Game finished after 10 Hours of playing?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Why do so many people want to complain about a game beeing unfinished that is in mid-development?
If I pay for a coffee and the coffee takes hours and hours to make, beans still have to be picked, dried, transported, transported again, get packed - and unpacked and ehe-ehe-ven-tually end up in my coffee I’d complain because that is just incredible bad business practice. Oh and if I ask how it will take till me coffee gets here; stay silent. Instead just give me regular updates of things you ran out of. Sorry, no more sugar. Oh and were out of milk as well. Guess you’ll have to ask some modders outside the shop to give you milk or sugar.

Jo guys I truly want to know what exactly can you do if you play 10 hours and reached all?

I got Clan Tier 3 had 3 Castles as a Vassal.
I have a wife and a child.
I have a good Army and I have very good armor and weapons.

After about 8 hours I feel like i played the game to finish!!!
What can I do now?

Our Clan Leader is sometimes making war, sometimes we have to defend war but thats all?
Its just a fighting Simulator after 8 hours of gameplay?!

Is that really all or do you have an idea what is possible now?
Kind of surprised you got to Tier 3 in 10 hours. Suppose if you start as Mercenary right away at Tier 1 that's doable. Personally I hate being in A.I. Armies just because of how bad the A.I. is. For whatever reason my first couple dozen hours things went pretty well, otherwise I imagine I would have given up on the game entirely. Joined WE and Garios basically steamrolled the Battanians, but that was like 1.4 something.

Initially I played on 1/3rd Damage Reduction, mostly because I was alarmed how quickly my PC died in battles/tournaments. But I also realized this made the game incredibly easy/unfair - so eventually I got to a point where I felt comfortable playing on Realistic. Which makes the game a little more interesting.

For most folks the real end goal is to create a Kingdom (which you need to be Tier 4), and provided you have patience maybe try conquering Calradia. That will take some 100 hours or more though for sure. That or see your kid eventually grow-up and Player Character die.

IDK the game is broken in so many ways: Smithing lets you make absurdly valuable weapons to the point it makes money a non-issue for the player. Siege A.I. needs so much work it's not even funny. Any sort of meaningful dialogue/decisions is largely missing from the game.

The game is playable, sure. But yeah it's definitely not what it should be. Still waiting for some perks to be functional after a whole year LOL.

Quit while you're ahead OP. Come back in 2022 or 2023, maybe there will be some Mods/Overhauls to do Bannerlord's engine actual justice at that time.

Jo guys I truly want to know what exactly can you do if you play 10 hours and reached all?

I got Clan Tier 3 had 3 Castles as a Vassal.
I have a wife and a child.
I have a good Army and I have very good armor and weapons.

After about 8 hours I feel like i played the game to finish!!!
What can I do now?

Our Clan Leader is sometimes making war, sometimes we have to defend war but thats all?
Its just a fighting Simulator after 8 hours of gameplay?!

Is that really all or do you have an idea what is possible now?
you could try the harder route which is create your own kingdom from scratch i personally find it more enjoyable than joining a already existing nation and there is a much bigger hurdle to over come since you are one clan against literal thousands of soldiers playing on max difficulty also makes you think more you need tier 4 to create a kingdom and to add on to a previous post i advise not going the smithing route because it makes it braindead and might as well enable cheats at that point. Playing without smithing is possible and it makes you manage your income

Said this at the start of EA, called it that they wouldn’t improve it within a year(back when it was thought EA would last a year), slowly more and more people are realising the game is shallow empty and just a giant meat grinding simulation.
When you get older you will realize literally all games are shallow and it sucks but you learn to move on i am currently in a situation where all games bore me but i want to find a new one

I don't think you can 'finish' Bannerlord or Warband. It's a sandbox where you set your own goals.

Unless your hyped on the story quest lo

Oh man ....
GTA is a Sandbox after you finished the best Story, Red Dead is a Sandbox with the best Story ever written.

Bannerlord , for me, feels like a War Simulator, and to be honest a bad one!

For me im done with the game after 12 hours now.
It feels really empty.

Early and Mid game is really good and it feels awesome but after about 10 hours it really lacks on content.

Therefore I stop with Bannerlord.
I play CK if I want to play a middle Ages Game.

I hope the game will get Content but as far as I can see many devs jump off the Project and I dont think it will ever get what was promised.

This will be my last visit here on this forum so all stay healthy and have a good life :smile:

If I pay for a coffee and the coffee takes hours and hours to make, beans still have to be picked, dried, transported, transported again, get packed - and unpacked and ehe-ehe-ven-tually end up in my coffee I’d complain because that is just incredible bad business practice. Oh and if I ask how it will take till me coffee gets here; stay silent. Instead just give me regular updates of things you ran out of. Sorry, no more sugar. Oh and were out of milk as well. Guess you’ll have to ask some modders outside the shop to give you milk or sugar.
that analogy doesent work. The game is a EA title and you knew this before hand.

