Warband Remastered

Would you like to see a remastered Warband?

• I support this as a Warband boomer who wanted Warband+

Votes: 43 32.3%
  • I support this because my ancestors told me tales of Warband's greatness

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • No, they should focus on Bannerlord

Votes: 62 46.6%
  • No, they should give up on everything and commit company sudoku

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • I'm special and want a remastered Warband MP only

Votes: 10 7.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Mad Vader

Duhpressed
Duke
Warband is old and ugly enough to deserve a remaster. All the graphics could be upgraded to Bannerlord or better standards, and the engine performance tweaked so it would use modern PC resources efficiently or at all. A few gameplay additions like diplomacy and better formation AI would be welcome as well.

Should Taleworlds do this? And if they do, should they drop everything (leaving a skeleton team to fix Bannerlord bugs and abandoning their space game) and prioritize a Warband remaster?
Or should all Warband players die of old age just like Warband and leave the new Bannerlord players alone?
You can't have all at once as Taleworlds resources are limited, they are barely developing Bannerlord.

Stop Vader, these are painful thoughts of what will never happen.

Also they'd inevitably screw up some core mechanics in the process for 'artistic vision' and it'd ruin the legacy of an otherwise great game.

If they remastered it, they would just change it from what we love. Instead of ironing out kinks, they would just change the features entirely to try and fix it. Which I could never support. However, if it can be done, I would definitely like a graphical upgrade for Warband. I'd at least settle for a better CC. :lol:

Isn't Bannerlord a better version of Warband? I don't see any logical point to make Warband Remastered.

In what way is Bannerlord a better version of Warband? How do you play both and come to the conclusion that they are similar in meaningful way? In graphics it is superior only, perhaps, but nothing more.

In what way is Bannerlord a better version of Warband? How do you play both and come to the conclusion that they are similar in meaningful way? In graphics it is superior only, perhaps, but nothing more.
You may be right. I only participated in Bannerlord beta so my ideas about Bannerlord could be wrong.

So did Bannerlord disappointed you after Warband?

At the current stage, yes, it has. There are some things they do right/better, but overall I do not find Bannerlord to be what I expected out of it and currently find more fun with Warband, despite its graphical inferiority and age.

Bannerlord's combat mechanics are better, at least for SP in my humble opinion, the problem is all this missing features from warband or that has been replaced for something worse (like marriage).

In the end you feel fighting a series of battles without any real target, just because you doomed to be always at war no matter what ever faction you join or even if you have your own kingdom.

I don't see the point into remastering WB at this stage, just finish BL and let mods the job to make the game great... sad, but I guess that it is the only real option

Bannerlord's combat mechanics are better only in that it responds quicker, but I do not consider the overall combat to be superior, especially in SP.

Bannerlord's combat mechanics are better, at least for SP in my humble opinion, the problem is all this missing features from warband or that has been replaced for something worse (like marriage).

As far as multiplayer's combat mechanics go, there's an entire section of the forum highlighting the many problems on that front.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/the-fields-of-valour-multiplayer.657/

The thing is, since it all runs on the same framework, a lot of those mechanics issues also bleed over into singleplayer. Plus, singleplayer is plagued with unbalanced damage calculations, armor calculations, the pre-eminence of ranged units over everything, troop stats and equipment, highly questionable A.I. (especially in sieges), and wonky hitboxes and weapon reach. All of these things fall under the umbrella of a game's combat mechanics.

Warband combat parameters were simpler, more measured, and more effective.

Warband is old and ugly enough to deserve a remaster. All the graphics could be upgraded to Bannerlord or better standards, and the engine performance tweaked so it would use modern PC resources efficiently or at all. A few gameplay additions like diplomacy and better formation AI would be welcome as well.

Should Taleworlds do this? And if they do, should they drop everything (leaving a skeleton team to fix Bannerlord bugs and abandoning their space game) and prioritize a Warband remaster?
Or should all Warband players die of old age just like Warband and leave the new Bannerlord players alone?
You can't have all at once as Taleworlds resources are limited, they are barely developing Bannerlord.
They should at some point at least consider this move... it has been recently popular milking cow for many companies (e.g. ROME Total War Remastered).

I'd love to see it but they would never do it because if they did, 90% of the player base and the entire mod scene would abandon Bannerlord and migrate to Warband Remastered, and that would be pretty embarassing.

Back
Top Bottom