Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes, you are right. While my ears are bleeding from sound of doom, or the PvP balance is the opposite of what we need, I can just enjoy and appreciate the perfect flora instead.
Certainly better than the same bad balance and everything with the only difference being badly optimized flora.

Yes, you are right. While my ears are bleeding from sound of doom, or the PvP balance is the opposite of what we need, I can just enjoy and appreciate the perfect flora instead.
Eeeeh. I was raiding a village the other day and saw a field of uncut wheat textures. It was very immersion-breaking. Besides it's worked on by different teams. The more grounds covered, the better. There are countless minor issues in the game. Like improper ransom text when you random a lord through the tavern, and the UI bug when the village you're currently raiding suddenly changes ownership to a friendly faction.

I also noticed that the "Assosiate Captured by Bounty Hunter" quest is bugged out. If you get knocked out and lose, the quest succeeds instead of failing. I haven't got the chance to reproduce it and I already lost the save before that.

I also noticed that the "Assosiate Captured by Bounty Hunter" quest is bugged out. If you get knocked out and lose, the quest succeeds instead of failing. I haven't got the chance to reproduce it and I already lost the save before that.
Maybe thier goal was to get you knocked out by banditS!

Glad to hear it. But unfortunately, the frequency of crash starts to be game breaking for me. I started new game, removed the mods I could live without but it stayed same. Time to roll back to 1.5.10, I guess.
Did you re-validate files too? Some of the RBM stuff overwrites games files, I had to revalidate when I removed it. I felt the gear changes where too much, but I like the AI changes.

I always save the original files. Just sad really but 1.5.10 is not a bad version anyway.
Yeah, RBM changes gears too much. Decent armors pieces starts like 5000-8000 denars for Khuzaits which is something really pisses me off in early game but I guess you win some, you lose some.

I'm guessing a rally command will never be introduced outside of modding yes? I'm tired of so many troops retreating. Even if we're winning troops pull a French. In fact since 1.6.0. more troops tend to retreat than die or get wounded unless you have cavalry that target them.....which is impossible since you can't tell troops to go after certain units.

OK BS right here who introduced tripping let alone dropping your shield when backing up or the enemy walks right into you so they can 1 shot you?

Last edited:
Game is dumb AF and empty as drum inside for me. Literally nothing interesting for me there:
- no diplomacy
- no kingdom management
- battles without adequate AI and targeting
- fckd up sieges without AI and targeting
- fckd up skill and perks which makes no sense for me
Yeah, mods helped to play 1.5.9 for a few days but this crap is still the same it was after release. Ill check it again couple years later.
Cheers, guys.

Game is dumb AF and empty as drum inside for me. Literally nothing interesting for me there:
- no diplomacy
- no kingdom management
- battles without adequate AI and targeting
- fckd up sieges without AI and targeting
- fckd up skill and perks which makes no sense for me
Yeah, mods helped to play 1.5.9 for a few days but this crap is still the same it was after release. Ill check it again couple years later.
Cheers, guys.
harsh but true

I went back to play Warband. Outside of the garbage graphics and shear clunkiness. Also joke of a siege (100 men up a ladder acting as a ramp/staircase). All that aside I do enjoy it more. The mods are just the icing on the cake. Meanwhile Bannerlord is just that poorly made cake sitting in a pile of flies and maggots in the hot summer sun by the dumpster with a 50% off sign every few weeks in the hopes to lure/fool people into buying it and thinking it will be good just because its using richer frosting to make it look better. But everyone knows looks arn't everything.

Glad to hear it. But unfortunately, the frequency of crash starts to be game breaking for me. I started new game, removed the mods I could live without but it stayed same. Time to roll back to 1.5.10, I guess.
Just wanted to say, i just came back to bannerlord after a couple of months and was going to not play 1.6 because of your comment about the frequency of crashes. Glad i tried it out anyway, cause ive played about 10 hours straight so far and experienced zero crashes. I dont use mods at all though, so im guessing its one of your remaining mods thats making your game crash. Anyone considering trying the 1.6 beta, go ahead, its great and very stable so far.

Hair on campaign map is still bugged

jG6pp0m.png

I'm guessing a rally command will never be introduced outside of modding yes? I'm tired of so many troops retreating. Even if we're winning troops pull a French. In fact since 1.6.0. more troops tend to retreat than die or get wounded unless you have cavalry that target them.....which is impossible since you can't tell troops to go after certain units.

OK BS right here who introduced tripping let alone dropping your shield when backing up or the enemy walks right into you so they can 1 shot you?
Try buying a range of foods for your troops, it sounds like you have very low party morale. I've never had many of my troops run.

The choice is weighted RNG but apparently with a bug in it.
Yep. Bug's still there I think.

@Warbandit Bannerlordie If you want an easier time breaking out prisoners, look for settlements with low security and wall level 1. The minimum number of guards that will spawn in a prison break is 2, and 1 extra will spawn for each level of wall. Then 1 less will be spawned for settlements below 40 security, and 1 more will spawn in settlements with security above 70. Security between 40 and 70 doesn't add or remove a guard. So for example, a settlement with a security of 30 and wall level 1 will only spawn a total of 2 guards, while a settlement with a security of 75 and wall level 3 will spawn 6 guards.

Is it realistic other clans want to leave their kingdom and join you when you have no fief and less power and they already have fiefs in their kingdom? What is benefit for them at this deal? They act realistic and want more in that case. You have to spend some time and find clans which has no good relationships with their king and economically weak (you can see that info at encylopedia) and fiefless. All are not must of course but money you need to spend changes according to how many of these are checked also your relation with that clan leader and members are also important too.

Another option is hiring minor clans and another option will be added later and player will be able to create new clans from his companions (of course limited to time / player clan tier / etc).

I think they will be enough for player to cope with kingdoms if right decisions are taken. Of course this will not be easy task and it's normal players are getting hard days when they are first initiated their kingdom.

Also about other topic. If they will want from you too much money after persuasion steps compared to your current financial situation they directly reject to save player from time. Thats all. Of course maybe with future additions denars opponent clan want to change sides would change according to persuasion steps however currently that system is not working like that so best is breaking dialog at first if final amount is too much for player. Later if persuasion steps effects money opponent will want this initial breaking dialog conditions can be changed.
I love that they are going to add the ability to turn companions into clans. That's a huge game changer. (can we change their names too???).

My main gripe with the game is that as a king i have to run around the map doing petty annoying things to convince a clan to join me. It takes hours just to get a single clan to join. Its absolutely annoying and kills immersion. I've had tons of clans with insanely high relations and its still a hassle. Why can't we just have some minor clans that can join us. That actually come to us and ask to join. I literally quit every time i get to my own kingdom cause the game just gets to stagnant at that point. Run around to get clans to join, all your caravans are useless in the maze of bandits that you can't do anything about, all the while trying to defend what you have. A change in this area is desperately needed imo. It shouldn't be that hard to add, there's literally a mod thats already done it. I havent tried it but i've heard constantly about consider my kingdom mod. Why are great QOL things like this overlooked? Don't take it as me complaining i absolutely love the game, and 1.6 is running great imo. I just absolutely hate the late game. And someone summed it up perfectly, Why do we have to be at a point where we are basically solo wrecking the whole game before we can get clans to join us. You have to do so much just to get a kingdom, especially if you play like me and dont backstab a kingdom and leave with fiefs. I always go out strike a war on a weakened enemy and take a castle to get going. Then fight like hell to defend it and hope that at some point i'll be able to go get a clan to join and help the effort. Then i'll have to spend half a day in real finding one and convincing them to join, that is if at that point i have a large enough bank account before the bandits cause havoc on my income. Access to clans earlier is needed.

Any eta on a hotfix? This build has save file issue that crashes game all the time, so can't play until it's fixed :/

Run around to get clans to join, all your caravans are useless in the maze of bandits that you can't do anything about, all the while trying to defend what you have.
Using the messenger feature from Diplomacy Fixes really cuts down on the BS here, so that might be helpful to you.

But honestly clan persuasion is still a PITA even with that and engame is still a chore to play. The fact that bandits scale with player level and never stop spawning wreaks havoc in the lategame too. I hear that using the patrol feature from Improved Garrisons helps with that.

Then there's the janky inheritance mechanics - and I think there's another mod I haven't tried at all which actually establishes several different paths for determining faction leadership for each faction.

All of these are just bandaids on a bullet wound, though: there's nothing to do in the engame but become the snowball. To be fair, there was nothing to do in endgame Warband but watch enemies snowball as all of the lords who don't like you congregate in the last independent town in Calradia.

This is kind of a stretch because of its own troubled dev process, but one game I like to point to that really gets endgames right is Stellaris. In each stage of the game, there are fun things that spice up otherwise boring play: early game has exploration minigames + midgame is where the meat of major diplomacy and wars hits the fan + late-game crisis is where it all hits the fan with a scaled apocalypse that upsets the established order.

One suggestion I have for devs (*nudge* @Dejan ) is that the endgame mission result in a permanent change in the status quo, either:
  • The Empire is reestablished and ALL Empire lords who don't hate your guts (including the losing faction leaders) join the surviving Empire faction as vassals
  • OR
  • The Empire is destroyed permanently and ALL Empire lords join different factions as vassals (or even become independent bandit lords who get executed with no penalty when they get caught)
One thing that would really help the endgame is if larger factions at peace would have limited internal wars as cliques of lords with grudges press claims on each others' territory and raid villages and get sanctioned for treason by the ruler etc. It'd also be great if there were some internal feedbacks that regulate bandit spawn rate so they don't constantly breed like rabbits forever and some other feedback mechanism so the AI can respond to increases in bandit population without constant player babysitting.

Yes... adding something like a clique mechanic where lords have secondary loyalty to cross-faction groups based on personality type would be complicated and probably a total pain to balance. Same goes for internal wars. I'd settle for a "great flippening" mechanic at the end of the main questline as a reward for putting up with it.

The problem is that there's really nothing going in BL other than combat and that gets stale once it becomes a pointless grind - and it's already dangerously close to "pointless grind" even in the midgame.

Yep. Bug's still there I think.

@Warbandit Bannerlordie If you want an easier time breaking out prisoners, look for settlements with low security and wall level 1. The minimum number of guards that will spawn in a prison break is 2, and 1 extra will spawn for each level of wall. Then 1 less will be spawned for settlements below 40 security, and 1 more will spawn in settlements with security above 70. Security between 40 and 70 doesn't add or remove a guard. So for example, a settlement with a security of 30 and wall level 1 will only spawn a total of 2 guards, while a settlement with a security of 75 and wall level 3 will spawn 6 guards.
Thank you Bannerman Man.

I was just testing the Prison Breaks and the leveling of an Honest Rogue in 1.6.0. Breaking out all the falsely accused innocent people from prisons. ????
I read you did a lot of test of Roguery and the Prison Breaks, so you know how long it takes to level.

To TaleWorlds
In general I think the fun part of Roguery for me is early to mid game, where I am broke and fighting Looters and clearing Hideouts, doing small Quest and leading Bandit Troops as a Mercenary makes sense as they require less resources. But I also make lots of money with Trade and even Smith (Smith really? who would have thought). So at some point I can no longer go out of my way to do Rogue stuff because there is little money in it.

To level the skill with Prison Breaks in 1.6.0. I need to be skilled in fighting and I need costly gear. Not early game friendly or even mid game. I tested with all kinds of weapons and farm tools and smith tools. Nothing comes close to easy and of course the delirious prisoner is not making the escape easier.

The perks that make Prison Break "easy" are Perks like Last Hit and Head Hunter 175 in Throwing and others but some are as high up as 250 in multiple skill trees, including Roguery itself. The guards need to die in one or two hits or the prisoner might end up dead or me. So extreme high skill and perks are needed and quality expensive weapons. With the 1.5.9 Athletics I could do with less skill and gear than with the nerfed Athletics in 1.6.0.

And why it should be easy, because it is easier to defeat an Army on the Battlefield than it is to do some of the Prison Breaks. What is the point TaleWorld is making here?

What is the purpose of Roguery, if not doing some Bandit stuff early on, until one can afford to become a Vassal Noble Lord.

In 1.6.0 there are so many Noble troops that the idea about getting Bandits and converting them is no longer as useful if at all.

Roguery loses its appeal the more powerful one gets into the game because its simply not as useful nor as easy to level.

Stats for Conan the Honest Rogue
Roguery CNG 9+5 and 184 mostly from Prison Breaks. I have gone far of the track to find these prisoners when I could be making money I have PAID money to break out people.
In the meantime Scouting +5 has risen to 217 from just roaming the map. Tactics are at 70.
Trade is at 224 with only SOC 4+5
Steward is at 236 with only INT 4+5

In short I do not need Roguery anymore and certainly not when I hit 250 Trade and 275 Steward.

Prisoner: @mexxico Can you help me out of here good Sir, You see I lost my key and need to be at a Birthday Party ?

Back
Top Bottom