Complaining the game isent finished while you knew before hand it wasent finished is asinine.

that analogy doesent work. The game is a EA title and you knew this before hand.

Complaining the game isent finished while you knew before hand it wasent finished is asinine.
Obviously everyone knows it's in early access. The complaints aren't about the game being unfinished. After a year of bug fixes, little added content, tweaks, scrapped features and rejected ideas it doesn't seem likely that the finished product will have much more substance than what we already have.

I'm sure everyone wants to have wars and battles, but the fact that they almost never stop and virtually nothing else happens makes what should be the most fun and dramatic part of the game into something tedious and humdrum.

Obviously everyone knows it's in early access. The complaints aren't about the game being unfinished. After a year of bug fixes, little added content, tweaks, scrapped features and rejected ideas it doesn't seem likely that the finished product will have much more substance than what we already have.

I'm sure everyone wants to have wars and battles, but the fact that they almost never stop and virtually nothing else happens makes what should be the most fun and dramatic part of the game into something tedious and humdrum.
Do they though? If you are comparing the game to a cup of coffee that still needs its beans picked you are coming across as someone who expects a finished product, which a EA title isent by shear defenition of the EA part.

I would love to see the game be in a better condition and have more content in it just as much as the next guy. They expected to need a year to finish and they need more time. Thats how things go. **** happens. I dont see what anyone hopes to gain by beeing a negative nancy on the forums.

Do they though? If you are comparing the game to a cup of coffee that still needs its beans picked you are coming across as someone who expects a finished product, which a EA title isent by shear defenition of the EA part.

I would love to see the game be in a better condition and have more content in it just as much as the next guy. They expected to need a year to finish and they need more time. Thats how things go. **** happens. I dont see what anyone hopes to gain by beeing a negative nancy on the forums.
You remind me of myself when I first joined these forums.

This will be my last visit here on this forum so all stay healthy and have a good life :smile:
I wish I had your strength. Enjoy your life sweet prince.

Thing is isn't *unfinished*. it's unfun/it's full of aweful design choices. It has an incredibly bleak future considering what used to be promised before EA and that reality of what they are planning to accomplish now. It's also riddled with issues that make it "unplayable" for many.

Played many good ea games, this isn't one of them and never will be until TW smartens up.

Yes, endless wars is by far the most annoying thing in the game currently. As king, or vassal, most of the time you do not have a single day to do anything different to fight battles (if you care about your kingdom keeping its fiefs). I barely can find time to get a new wife if I lost her, or to try to get a new kid, to try to recruit a new specific clan, or to go to a far away town to buy some horses. I know that we do not have much late game content currently but the current war pace does not even allow us to enjoy the few other features we have currently, different to endless wars.

Seriously, getting at least 10-15 days of total peace would be pretty much appreciated but it rarely happens.

Concerning the game lacking late game content, while it is true, for me the biggest issue currently is related to a poor balancing. We cannot enjoy the aging&death feature because characters take ages for dying, and same for getting the new kids ready. Aging&death is the most wasted feature we have currently for sure. Then we have a poorly balanced leveling system, and increasing some companions’ skills is insanely hard. Then we have smithing, which is not enjoyable at all for me because it is broken, and it feels like cheating the game.

If we think about battles, once you get some high tier archers, the game is over and we are able to facerolling the poor AI.

Equipment is ridiculously expensive and getting some fighter companions, buy expensive equipment for them and enjoy use them as bodyguards is impossible (if you do not want to cheat the game with smithing), and getting a regular Empire recruit is always cheaper and easier, because after some few days we can upgrade them to legionaries who perform much better than companions in battles due to equipment. So yes, while we need more end game content, the biggest problem in my view is the current content being totally wasted due to balancing issues.

EA isn't a badge you can stick on any steaming pile of code and call it a day.

Im going to try another analogy, I like those.
I'll dumb it down:

I buy a game *completely hypothetical here* and the cover of the game says that I can do 3 super-cool things. And that the company needs my advice on making those 3 super-cool things better. I think to myself, neat-o! I can play and help making the game better!

But then I open the box. I look out the window. It starts raining, nay, storming. Instead of the promised 3 super-cool things theres just 1 thing. And it isnt super-cool, its bad as ****. And instead of being able to play and help improve the game by giving suggestions I get ignored.
Not only are they not improving or implementing the 3 super-cool things which I bought but they are implementing 1,8 un-cool things that I didnt want.

And one of the 3 super-cool things was too complicated, so they ditched it.
"But," I said, with a shaking underlip and tears welling up in my eyes "what about the thing I saw on the box. Can I have that" -No, and eat it, as a matter of fact, were gonna remove 2 super-cool things and mess up the last one.-

there is no need for analogies here, it's just that the game is delivering new features very slowly, and when they are delivered, they have poor quality (ex: pillaging, deaths, prisoner rescue, rebellions), even EA games have some expectations to fulfill in terms of development

Back
Top Bottom