Poll for a melee only TDM server

Should there be infantry class only tdm servers?

• Yes

Votes: 25 44.6%
  • No

Votes: 24 42.9%
  • Yes, but just without cav and with archers

Votes: 7 12.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

You don't need to play TDM daily to make an opinion of it. The gamemode has not changed for months if not a year and how anyone can call this gamemode "decent" is being a complete fool

The problem with this idea is what if someone is better at the game than me and they keep killing me and typing 'lol', what do I do if I can't use the class system hard counter meta to cheese that troll and kill him, switch to cav and sloppily bump him to death, switch to archer and climb a wall, dump 30 arrows for 3 kills at range, if i can't do that how am I supposed to get revenge on the people having fun?

Anyway, out of all of the people speaking against the idea, how many of you actually play TDM regularly out of curiosity?
I mainly play TDM, because that's the fastest and most populous option.

If there's an inf only server and people are mostly there, I'll just go there. As I've said, I can handle fighting any class, so I don't care. Besides, that's the pattern I see with people. When they want a siege, the TDM will be empty. Most of the time it's TDM time. People don't really split themselves.

That is why I voted yes. Just for the potential that some people will come back, and I kinda want to try it out.

What this game really needs is rng, if you're blocking too well and killing everyone, have the game throw you a random missed block so that other people can get a free kill to keep the game balanced.

Just accept it? I often meet people who are better than me in this game, and when they kill me I just think well-played. It's just a video game.
NOOOOOOO! THE GAME'S NOT BALANCED! LOOOOK AT THAT FEINT! IT'S BROKEN! HE LOOKS LIKE HE'S TWITCHING HE'S MOVING SOOO FAST I JUST DON'T LIKE THE WAY FEINTING LOOKS AND CHOOSE NOT TOOO!!!

The problem with this game is that it still has what we enjoyed from the last game, directional based blocking and attacking and feinting, but the new meta makes it so people don't have to do that in order to win, just exploit overpowered shields, cavalry, javelins and archers.

I play it every now and then. But as a inf player, I can't find much enjoyment, because of the massive two-handed inf blobs spamming left and right without team damage. I would love to play shield inf with spear, but what's the point if your shield is going to break in first 15 seconds.
I agree that the 2handed spam is really bad, and even in TDM as it is now you're forced to go 2handed if you want to stand any chance as infantry. The worst part is that if you grab a shield and spear to protect yourself from cav and archers, then you're just a meal on legs for 2handed, yet if you go 2handed you'll inevitably die from archers or cav. Nothing is safe in this meta, and so much of the time your success boils down to class selection rather than skill which is wack.

Team Damage should be enabled too, like people have posted above. For some reason the game can't even handle friendly fire with-out crashing though.

Anyway, I think anyone that is advocating or not for this mode would like to see better balance all-around and ideally a change to the 2handed infantry meta. I still think this mode would provide an experience that you couldn't even get even if each class was balanced perfectly.

Im not trying to convince anyone to vote yes or no. All im saying is that the nay-sayers are being quite vocal, even though there isn't much to loose for the people who don't want to play a inf only server anyway.

@Namakan
We will see if it ever happens..
Thanks, your points are spot on

A better spawn system for TDM would also fix a lot of these issues, but TW hasn't even acknowledged that as an issue
They work, and actually I have more fun when, the tdm server is only like 10-20 on each side, when they are full it just gets obnoxious with you either spawning in the middle of a fight or miles away from it.

Back
Top Bottom