaken because i made a report on this issue and devs specifically mentioned that kingdom can run out of money and go bankrupt, as a matter of fact in some of the previous betas tw did changed certain things to prevent this from happening early on.

this is where you are mistaken because i made a report on this issue and devs specifically mentioned that kingdom can run out of money and go bankrupt, as a matter of fact in some of the previous betas tw did changed certain things to prevent this from happening early on.
it's a fact - kingdoms can't go bankrupt
I saw it with my own eyes and specifically followed it

Hasn't he previously complained about ai kingdom running out of money and going broke?

Suggesting ignoring it does not make sense to me. This another example that npc lords are just some kind of entity in the game just for player to fight against or to call them to your armies. Sitting with your army while your faction land burns and npc lords in my army or other lords in my faction do not have any means to counter my actions just because I have enough influence to do so. I mean, this is bull****. Even Warband had a mechanic to counter this.
Army strength, which is related to size but not entirely.
That makes sense. I did not notice this maybe because I avoid to gather too much force in my army but I think there should be other things which increase the amount of influence spent to increase cohesion like controversy in Warband.

This is what you refer to, @Althix ?

Last edited:
Before I create my kingdom, I join the counter kingdom of my culture
Basic logic if you're going to vassal for fiefs

But I will not create my kingdom until I have good leaderships (150)
Sure, basic

This is the only one way to get good troops quickly and make good garrisons and reserves quickly.
I disagree and often skip leadership all together and have hundreds of noble troops filling my garrisons much sooner in the game then what you're doing. Like by the time you have 150 leadership I have a faction of fiefs full of em.
I know I know, "this is just how I play and my topic", well it's discussion time in topic vile

I create an army from the leaders of all clans
Yeah I call it a BANNERLORD FEIST, to get that leadership fast, old news, I do it too if I'm a vassal to finish getting 175 sooner, but I don't smith because it's boring and completely not needed in anyways.

The when you get 175 leadership you disband the army and lave the kingdom and immediately take down the bulk of the faction on the spot because they were in you army in front of town.

It's called playing the game

Being a vassal is so boring and easy though.

Suggesting ignoring it does not make sense to me. This another example that npc lords are just some kind of entity in the game just for player to fight against or to call them to your armies. Sitting with your army while your faction land burns and npc lords in my army or other lords in my faction do not have any means to counter my actions just because I have enough influence to do so. I mean, this is bull****. Even Warband had a mechanic to counter this.
I think it is just because over the course of the last year of EA, the balance has shifted quite bit. It is relatively easy to get a horde of influence going but back in May or June of 2020, it was an actual struggle at times. There was one busted influence-generating policy (CotC, 1 influence per notable in all your fiefs) but there was another, more common, policy that routinely dragged players into the negatives on influence (Lawspeakers).

Now that it is a bit smoother to gather influence we see players with enough of it to maintain armies of all the clan leaders in their kingdom, which should be draining their influence stocks but isn't for whatever reason.

I've watched the kingdoms of AI for 30 years in last game (20 full games at all), and I repeat, for AI, money is an illusion

A simple example: I took all the fiefs from Battannia (later Vlandia, and other), after which I did not allow the war, and I watched what would happen - 8 or 10 clans saved up troops, upgraded the troops to t5-t6, after they collected large armies from t5-t6 troops, they started a war.

the question is - if AI have no fiefs and paying tribute, where did the AI get money for hiring, upgrading, maintaining troops? and how does AI buy food?
in the late game, almost all nobles have 200+ troops, and 200 troops t5 is 2400 gold every day for the maintenance of the troops
where do they get the money? killing looters? do you really think so?

I have a lot of material, I haven't compiled all the videos yet, but I claim AI doesn't need money - AI takes money out of thin air

I am a hardcore player, always and in any game I am looking for the best way for maximum results but without cheats - this is called "erudite mindset" - you should know about it if you went to school
am I crying on the forum? Yes! I love to cry - my friends call me "crying evil"
Did you know that all Kingdoms have a Kingdom budget?
All AI-Lords who has more than 30.000 Denare pays into the Kingdom Budget and all Ai-Lords who has less than 30,000 Denare get money from Kingdom Budget.

