FPS Drop after new update

Users who are viewing this thread

Watching that almost drove me to insanity. My brain kept thinking it's my network lagging the hell out. I will try how the game runs after work. Sure hope it doesn't get this bad.

I entirely understand your frustration. But let's not for a second even think that this wasn't expected. TW have been breaking patches since the start of EA and it seems to get worse with every update. I'm not even lying when I say that every small bugfix comes at the cost of a greater newly introduced bug.

Almost exactly what you've recorded first happened to me on 1.5.8 Seemed to correspond to either memory leak or spike in cpu usage up to 100% once I started looking for a cause. Haven't played new patch yet to see how/if anything changed.

Last edited:
I am not versed in the dark arts of deep programming... and it is really beyond my understanding the process/infrastructure behind the game patching. That said, I can't quite understand how a patch in this condition can see the light of day... how is this possible at this point where we are supposed to be past the finishing touches™ stage? Game in SP & MP messed up... and tools aswell.

Just fix these stupid issues including random crashes that started to happen more with this match, release custom servers and leave mp to players please, clearly this team is either incapable of doing it or is seriously underfunded.

I am not versed in the dark arts of deep programming... and it is really beyond my understanding the process/infrastructure behind the game patching. That said, I can't quite understand how a patch in this condition can see the light of day... how is this possible at this point where we are supposed to be past the finishing touches™ stage? Game in SP & MP messed up... and tools aswell.
Their overseing programmer + QA team is to blame. Pure incompetence

Same for me! Would love to get an update from devs as to when we can expect them to revert whatever caused this issue so we can go back to playing the game.

This is intended design. It levels the playing field of those with good and bad PCs. It puts a greater focus on your raw skill and ability to teamwork.

This is intended design. It levels the playing field of those with good and bad PCs. It puts a greater focus on your raw skill and ability to teamwork.
Exactly, the people in this thread are self-centered. They put a lot of thought about this. Just think about it.

In warband everyone can run that piece of crap on a fridge if they wanted to, in order to improve upon warband they decided to include these fps drops to put you on par with the rest of the community who don't have good computers.

I SUPPORT THIS DESIGN DECISION

This is an UNRELEASED game, you just have EARLY ACCESS to it while it is STILL UNDER DEVELOPMENT.
No individual patch is the FINAL STATE of the game, it is GETTING BUILT and being ADJUSTED as DEVELOPMENT CONTINUES.

Back
Top Bottom