Some questions about building melee character

Users who are viewing this thread

vertibird

Recruit
Greetings, I have a couple of questions:
1-I try to play as a two hander (with axe for cleaving), but with recent athletics nerf I cant catch most units although I travel light. Also whenever I try to go berserk into enemy I either end up with a throwing spear/arrow/bolt whatever on my head or they catch me and I try to block 5 people at a time and fail.
2- They say bardiche is great, which faction sells bardiche?
Thanks!

Greetings, I have a couple of questions:
1-I try to play as a two hander (with axe for cleaving), but with recent athletics nerf I cant catch most units although I travel light. Also whenever I try to go berserk into enemy I either end up with a throwing spear/arrow/bolt whatever on my head or they catch me and I try to block 5 people at a time and fail.
for some reason routing units go super-speed so you can almost never catch them even before the athletics nerfs.
have a shield equipped on your character. it will allow you to approach them even under heavy fire. once close enough, put the shield on your back as it will reduce damage taken if hit from behind.
don't try to block 5 people a once. best to kite them into a single dense blob by running around in cycles then continuously side-step and attack.

2- They say bardiche is great, which faction sells bardiche?
Thanks!
Aserai sells bardiche, but there are other powerful two-handed weapons as well: Valandia sells short-bill, Sturgia sells drilled axe, and Batannia has a lot of good two-handed swords which is good with level 150 two-handed skill since you can deflect arrows.

hope this helps

for some reason routing units go super-speed so you can almost never catch them even before the athletics nerfs.
have a shield equipped on your character. it will allow you to approach them even under heavy fire. once close enough, put the shield on your back as it will reduce damage taken if hit from behind.
don't try to block 5 people a once. best to kite them into a single dense blob by running around in cycles then continuously side-step and attack.

Aserai sells bardiche, but there are other powerful two-handed weapons as well: Valandia sells short-bill, Sturgia sells drilled axe, and Batannia has a lot of good two-handed swords which is good with level 150 two-handed skill since you can deflect arrows.

hope this helps
1. Question: are you able to deflect arrows constantly? I men if 5 Archers are shooting at you, all with 1 sec time delay, are you able to deflect all arrows? If yes 2. Question: how? I think it's difficult to achieve.

dude you are a lord. even when you want to fight on foot, go in with a horse.
there were these infantrymen called dragoons and they travelled on horse but fought on foot.

on a horse you can ride past a group of fleeing enemies and dismount to turn and cut them all down or charge into an enemy formation from the flank, dismount and start chopping or go in on an armorless horse, wait for it to die and keep swinging

for fun, i got a bunch of companions, equipped with 2h and heavy armor on this 130 hp horse from cheat manu with 0 barding. they charge in combat and get dismounted to wreak havoc

Back
Top Bottom