So even a Kingdom has for a long time no fiefs, their Kingdom Budget can be really big and the bigger the Kingdom Budget is, the longer they get money.

AI does need money, but the AI can have perks(same perks the player can have) they reduce the wages for troops and they get money from the Kingdom Budget.

This "exploit" is extremely gamey. I do not think the devs could write something in the game rules to block you from doing this. If you want a challenge play without the cheesy stuff. If the devs tried to block your playstyle, they might inadvertently hurt the rest of us, that do not play that way.

In Warband, we had controversy mechanic for marshalls.
In Warband, controversy can make your time as marshall very brief. Every time anything bad happens to your faction, your controversy can increase quite rapidly. The larger your faction, the more difficult it is to maintain order.

Once your controversy starts nearing 100, your monarch will want to replace you.

In Warband, we had controversy mechanic for marshalls.

You could still effectively sabotage a faction via high Honor and "you should go here and do (something really stupid)." You could circumvent the entire marshall mechanic that way.

you should be able to sabotage a kingdom, just not in such a stupid way with the AI being bots and not being able to react to the ludicrous events around them, if they can't make a controversy system, they could at least add increasing values to making/maintaining armies for extended periods of time, and cohesion should drop very quickly after they begin to starve.

You could still effectively sabotage a faction via high Honor and "you should go here and do (something really stupid)." You could circumvent the entire marshall mechanic that way.
still makes more sense than locking yourself and other lords inside a castle and doing a diet feast to destroy a kingdom, how can I roleplay that? the mad king rp?

I pretty sure you already know these Apocal. I just copy paste these to make a point.
How to gain honor;
Decline reward for defeating bandits after training peasants+1
Defeat bandits at village during infestation+1
Accept reward after dueling for a lady+1
Accepting blame during intrigue against a lord quest+1
Allow prisoner lord to go free after battle+2
Release an imprisoned lord from another's castle or town+2
Refuse reward after dueling for a lady+2
Rejecting quest to incriminate a lord+2
Allow defeated lord to go free after battle+3
Failing to incriminate a lord+3
Refusing to sacrifice to incriminate a lord+3
Refuse reward for killing a fugitive+3
Refuse reward after persuading lords to make peace+3
Select noble background during Character creation+3

At least, I have to roleplay a honorable fool to make lords do stupid things. But right now, as soon as I join a kingdom, I can summon a ruler clan party or a tier 6-5 clan party to my army just because I farmed 30 bandit party or so. This does not make any sense to me. This influence system needs a rework, imho.

I disagree and often skip leadership all together and have hundreds of noble troops filling my garrisons much sooner in the game then what you're doing. Like by the time you have 150 leadership I have a faction of fiefs full of em.
I know I know, "this is just how I play and my topic", well it's discussion time in topic vile
omg
when you have an army of 1500 troops, you just take the quests "help with the bandits" and JOIN all the bandits to himself
when you finish with a leadership of 150 and a smithing of 330, you will have three towns with +600 forest bandits t4
this is the IMMORTAL reinforcement of the Battania archers (or Khuzaits guards, etc)
but of course, you can collect defective classic T4-T5 troops, that's your business
Did you know that all Kingdoms have a Kingdom budget?
All AI-Lords who has more than 30.000 Denare pays into the Kingdom Budget and all Ai-Lords who has less than 30,000 Denare get money from Kingdom Budget.

So even a Kingdom has for a long time no fiefs, their Kingdom Budget can be really big and the bigger the Kingdom Budget is, the longer they get money.

AI does need money, but the AI can have perks(same perks the player can have) they reduce the wages for troops and they get money from the Kingdom Budget.
I know what the developers wanted to do, but they did not succeed - AI does not go bankrupt, AI does not need money
do as I do, take all the fiefs from any kingdom, and see what happens to him for 3-5-10 years - you will be very surprised

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom