Why nobles have high skill point in every weapon category?

Users who are viewing this thread

HEAX

really why? ****ing bastards beating me in any region's arena.

Last edited:
While you were out selling goods to townspeople, the nobles were being tutored by sword fighters.
While you were running with the camp followers, the nobles were learning to spar.
While you were organizing the tavern to defeat some bandits, the noble was making target practice of some peasants.
Etc etc etc.

It’d be nice to have a way to achieve their level, probably.

It wouldn't be so bad, if it wasn't for the arbitrary restriction on skill learning rates that force players to actively avoid collecting experience in skills they don't need. You just look at them and think "what kind of moron skilled them up this way". Skill learning rate should simply be the same whether the character is level 1 or 30, full stop. But that's a different topic entirely.

Generally speaking nobles receive rigorous weapons training from birth, and therefore can be expected to use a variety of melee weapons that are suitable for any given situation. So I can buy that they can use all three melee weapon types; it's Khuzait nobles having crossbow skills that I don't get. Khuzait just don't use crossbows. If a noble has any sort of crossbow training, I'd love to know how they got it, when, and why. I mean, maybe they spent some time at an Empire court as a hostage, so the occasional outlier isn't an issue. (It was quite common to have foreign princes and princesses live at Imperial Roman courts in order to make sure that a peace agreement is actually upheld.)

All that aside - if you aren't able to beat a lord in a tournament, you're doing something wrong. They are more beatable than ever, if anything, since all tournament weapons are treated as blunt now. You used to have to actually use thrusting attacks or land blows to the head to hurt them, and if you glanced off the armor, you would lose half your HP on the backswing. Now armor might as well not be a thing at all, no matter if you're using a sword, an axe, or anything else.

Yeah last i played had the opposite experience- tourneys being waaaay to easy to beat from lvl 1 on

I’m an old gamer but I’d much rather have the terminator AI then these cheese puffs

It wouldn't be so bad, if it wasn't for the arbitrary restriction on skill learning rates that force players to actively avoid collecting experience in skills they don't need. You just look at them and think "what kind of moron skilled them up this way". Skill learning rate should simply be the same whether the character is level 1 or 30, full stop. But that's a different topic entirely.

Generally speaking nobles receive rigorous weapons training from birth, and therefore can be expected to use a variety of melee weapons that are suitable for any given situation. So I can buy that they can use all three melee weapon types; it's Khuzait nobles having crossbow skills that I don't get. Khuzait just don't use crossbows. If a noble has any sort of crossbow training, I'd love to know how they got it, when, and why. I mean, maybe they spent some time at an Empire court as a hostage, so the occasional outlier isn't an issue. (It was quite common to have foreign princes and princesses live at Imperial Roman courts in order to make sure that a peace agreement is actually upheld.)

All that aside - if you aren't able to beat a lord in a tournament, you're doing something wrong. They are more beatable than ever, if anything, since all tournament weapons are treated as blunt now. You used to have to actually use thrusting attacks or land blows to the head to hurt them, and if you glanced off the armor, you would lose half your HP on the backswing. Now armor might as well not be a thing at all, no matter if you're using a sword, an axe, or anything else.
"what kind of moron skilled them up this way" good distortion of my words. we all make moronic desicions .and yes its my fault to say "who came up with this"

Yeah last i played had the opposite experience- tourneys being waaaay to easy to beat from lvl 1 on

I’m an old gamer but I’d much rather have the terminator AI then these cheese puffs
I am experienced as welI and I too prefer the most realistic-hardest posibilities, but you dont stand a chance when you have a spear on your hand-no skill points in any melee category, and your teammate is a recruit while enemy group have both lord and highest level infantry.
I guess I shouldve change the title to "why arena works this way" instead of this, n this topic is work of my instant nerve.

Templates. Also your average 20 years old crimelord/crimelady that does gansta stuff in city will be as good at riding as an experience khuzait noble, also that khuzait lord will be good as a vlandian noble with the crossbow.

Yeah it's garbage, they get all their stats cheated in and bypass the horrible char development system.
All the "while...they trained THE SWORD" wouldn't work in bannerlord because they're be like level 30 by the time they were 12 and not be able learn anything else. "Billy you hit the sword dummy too many times not you can't learn no scouting sept reaeaeal slow...."

I don't think they're hard in tournament or anywhere else but I don't like how TW makes and butt backwards bad character development system (level up =learning speed downed specifically), doesn't fix it and just cheats stats onto NPCs so only the player and his family are effected.

update - got an answer and changed my point of view:

"Accurate, because you’re still just a peasant who walked home after mam and pop got whacked by Radagos thugs
Getting your ass kicked by lords and high tier infantry gives you something to work towards
It also reinforces that you’re not playing some Bethesda game where you’re an incarnation of the Vague God, you’re just some *******. Makes it all the more satisfying when you do claw your way up there and can routinely kick their ass"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom