Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

Users who are viewing this thread

I feel that moral has a more important role right now, usually my men fought until the last man but now if I have lost around 2/3 of men they start running. The same thing happens with the enemies, when facing small group of bandits I have to hold the fire of my archers otherwise they start running far before reaching my line.
yes I felt the change too.
And also, AI combat improvements or is it just me? (not just cavalry, and I mean blocking and stuff)

Companions are dying with 100% reduced chance of death for clan selected, not my save game watching a stream
We are aware and already working towards a fix for this one.
So can we marry siblings to Clan Leaders now ? I'm waiting for a damn fix since I've seen this thread ( from March )

The fix for this is deployed with 1.5.10.
  • Fixed a bug that disabled the ability of marrying siblings to a leader of another clan.

yes I felt the change too.
And also, AI combat improvements or is it just me? (not just cavalry, and I mean blocking and stuff)
Another stupid thing I love is that my wife is my body guard when entering in a scene, I guess that is because I married her before getting any companion but I did the same thing in previous patches and as soon as you have one companion he becomes your body guard. Not sure if it is something intended or just or good luck but I love it. Now I have a reason to gift her a nice dress.

To be honest it will be a small but lovely feature being able to select who will be your body guard.

I had also a small battle that surprised me, I was knocked at the start due a far arrow shoot (I had very low health from the previous battle), the AI toke the control and it did pretty well. It advanced the archer line and they start firing, when the enemy closed they retreat behind the infantry line and then the infantry charged. Maybe it is not an impressive tactic but it is correct and well executed.

It is nice notice these improvements...
Glad to see I'm not the only one noticing the AI improvement on the battlefield.
I have experienced 2 battles of 1000+ men each side (as a mercenary, fully relying on AI decisions...), and it was nice to see all those well executed orders.

Imo it is not quite correct to interpret doings of XI century using modern logic of the current world.
Today in the prosperous countries the "poor" won't starve and even in a case of shortage of food supplies the information will be spread very fast and the suppliers will deliver needed positions using modern world's logistics.
But in the Middle Age you can have a lot of gold but still the population dying from starvation because of bad harvest. Because all of the wealth was in hands of very few noble people and peasants have nothing barely living from one harvest to another. In the history, even much later in XVIII century there were situations when rich people were swimming in luxury and poor people didn't have any food to eat at the same time like in France before revolution.

That still shows a disconnect between prosperity and food.

I would really love to be able to give food to only my garrison. Like have storage I can just pile food in to save in case of a shortage, for just the garrison. I don't care at all about prosperity, my only interest is not loosing troops that I store in the garrison. I would gladly take another punishment like less taxes/prosperity or such and be able to feed just my garrison if need be.
Also, I'd like to pay a caravan to supply my siege or army (by talking via notables who own them). At least I should be able to order my companion to do that for me. The AI should also have the same option.

We are aware and already working towards a fix for this one.

The fix for this is deployed with 1.5.10.

Many thanks ! :grin: That was my bad I didn't see it.

you are right there . your post said [So can we marry siblings to Clan Leaders now] i was talking siblings my sister she can..

Yes I didn't try anything with sister / daughters as they leave the clan after marrying them, not worth :grin:

Been playing 1.5.10 for a few hours now and I've noticed that I can no longer control my troops once the enemy starts retreating. Which means my cavalry who's been standing in reserve, waiting to kill the enemy once they route, no longer can get the charge command.

So the enemy runs away without being harrassed because the infantry and archers cant reach them.

Is this the intended design?
TW said half the troops should be cheering and half should still receive orders, is it not the case? must be bugged then

TW said half the troops should be cheering and half should still receive orders, is it not the case? must be bugged then
for me that's what is currently happening. half of my cav is cheering/following me and the other half is going and killing enemies. Trick is you gota order them to charge before you hear the victory music.

for me that's what is currently happening. half of my cav is cheering/following me and the other half is going and killing enemies. Trick is you gota order them to charge before you hear the victory music.
If the enemy doesn't have cav that i need to use my own to protect the flanks i usually leave them in reserve and command to charge as soon as the enemy routs, this change will be annoying to this playstyle to say the least..

My companion is complaining because we are raiding villages... First time I see that.
Does it mean 1.5.10 introduced trait related behaviour for companions as well?

Back
Top Bottom